How Will You Be Voting This November?

ManOnFire
How Will You Be Voting This November?

I've been a registered Democrat voter since I was 19.......but have never voted before. Why? It's not religious. It's about principle. Most politicians are not decent people to me. People try to tell me my vote counts, and that as a black person voting should matter to me like crazy since we were hindered from it for a long time, but it doesn't matter, or else we wouldn't have the electoral college to decide. This year would've been the first time I ever vote if Bernie had've won the election, so now I have another person in mind........and it's neither Hillary or Trump.

In the beginning I thought, 'well, I don't like Hillary, but she is the lesser of the two evils here, so just to keep Trump out maybe I will go vote.' Not now. I've decided I'm not gonna take that leap. I sure as hell don't believe in Trump, but I really don't believe in Hillary either.

Yes, this Take is somewhat Amerocentric, and I do know that many Gaggers are foreigners, so pardon me for only focusing on my country here.

Scum in both the Democratic Party and Republican Party...

There's really little need for me to body slam Trump since he's already acing that himself pretty well, so all I'm doing these days is just waiting for him and his camp to completely implode. However, even if that happens, Hillary is still strong enough to go on even if there are a lot of Democrats who don't like her and won't vote for her. Her success isn't likely to change before we reach November.

How Will You Be Voting This November?

With Republicans, I'd like to think maybe having Trump be their Big Cheese head-hunter is a wake up call for them. Republicans in the U.S. have had a pretty terrible record and history of coldness for quite some time now, so could it be a bad omen for the party to have Trump? A cruel payback? No doubt, Trump is humiliating conservatives and driving the party into disarray and considering choosing someone else. Perhaps this will lead them to start making some changes about their image.

Still though, the bigger scandal is the fact that Hillary has made it this far because of corrupt ass-kissing in the Democratic Party. She's been allowed to get away with the email scandal - with both Obama and Loretta Lynch supporting her - where any other person in Obama's cabinet would've been swiftly dealt with for the same indecency. Many corporations also have aided Hillary financially, the same people she's lied about being against. CNN's owner Ted Turner even endorsed her early last year, so that would explain the way the network has been so heavily in the tank for her. Not to mention those other embarrassing emails WikiLeaks publicized showing how the DNC had already set things up for Hillary and was against Bernie is a pretty ugly stain. With all that, I do care if Hillary wins or not.

How Will You Be Voting This November?

Also there is the silent rumor that Bill and Hillary already set this whole thing up for her to win by recruiting Trump to run last year. Apparently Bill had a phone call with Trump a month before he decided to run, probably explaining the whole plan to him. It's there on Google if you wanna look it up, but you won't hear it in the media. And Hillary's lukewarm denial of having friendly connections with Trump is not at all convincing. Bill and Trump grew to like each other in the last some years, even golfing together, and Chelsea and Ivanka are friends - in fact if you look at Trump's speech where he claimed victory for winning the nomination, you'll notice a peculiar look on Ivanka's face standing behind him when he slams Hillary, as if it's awkward for her to listen and stand by her dad doing that to her girlfriend's mom. I couldn't find it, but I did find one where she seems like she has to swallow the pain and act like nothing when he slams Hillary on the night of the Indiana primary.

So why would the Clintons recruit Trump? Because they would've already done the math: a foul businessman with a history of scams and mouthing off shamelessly - but no political history or experience - would be dwarfed in comparison to Hillary with a pretty long political record, making it easy for people to vote for her. Any other Republican candidate would likely challenge Hillary to some degree, and both the Clintons and the Republican party knew it.

Thinking differently...

That's why I'm gonna vote for Jill Stein in November. Just sounded like an ad or endorsement, I know, lol. But I really am excited about her. I thought some people here were making a joke about a person named Jill Stein when I first saw it going around, but then I started hearing about Libertarian Gary Johnson rising in the polls, and also Green Party's Jill Stein. So I did some reading about her and I really do agree with a lot of her values. She does excite me, and that would be a woman I could really be behind as our first woman president.

How Will You Be Voting This November?

The problem for me with Gary Johnson is that he is a former businessman, which isn't a good sign, and the Libertarians have liberal views about people's rights, but conservative ones similar to Republicans about how the government should run and use money. So that's why he doesn't sit well with me. But Jill Stein was a physician, which is pretty new. She's health conscious, believes in making things right with blacks, feels that Hillary is not a good figure as a woman or a mother, cares about kids, safety, and doing the right thing in a lot of areas. That's a person with a pretty clean record there. She may not be 100% perfect but no one is. So I think she's the best person to lead this country right now since Bernie couldn't be the one.

Looking at our own principles...

Group-think is the way the world works though. Even in politics. The majority parties have most people's attention, and the U.S. government already sets things up for either Democrats or Republicans to win. We're taught to disregard the other parties and see them as fighting an uphill battle like Johnson and Stein.

But at some point we have to ask ourselves: what about principles? When will we decide to stand for the right thing even if it is unpopular? Why should I vote for the candidates of major parties just because they're the ones in the news and have all the attention? Maybe it's just better to demonstrate standing by the right people even if they're not popular or may not win simply because they're better in quality and values. And if you don't want to vote at all - like I haven't - that's fine too, but if you are, it wouldn't hurt to take a step back and really think about things.

How Will You Be Voting This November?

So what if the other two candidates aren't getting enormous media buzz and commercials. Maybe you should look at them anyway. Maybe these are the people who've been deserving our attention all along, but with the media dictating our train of thought and influencing us to focus on the heavy weight champions instead, we can't look past our group-think mentality.

This year is very different for Americans. A lot of us are not satisfied with either Trump or Hillary, within our own camps. That's saying something about our society right now. So a lot of us are feeling like we're not going to vote, while some others of us have been thinking about Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.

#BATTLEROYALE #MenOnFire

How Will You Be Voting This November?
17
46

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    looks like someone isn't a goddamn idiot who is going to vote for the lying scum or the racist scum
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

Right ON.

• Waffles731

Wow, some idiot who downvoted me likes either the racist scum or the lying scum

• ManOnFire

I know, right? Not surprising.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mustachekitteh
    I would rather vote for wither Jill or that other dude if I did vote.
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

You don't vote either?

• Not really since I don't care to follow politics, so since I don't know much about them. I feel like it's best if I don't, plus a lot of them are idiots though mainly just 2 of them are the biggest of all. :D

• "that other dude" is gary johnson, the libertarian candidate. and you should definitely check his policies out, you might find it a refreshing change from this idiocy. he's actually polling higher than donald trump right now for voters under 30 so its worth taking a look.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1645
  • "Republicans in the U. S. have had a pretty terrible record and history of coldness for quite some time now. . .." You seem to have blindly accepted all that the media has accepted. Google "drink the koolaid."
  • madhatters4
    i'll be voting for Clinton. i will not vote for trump for sure. i don't love candidate hillary but nearly all polling shows that voting for a 3rd party candidate (johnson or stein) will take votes away from hillary.
    (about halfway down shows how various polls show a 3rd party vote would affect the election versus not having a 3rd party candidate in the election at all)
    fivethirtyeight.com/.../

so essentially i'm going to vote to keep trump out of the white house
  • VictoriousSausage
    interesting take, while i don't follow American politics as much as my own country, i will say my views would lie around Bernie and Jill on here, i consider myself a liberal democrat/ Green in UK political terms, and i wish Jill the best of luck in the US elections, this is going to be interesting.
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    Yes I think the numbers will be big for the third party - I would love it if the Hillary/Donald pact conspiracy theory was true, it would explain a lot but it is too far fetched (right it has to be like he has put 55 million dollars into the primary campaign)
    • ManOnFire

I wish the theory seemed UNtrue. I don't know for sure if it really is true, but it certainly seems like it falls into place. I'm very curious to know what exactly Bill and him talked about in that phone call.

• Robbey
    Hillary, I'm hardly enthusiastic, but I find her tolerable and I think that she's the only realistic candidate. She is certainly qualified and the general course of her presidency is eminently predictable.

However, if I lived in a state in which the election was a foregone conclusion, I'd probably vote for Jill Stein but I live in Georgia, which is looking to be competitive and Hillary is looking like she'll win.
    • ManOnFire

She certainly has a political resume, but her history is also pretty rife with scandal as well. I can't support somebody like her.

• Robbey

I know what you but she's the realistic candidate.

• ManOnFire

As far as her resume goes, yeah. I opt for honest and sincere over realistic by popularity.

• N192K001
    Regardless of the outcome, I will be voting Gary Johnson (L).

Donald Trump (R) vs. Hillary Clinton (D) is proof that the 2-party system with its dependence on choosing the "lesser of 22 evils" has failed the U. S. It may have worked in the past, but it may have just outlived its usefulness.

Unlike the laws of the physical sciences, laws of the social sciences depend on the behavior of beings with intellect, emotions, and will. The now-defunct currencies of history were money... until the people acted otherwise and the rule ceased to be true. Housing prices in the U. S. market could never drop... until people chose otherwise, prices dropped, and the rule became false. African Americans were subhuman property... until people chose otherwise.

Replacing the 2-party system with a 4-party (and, then, adding the Constitution Party, the Justice Party, the Socialist Party...) or more probably won't be accomplished in 1 election (unless the people choose otherwise). Realistically, I do not expect Stein (G) or Johnson (L) to be elected to office and I expect the Trump (R) or Clinton (D) victory as inevitable, but only in the short-run. If disenfranchised (R) s can vote (L) and disenfranchised (D) s vote (G) so that each party gets ≥5%, they get taxpayers' funding (like the 2 "too big fail", elite-run parties already do, as though they still need it). If people consistently vote for them in polls so they get ≥15% their candidates are automatically in the Presidential debates. The system system will change gradually... if we make it so.

Both 15% and 5% seem small, but change will never happen if we still validate the "old" rules we refuse to reduce to obsolescence, keep complying with them, and keep making those self-fulfilling prophecies true.

In Economics, desire alone doesn't register as Demand. It is only when you buy/act/vote with your money that it actually counts.
    • N192K001

Oops... Correction: "lesser of 2 evils"

• you deserve a congratulations, good sir. Because even if he doesn't win, 15% this term is better than 5% last term, and if thats the best we can get now then maybe we get 25% the next year and 50% the next. sheep need comfort in numbers but the strong can stand with a few good men... the strongest can stand alone against an army. we the "insignificant" libertarian voters whose votes are supposedly "wasted" HAVE an army, we already outnumber the population of most developed countries. we outnumber our own military 40 to 1. we are not weak.

They say that we will not have enough time to get the numbers we need... they say 6 months is not enough time to convince the world to see Gary as a viable option. It was enough time for your mother to decide not to abort you. If you can't decide who should be president in the time it takes you to decide whether or not someone should have a life--then you have no right to make that choice in the first place.

• gotc147
    Like most folks who despise Republicans, you really should learn some history.

I'll be voting Trump, originally it was a vote against Clinton but has more recently become a vote for Trump.

Why? The establishment needs a massive kick in the ass, and Trump is currently the only one who can deliver it.

I could never bring myself to vote for a Democrat, everything they stand for is completely anti-American. Dependence on government, limited freedom, socialism, slavery... The Democratic party seems more like what you'd expect to see in North Korea or Venezuela.

Name a single society that has gone more than 200 years without a major civil uprising. You can't, because there are none, and our last one was over 150 years ago. Unless something major happens to shake up the establishment we're going to have another Civil War. Don't think so? Look at how strong Trump's support is, all those people are royally pissed off, so much so that they are willing to let A LOT slide just to kick the establishment in the teeth, what do you think they're going to feel like after another decade of the royal screw job?

Trump is an ass and I have no confidence in his ability to be President, but it's not about how the next 4 years go, they're going to suck either way, it's about the message, about firing a shot across the bow, about telling our leaders that we are sick and tired of their crap and we are not going to take it anymore.
  • Tamera952
    Not for pussy-grabber ORANGE-TURD shit-gibbon-monkey!! — that lying ugly wind-weathered saddle bag of dementia who can’t stop lying if his life depended on it — that moronic fool, public embarrassment, bombastic blow-hard!
    Fuck him, he HAS to go.
  • TesticleMonster
    Gary Johnson of course. and i think most of our country SHOULD be voting for him, given that over 50% of both Hillary and Trumps supporters are only voting for them because they have the best chance of beating the other. and of course if everyone decided to vote 3rd party instead of the lesser of two evils, we'd have it in the bag today.
  • coolbreeze
    It wouldn't matter who I voted for. My state always votes blue and normally most of the time it's by a huge margain. Certain states always seem to vote the same no matter what while other battle states it can go either way. Depends on the area you live in.
  • llorando
  • Fathoms77
    All I know is that Trump or Clinton is going to win and either way, it means very dark times ahead for this country.
    • ManOnFire

I agree, man. And it's a scary thought.

• because people continue to feel trapped yet do the exact thing that trapped them.
      www.counterpunch.org/.../
      its like that one scene from NTSF:SD:SUV where the assassin is trying to escape through the really slow elevator and Piper is trying to shoot her but Trent keeps pushing her gun down and saying "its too late. she's a ghost." Piper is like, but she's right fucking there! And he's like, she's gone, we'll never catch her. But she's still frantically pressing the button for the elevator to open. I wish i could find that clip because its the perfect metaphor for this election.

• i found it!!! at 1:33... mother Europe is always two steps ahead
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYa7x9jUqz4

• JudgmentDay
    I agree with your viewpoints on both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and have decided to NOT VOTE for EITHER of them since I don't find either of them trustworthy, and I am also aware that the whole fucking system is rigged and corrupt.
    • llorando

Of course thesy stem is rigged and corrupt, just look at the leaked DNC emails.

• @llorando Either way it's the politicians and candidates that have the most to gain and everybody else at the bottom under their authority pretty much will get fucked over. For those living in any nation that isn't suffering any kind of serious political turmoil they're really fucking lucky.

• Rissyanne
    I am voting for Trump... There is no way I would vote for Hillary.
    • what if all these four candidates had equal chance of winning, you had no idea what anyone else was going to vote, and there was no endorsements, on judge of character and policy, who would you vote?

• Rissyanne

@VictoriousSausage I am voting for who I want to be president. Trump... I know you are just waiting to crucify me. But I dont care.

• no, that's fine, i just want to make sure you know what he stands for, that's all, a lot of people vote based on who they think will win, not who's a good leader, nor who has the best personality for the job.

• DWornock
    Voting is stupid. You vote cannot possibly effect an election and, even if could, there's not a nickel's worth of difference between Trump and Hillary. If people don't vote the politicians cannot sell that the people have spoken.

Voting doesn't change anything because our masters own the media and they by using the media will not allow anyone that would really change things to get elected.
  • springocelot
    Any vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for the democrats
    I go back and forth on whether to vote or not just because my state will be blue no matter how I vote
    • Prof_Don

Oh c'mon... vote anyway! 👍

• tyber1

A) If you don't live in a swing state, any vote is a 'wasted vote' because the outcome is essentially decided.

B) Gary Johnson and Jill Stein both pull from Clinton more than Trump so your logic that they are a vote for the Democrats is false and actually backwards.

• your logic is highly troublesome and ironically you WILL give this election to hillary if you continue this self fulfilling prophecy.
      theweek.com/.../gary-johnson-wasted-vote-voting-somebody-dont-believe

• tyber1
    I'm voting for Gary Johnson but I don't see why you have a problem with him being a successful business man. It's not like he lives on Wall Street. He started a very successful construction company. Building homes is just as important as treating people's health problems.
    • ManOnFire

Will have to read more about that.

• Have you REALLY studied what the green and libertarian parties stand for? Because you might now like what you find out. For example the libertarians believe that the IRS should be gotten rid of completely and that people shouldn't need driver's licenses to drive a car. The Green party also has some insane ideas. There's a reason those 2 parties aren't popular and it's because of their insane & extreme ideas.
    • Tell me about the other extreme ideas for the Green party.

• @JudgmentDay censorship and completely outlawing guns for one. They don't want just gun control, but to ban all guns. Both alternative parties are crazy.

• ManOnFire

Those things aren't great, but the values and ideas of Republicans aren't very good either.

• Heymonyo
    Trump. I am not a big fan of his but there are issues he's willing to take on that others don't have the sack to do.

Hillary - I believe she's EVIL, and complete Liar. No ethics whatsoever

Libertarian - I like him but no chance of getting elected so it's a wasted vote
    • N192K001

Well, I'll be voting for Johnson, but I also have to agree that Hillary or Trump in the White House seems inevitable, regardless of who we'll vote for in this election.

But would you, at least, entertain making this inevitable defeat a long-term victory? If the Libertarian Party gets ≥5% of votes, it will get government funding (like the 2 "too big to fail "private clubs we call parties). With disgust for Hillary and Trump at such high levels, we might actually make this a historical vote that will help level the playing field for future elections.

Just a thought...

• Heymonyo

@N192K001 Sorry man. I can't begin to describe how much I hate Socialism and I feel we must vote Trump becaus Hillary will put us there after 8 years of Barrack

• tyber1

If Johnson can get into the debates, he can win.

• Belgie
    Stein is the best answer to those "But she's a woman!" Hillary supporters.
  • ObscuredBeyond
    You left out Darrell Castle and the Constitution Party. I realized early on that was how I would be voting, before Castle was even picked as the nominee, I knew that party was the one I'd be going with.

The implosion of the GOP was like writing on the wall. I saw it coming from miles and miles away. I have also seldom met a Democrat who wasn't a rotten, lying criminal scumbag. And Hillary's the worst one right now.

Greens are just Captain Planet Democrats. Their only saving grace is that they actually believe their enviro-fanatical drivel, rather than just pay lip service to it to get more power for themselves like the Dems.

Many aren't in agreement on what exactly defines a Libertarian, and Johnson is what many would call a corrupt "Liberal-tarian," being a Dem in Libertarian's clothing.

Only Castle is the same on the inside and out, in a good way. Trump is a man more checkered than Newt Gingrich, yet lacking the ability to speak with Newt's level of eloquence.
    • tyber1

I don't know many people who would call him a corrupt liberal-tarian. Most libertarians I know are supportive of him and he did a good job as a Republican governor.

• TheSpartan

You're probably one of the smartest people on GaG, even if I do disagree with you about Trump.

• @TheSpartan: Thanks. If he is serious about having Pence for a VP, then I feel Pence can steer Donald in the right direction, leading to a *tolerable* presidency. Which would seem like paradise compared to the insanity currently in charge, though it will take more than just one man to fix a system this big and broken and apostate.

• TheButterfly
    Why dont people understand 3rd party is a wasted vote
    • llorando

Why don't people understand voting for the lesser of two evils is a wasted vote.

• @llorando if you vote third party it skews the votes, which makes a very likely chance for the worst of the two to be in office.

• Kahbakay

Exactly!!!

• Jager66
    - It's like: No way am I voting for Trump!
    - Realizes Hillary Clinton is democrat nomination and any vote other than Trump is a vote for Hillary
    *Become fanatical Trump supporter*

This election is horribly awesome.
  • LoveHorses
    Either Gary Johnston or Jill Stein. I do not trust Hilary and Donald. Also Donald is big narcissistic nutcase. Man he's has the biggest ego ever.
  • QuestionMan
    Gary Johnson ftw.
    Lower taxes and decrease the government size.
    #IMissRandPaul
    • N192K001

Yeah! He cured my apathy..

• i was so depressed and betrayed after rand paul dropped out of the race but now gary has a better chance than he ever did. even if he doesn't win... we can fuck up the 2 party system real good

• @TesticleMonster Rand Paul was my guy. I've never agreed with a politician on so many issues.

• princesslibertarian
    voting for a president that isn't mentally ill. I want someone that doesn't tweet bullshit and who actually is mature enough to act the way a president should... and what their policies are of course :)
  • HarvestMoon
    Johnson looks like my neighbor, so I'm voting for him
  • cjmtherfcker
    I'm going STEIN
    Legalized weed
    Fix healthcare
    15 $ minimum wage
    Not ADOLF TRUMP or KILLARY
  • RationalMale
    Trump. He's not as polished as he should be and the media being 100% against him makes it seem far worse, but he's solid. What other candidate has had the guts to say "The USA is our first concern!" A leader who says his people will be his top priority. Dang. The USA hasn't had that for a while.

A leader who says, "Hmm muslim immigrants have been committing a lot of mass murder lately... instead of making a police state, let's ban these immigrants from coming here until we can be sure none of them will go on mass murder sprees. Because I'd rather foreigners have hurt feelings than have dead Americans."
  • FunkyMonkee
    The only one with a fully functioning brain, Trump!
  • Stoner710
    Most likely trump. Has far as left wing candidate I think Andrew yang and Tusi Gabbert but I don’t think either one will make it to the General.

There are 7 candidates and I hell no on if I had a gun to my head and people said vote for these people I’d take the bullet. (Not in any particular order here)
    1. Elizabeth Warren
    2 Joe Biden
    3 Bernie Sanders
    4 Julian Castro
    5. Kamala Harris
    6 Cory Booker
    7 J Ensley just hell no on him he hasn’t done my state any good so why in gods name would I want him to be president
  • outmyroom
    Where is Evan McMullin/David French?
    • ManOnFire

Not sure who they are... O. o

• outmyroom

OMG how can you live your life like that? Evan McMullin is the republican leading the #NeverTrump movement and running as an independent for president along with David French.

• ManOnFire

Hm. I haven't heard about that, even with all the CNN I've been watching, lol.

• Dred1614returns
    I've been a registered Republican since I was 18. I'm voting for Donald Trump. No way in hell would I vote for Hillary.
  • Maxemeister
    A 3rd party vote is a vote for Trump. Don't fuck up this election by being a whiny brat. 3rd party's not gonna win so get over it
    • Waffles731

@QuestionMan
      Too fucking right

• @QuestionMan There's no way you could accomplish that unless you abolished political parties. Good luck with that

• Bigclit
    Jill Stein
  • TheSpartan
    Gary Johnson is a fucking noob. I supported him in 2012, but he's just become a total tool. He's pro-abortion, pro-TPP, indifferent to Islamic terrorism, pro-NAFTA, anti-religious freedom, etc. He's changed a lot since 2012.

And, Jill Stein? Lol nope.

Clinton? Fuck no. Just. Fucking. No.

Trump is the only one I can sorta get behind. He's anti-establishment, anti-globalism, anti-Islamic, pro-lowering military spending, anti-NAFTA, anti-TPP, and actually somewhat fiscally conservative. Plus, he pisses off the Left immensely, which I find absolutely hilarious.

It's the Trump Train for me, my man.
  • NatashaBeauty
    Go Trump!!
    • Paris13

MHO, hun. xx

• ManOnFire

@NatashaBeauty You're black and you support Trump? You'll be the least he cares about!

• Chill everyone I was joking. Trump needs to get his head out of his ass. I don't support trump at all.

• Gommers
    Staying at home isn't an option in this?
  • APRU5
    Trump. because if your anyother religion than muslim hilary will shut you down.
  • Sabretooth
    nobody! they're all gonna take this country in the same direction.
  • Prof_Don
    Go Hiliary! 👍
    • Prof_Don

If Trump was more diplomatic in his public speaking, I'd vote for him. His temperament doesn't feel Presidential at all. He'd be awful at foreign affairs because he doesn't know how to respectfully talk to people to get his point acriss, without offending someone

• ManOnFire

@Prof_Don You do know that Hillary called us black men 'superpredators' back in the 90s, and was on the campaign team for a Segregationist back in the 60s, right?

• Prof_Don

People can change their views with the times.

Back in the day whites would take their families to watch lynchings as public spectacles!

• Negrodamuss
  • simxc
    Trump
  • RainbowFanGirl
    Neither. :P
    • Gary Johnson is a good candidate.

• @QuestionMan yeah people who say "neither" are clearly overlooking the only viable option...

• @TesticleMonster lol okay.

• Words_and_Wisdom
    Jill Stein all the way.
  • ConnorSmith323
    Trump!! Fuck you liberals
  • Can't vote, but Jill Stein it is.
  • dudeman
    trump its not even a question.
  • dave1558
    Trump
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    I'm voting for myself. I'm qualified