The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

To my own point of view, it seems like Americans have 15 Gods. They might be a little bit more, but for this MyTake purposes, I choose 15 because is a round number.

(in alphabetical order)

1) Conservatism

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Americans aren't famous for their progressive ideas. They still have archaic views, young Americans included. They still believe, homosexuality is a bad thing, a man should work and a woman should stay at home taking care of things, they hate anything leftist and marriage is an essential thing for every American. Zero progress. One of the few countries that men still tend to dress in suits and women in long dresses, even for casual use.

2) "Freedom"

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

In quotation marks, because most of them don't even know what actual freedom means. Everyone depends on someone else fortunately or unfortunately. The only people who have real freedom are hermits, because they don't depend on someone else, and technically they can do whatever they want around their area.

3) Good Grades

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Parroting really doesn't matter in America. All you need is to be booksmart. You need this just in order to go to a good college, get a good job and eventually make lots of money. Another product of the system more or less. That's how most American kids function unfortunately.

4) Gyms

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

I really wonder if there's at least one American who doesn't hit the gym, because as it seems they love them! But what makes me wonder, is when do they have the time to go at the gym? Americans aren't famous for their free-time. Guess on Sundays when they don't work?

5) Health

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Or to put it even better hypochondriacs. It seems like most Americans are scary of doing any unhealthy activities, or eating/drinking anything they consider unhealthy, and they overreact about even the smallest things. They are the kind of people who will ask their doctors about every little small thing. Typical example: I sleep usually 6 hours, but today I slept 7. Oh my, I must call the doctor, something is wrong with me.

6) Jobs

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Yeah the so called land of opportunity. People in America start to work from the very young age of 16. If you are 16-18 and you don't have a job, then people are not much friendly towards you. If you are over 18 and still not then things are getting words, and you start becoming their enemy. But how can they take seriously a person who doesn't make money and they have no "purpose" and "goals" in their life? Americans are fans of the fast paced life without any free-time, and the more jobs someone has, the better.

7) Media

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

This is a worldwide phenomenon unfortunately. But where this bad thing started? The answer is, in America. This is from where media-made models were started being produced, and young boys and girls imitate their style. And this is from where false information was started being provided.

8. Military
The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Although in America serving for the army is optional, if a man doesn't serve, then he's being looked down. If someone is against the military, then he's a dirty scumbag. Ignoring the fact that soldiers are heavily brainwashed. Ignoring the fact that military is one of the most savage organizations. But for Americans military is something holy as it seems.

9) Money

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

This is definitely their biggest God. If not all, most Americans' main goal is to make as much money as possible through his/her lifetime. If you don't believe me make a poll about it. But I can't guarantee you that the answers are going to be honest. Facts say otherwise though. See how poor people are being looked down in America, and she how rich people are praised.

10) Patriotism

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Americans are the kind of people, who would put their country above all. The phrase It's all about Murica, is way too common there. And of course the fact about how proud they are that they were born in this holy land.

11) Restaurants/Cafes

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Restaurants are basically each American's kitchen. They eat more frequently at restaurants than at their own kitchen (or home generally). As I mentioned above, Americans are fans of the fast-paced life. When can they go home to cook? Their daily route is Take-away Coffee (at Starbucks, from where else?) -> First Job -> Lunch at Restaurant -> Second Job -> Dinner at Restaurant -> Home. I doubt that more than 10 out of 100 Americans, know how to cook just pasta, or make coffee on their own.

12) Sports

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Sports are a really really big thing in America, especially for boys. To the point that boys are FORCED, to do at least one sport from a very young age, even before they start the school. If a boy doesn't do any sport then he is lazy, weak and a pussy.

13) Tipping

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

Most countries pay just what they see on the bill. Maybe some more generous people, might give a 5-10% tip. But in America, the tipping is performed religiously. If you tip 10-30%, then the waiter (and the people that happen to be around you as well), will give you a cold look. If you tip 0%-10%, then they might say something like "You cheap scumbag, you should be ashamed.", with their heavy accent. If you pay just what you see on the bill then you might end up being beaten up. In America you must tip at least 30% or over. A really really bad American habit, most cultures should avoid adopting.

14) TV Series/Movies

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

This could be put under the media section as well, but it's a really big thing in American culture that they can be put separately. Here we are talking about people, who name their kids after a certain character in a movie or in a TV series. That's why the name frequencies in America aren't static. The reason is because most parents have this way of naming their kids. Nowhere else this is happening.

15) Virginity

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?

I doubt there's any other developed country in this world that values virginity as much as Americans do. Even in our era, most young guys and girls in their teens are more likely to save their virginity for the special one. Even in our days many young people from there, believe that sleeping around is gross. Not to mention if a guy has ever been with a hooker (and not a constant client, but just once!) is super-ultra dirty and doomed for the rest of his life.

To sum it up, a land of conservative xenophobics with far-right wing views, that they would do everything for money. Excuse me for the wrong category as well.

The 15 Gods In America: Who Are They?
9
15

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guys

• FallOutBoy2001

... Wow. @Waffles731 and @Fathoms77 are we living in America? I don't even know where to begin...

Is this still revelant?
    • Waffles731

I know right he doesn't know jack about this country

• @Waffles731 I agree a tad bit with the homopbobia... but it's always the adults or rednecks. No one our age gives a shit anymore

• AVE_PROFITUS

I like 15. I like all of these actually.

Is this still revelant?
  • echoaj

You forgot Justice

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous

America is disgusting

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

See those butthurt Americans who downvoted you?

• Anonymous

i did but it's the truth right? i'm not offending anyone in particular

812
  • dangerDoge

So... where did you find this "information?" You make some pretty bold claims without any evidence, anecdotal or factual. Unless you back up your claims/statistics/statements, your words fall on the ground meaningless.

I'm inclined to believe there are 3 choices for what happened here.
    1.) Either you are deluded and have made assumptions yourself about America. 2.) Someone or something else fed you lies about the US and you decided to take that as the sole source wholeheartedly.
    3.) You are trolling us very hard right now and purposefully getting facts / culture wrong just to piss off the large number of Americans on this site. In this case, there would be a good chance (but not necessarily) that you are American yourself.

Well, given the blatancy and straight up absurdness of the post, I'm going with option number 3 unless you can somehow convince me otherwise. I know there are people who dislike US and generally Americans, but I don't know anyone who can possibly hate on object this much and be this clueless about the very object they hate lol.

(And if it is number 3 and you are trolling us, I eagerly await your comment that will try to get me riled up. Good luck on that :D)

• Anonymous

Take back what you said about myself being an American, please. That's a heavy insult and I don't accept it.

• dangerDoge

Despite the extra little insult you threw towards the US again, I'm still not convinced that you aren't an American and/or trolling, I'm unfortunately 'disinclined to acquiesce to your request.' :)

• Anonymous

I SWEAR that I'm not an American. I have not even been to the US. NOT EVEN ONCE!!!

• SwoopingHawk

Jesus Christ. Not as a swear word, you listed plenty of "gods", but left out the God that makes America great. Thought I'd add that one for you.

Good thing you don't have to live here, enjoy your fake freedom of speech, inability to own guns, and cruddy government healthcare in whatever country you're living in, probably one being overrun by "migrants" who you can't even speak out against publicly, like in Germany, which like everywhere else, lacks American freedom of speech. And remeber the whole time, it's "brainwashed Americans" running and funding NATO who ensure the Russians don't invade yours or your neighbors' asses and dictate policy.

God protected George Washington from all harm in battle (once he found 17 bullet holes through where his body should be in his jacket, had no wounds, later an Indian chief said he had received a message from the Great Spirit to order his braves to leave GW alone, every other officer in that battle was killed or wounded, evidence is from that chief and in GW's diary) so that he could help found America because we are the greatest nation of all time. If it bothers you, which it obviously does, that's too damn bad. And unfortunately, the conservatism is questionable, we got a big old globalist Commie in office as POTUS and another one running for the Dems. But she'll lose.

Stars and Stripes forever!

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau
  • Phoenix98

O look another Anti-American post by some anonymous user who has probably never actually been to the United States the vast mojityy of everything you've posted is completely false. And you can't even back it up with evidence because there is none to use.

Lol bless your little heart your really something special *chuckles*

• Phoenix98

Lol also the United States has only one god and its not on this list.

• Anonymous

If you were OK... you would have some shame. I can't say anymore because I'm warned here. So you can figure out what I mean.

• Phoenix98

Yeah you were warned for a good reason your posting nonsense without any evidence of any kind and being an annoying twat.

• somebodysaycheese

Yep, I thought this was shit BUT when I got to the military part I thought it was PURE HORSE SHIT.

• Fathoms77

... I'm at a loss. I must be living in a different country then.

Some of those are right (sports, movies, restaurants, etc.) but the rest is just bizarre.

Given the current regime and hugely liberal bent in this country right now, most people wish conservatism was dead, our schools are sort of a worldwide joke at this point (grades are more given than earned), people who have money - especially businessmen and corporations - are typically viewed as cold, harsh, and frankly, the enemy, and fewer teens than ever are working.

In short, this list might've been accurate in 1985. Not even close now.

• mutedaisy

Wow, you know very little about Americans. It's like you just regurgitate crap you read online.

• Luci92

This is just... bizarre.
    I'm not from the States, but when I've been there, it wasn't anything like this.

• ElissaDido

Most of these are also important in other countries.

• Anpu23

A few of these are worth mentioning:
    4) Gyms, Americans are some of the most obese people in the world, a healthy habit is something that should be encouraged. Most Americans don't do the gym thing, or if they do it's not very often.
    13) Tipping, because it is assumed that waiters/waitresses are given a tip the wage of the average server is WELL below the poverty line. If Americans were to stop tipping then the average server would starve. For the custom to change, the pay must also change. With an hourly wage as low as $2.20 an HOUR $5.00 an hour under the American minimum wage. www.payscale.com/.../Hourly_Rate

you have made other assumptions that are misunderstood.

• Thisperson98

Umm... All of these are either complete lies or extremely exaggerated.

• Foreigngal

Agreed. Eventhough I am not American.

• Anonymous

I'm not either obviously. Just how I view their culture.

• Dred1614

Certainly wish this were actually true.

• Anonymous

Because you are a fascist.

• Dred1614

No, because I'm a conservative. I'm not supportive of fascism because that would be contradictory to #2, freedom.

• Dred1614

Once again, you're dead wrong.

• goodmood

Written by a redneck.

• Anonymous

I am definitely not a redneck. I use sunscreen.

• abundantlyrich

Maybe in red neck states

• Waffles731

Wow, I must not be living in the U. S then

• Anonymous

What is a lie here?

• Waffles731

"One of the few countries that men still tend to dress in suits and women in long dresses, even for casual use."
      First off, yeah not at all,
      Second, they hate anything leftist,
      Yeah not really, Some do but a fuckload of people wanted a democratic socialst for president.
      "To the point that boys are FORCED, to do at least one sport from a very young age, even before they start the school. "
      Wrong
      :"Or to put it even better hypochondriacs. It seems like most Americans are scary of doing any unhealthy activities, or eating/drinking anything they consider unhealthy, and they overreact about even the smallest things. They are the kind of people who will ask their doctors about every little small thing. Typical example: I sleep usually 6 hours, but today I slept 7. Oh my, I must call the doctor, something is wrong with me."
      Wrong

• Waffles731

There is a fuckload wrong with this take

• Maxemeister

Umm?

Ummmmm?

Umm?

• Well, he won't let us debate openly, I can't respond any more. So at least his hate for discourse is consistent.

• Anonymous

@SwoopingHawk People like you are SIMPLY NOT ALLOWED. Leave!

• @SwoopingHawk Lmao fuckin commies

Sir you evidently have not lived in America.

• Anonymous

As an immigrant I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. To me, the USA is the greatest country in the world. Yes I'm biased.

• Anonymous

Homosexuality is a bad thing, it's not sign of something good or healthy.

• Anonymous