10 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Don’t Drink Alcohol

bruce3

1. When they say they're broke but go out for a drink anyway

2. Some look like they're waiting for a congratulations when they say they won't drink this weekend

3. Trying to flirt with a guy you really like

4. When your friends say that the party will start at 12 a.m. and you're there drinking coffee

5. When you're the only one who doesn't drink

6. Listening to your friend the whole damn night

7. Sometimes the only thing you can drink at a party is water

8. When you say you don't drink but they insist you have one

9. Or think you don't have any fun just because you're not drunk

10. When you wake up early on Sunday but there is no one...as they are all sleeping

12
17

Most Helpful Girl

• lumos
    Right. And then we have the ones who basically waste their weekends on feeling hungover. And I'm supposed to feel sympathy for them or something because they decided to fill their body with some toxic ass liquid. Haha no dumbass, I'm here enjoying my Saturday and Sunday headache and vomit free. Suck it up, or maybe don't drink so much.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Kapakani
    Well this is me haha!!! Listened to stories exactly like the modern family gif haha. Tried a Yeager bomb because friends INSISITED consistently that I try one. Peer pressure huh? Lol.

Good take mate. Different than the usual I come across on here haha.
    Is this still revelant?
    • zagor

That's Jaeger. Yeager was a test pilot, or a catcher for the Dodgers.

• SirenDep

@zagor you mean jaegermeister?

• zagor

@SirenDep Yes, that is what you make a Jaeger Bomb with.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1116
  • BaileyisDarcy
    And why would only people who dont drink understand this?

1. I drink but I dont get when people waste money on alcohol that they can't afford to waste.

2. I drink but i dont wait for congratulations when i dont (who the fuck does? Recovering alcoholics are the only ones you congratulate for this)

3. I dont even get what relevance 3 has to alcohol

4. I've never been to a 12 AM party. Been to one that lasted that long but i was in bed by that point. Because you are allowed to just not participate.

5. Been there done that. Thats my boyfriend now. Alcohol could kill him.

6. You have to listen to people who shouldn't be talking all the fucking time. Theyre drunk, theyre not going to remember or notice if you start walking away.

7. If you want something else to drink you should have brought something else to drink. Thats what everyone else there did.

8. Been there. Im sorry, is there a point to this one? Because this isn't news and happens to everyone.

9. Yeah, i live in Aus, alcohol is our culture. This happens a lot and its really only when you're a fuckhead that you dont understand this.

10. This happens to me every single time i stay at a friends place. What is your point?
  • CrazynKinky
    Being someone that does drink.
    1. I will never understand people that are broke but still drink. It's a stupid and ridiculous.
    2. If I say I'm not drinking this weekend I don't want a congratulations I'm usually stating it so people know they have a DD or because I want to do something else.
    3. You don't need alcohol to know how to flirt.
    4. If a party starts at midnight. I'm in bed.
    5. I appreciate the people that don't drink and offer to drive but I never expect them to. If I plan on drinking I have a plan to get home. But big THANK YOU.
    6. If you've never had a conversation about life without alcohol I don't think those are real friends. Also avoid all conversations like that while drinking
    7. Ya that could suck sometimes. But with my friends we always make sure there are plenty of non alcoholic bevys
    8. I hate people that don't respect other peoples choices.
    9. I know you can have fun without booze because I do. I don't require alcohol to have fun.
    10. Sunday morning Breakfast is my favorite!
  • bloodmountain1990
    I'm a drinker but I really like the taste of craft beer and sometimes it's a good way to let loose.

But if someone doesn't want to drink, that's their decision. In fact some people should avoid alcohol together because they become alcoholics or they're just very reckless and can't handle themselves when they're drunk and you gotta babysit them when they do which can get annoying.
  • YourFutureEx
    I don't like such people. They eat away all the snacks and we have to ingest the bare alcohol lol jk.

I don't think I'll ever drink again.

And yeah good take.
  • G-Daz
    It irritates me that drinking so standardised that socialising is mostly built around alcohol
  • SovereignessofVamps
    I think more people should just drink less amounts. Honestly though I am curious about what a hangover would feel like. I think if you can't do what you want without being drunk... then you shouldn't drink at all since you'll make horrible decisions.
  • pooper89
    When people's idea of spending time with each other is going to a bar...

www.google.com/search
  • Loveherbut
    I don't drink and i dint understand why people drink the same way people don't understand why i smoke
    I think many people drink because of peer pressure
    • pooper89

I suppose alcohol can give you cancer eventually too...

• Pink934

Maybe because some people actually enjoy a beer now and then or a glass of wine to unwind? Personally I don't understand people who never drink.

• SlightlyCrazy
    I do not nor will I consume alcohol.
    I related a lot
    Thanks for writing
  • kinggeorge007
    That's epic and I know almost everything you said are true coz I'm not a drinker too... 😂😂😂
  • I used to drink alcohol but I gave up. It is not because health but because not wanting to gain weight. Maybe it sounds stupid. I cannot gain muscle but it doesn't mean I should gain fat. I want to be between the bmi of 22 and the bmi of 23. I am endomorph and drinking alcohol would mean me having to eat less food. Because alcohol also has calories and those calories are not good calories, bad calories. It is not like eating eggs, which has good calories.
    • lumos

It's not stupid at all. I've seen a couple of my friends gain weight (one of them especially is now obese) because they drink so much and then eat nothing but junk food after drinking. It makes sense to not drink alcohol because you don't want to gain weight. It was a very wise choice of you and I'm glad you put your own body first.

• SirenDep
    I drink when I want to and as much as I please. I prefer 1-3 drinks per week, because alcohol is empty calories and gets you very hungry. I don't enjoy getting wasted and behaving weirdly, the implications that excessive drinking can have on my health and the hangover afterwards. Frankly I don't need alcohol to have a good time. Plus, after a long week I usually feel tired and prefer a cold coffee to give me energy to dance and sharpen my spirit than a beer which will make me sleepy. I'm that person who gets upset when a bar doesn't serve coffee after 9.
  • JensonStatement
    Yes, someone who understands. I don't do any drinking, smoking or drugs and people insist i do or i'm selling (because i'm black but i think the last one is funny).
  • Idonthaveausername
    I have to give you mad props for this one. I didn't drink before I turned 21 because I wanted to be nice to my developing brain, so I totally understand this. I actually love drinking now, and I try not to be an asshole to my sober driver because I'm a sloppy drunk and I've been a sober driver for a while.

But you have to give me a pass on the broke thing because when I go out drinking, I don't pay for my own drinks. As in I have never paid for my own drinks when I go out drinking. Either my friends buy for me or the owner gives them to me free because he has a thing for me. I'm a good girl and don't take drinks from strangers. Some of us broke girls don't have to pay to go out drinking. I appreciate my hot girl privileges.
    • Your friends pay for you and the bartender gives you drinks to get drunk. Real cool hahaha.

• John_Doesnt
    Yup and we understand why people keep asking us the stupid question of "Why is your skin so hydrated?" or "What's your secret to looking so young?"
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    I hate when people congratulate me cause I don't drink and/or try to say it's good that I don't... it's not that hard to do. Like, instead of drinking, don't. Also, I don't need to be told about the health benefits of not drinking or the psychological benefits... it's just a personal choice. That's it. Also, the insisting I have a drink thing is annoying. Like, bruh, I chose not to. Get over it. And I don't get the less fun person thing. Sure, I get the reasoning, but let's be honest, who's the 1 that needs to not fully be cognizant to have a good time?
    • bbch25

Urgh, I hate the not fun thing. Or "you haven't lived" or "so what do you do" or "how do you have fun" because of not drinking... Like somehow my entire life is just unfulfilled and nothing because I choose to partake in the same activities as them but sober :P

Agree with all you wrote.

• @bbch25 it sucks, too, cause I got sloshed a few times and it wasn't anything special. I just got dizzy and that's it. Like, nothing was more fun or more interesting for me. I didn't even act different. Getting drunk has to be the most overrated thing, ever, for me

• bbch25

Yes, same!
      I enjoy being deso. I act just as drunk as them when we go out, I have just as much fun, I've danced on tables in bars and clubbed until 9am. But then, I got to get in a car and drive home. When something happened I could switch to alert mode. I wouldn't wake up sick. And I could remember everything.

How is it "the good ol days" for people who get blind drunk every weekend, if you can't remember half your night lol

• TonyRyanAgain
    This is dumb, a beer or two now and then doesn't make any of this happen. This is more about not getting shit-faced, not simply having a drink a two.
  • blackeagle007
    #11 should be added. You won't get a DUI. Trust me you do not want it.

This is coming from experience.
  • art84
    Never drank but can only imagine what a hangover would feel like maybe like a terrible headache.
  • ACrazyHaggis
    haha yeah i can agree with some of this been there before
  • Rahdle
    Hahaha loved this. Good take
  • karahiri
    lmao. entertaining take.
  • Adigelunar
    good take
  • MissSakura
    good job
  • Whaaaaa
    I feel ya I never drink
  • Prügletten
    I so no sense in not drinking.
  • Anonymous
    I drink && I find it actually fun. Is it really a college experience when you don't drink? (For all the college students out ther answering how they don't drink at all)
    • Emiko

yes i can safely say it is.

• Anonymous

@Emiko okay 👍

• bbch25

Yes... I still went through University without going partying every weekend and I drink maybe once a year and even then not much... But yes, my life is not any less fulfilled than yours because of alcohol.