Celebrities voicing their political opinions

I’m tired of the virtue signaling and pandering to get just a little bit more fame from people who created a culture so disgusting that none of them have a right to tell me how to live my life.

You’re paid to be pretty and recite a specific series of words in a particular order while contorting your face in a particular manner. You’re not that special. You got to the point you currently hold through no shortage of selling yourself and your humility for a chance at millions to validate your narcissism. No one goes to a producer’s hotel room for a meeting in the middle of night without knowing what the agenda is. Finally, you are rich only because we live in such a time that people have trillions of dollars and so few problems that they can afford to go see movies instead of working every single minute of the day to avoid starvation. That means that if this country actually had half the problems you say it does… no one would be able to afford to pay for your lifestyle.

And why is it that all of you sound exactly the same? Literally, it should not be possible for everyone in an entire industry to promote the exact same political view. Even Saddam Hussein only got 99% of the votes in elections he rigged and where he literally killed people who disagreed with him.

So no. I don’t have patience for hypocritical, morally bankrupt, privileged, narcissists completely divorced from reality to lecture me on how I should vote, what I should think, and what I should believe

79

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we all pretty muvh feel the same about celebrities and their hypocritical opinions. How can they expect to be taken seriously when on one hand the are all #METOO bug on the other they willing work with rapists and peadophilles like Roman Polanski and woody Allen.
    At the end of the day they are just actors reading off a script that's been written for them, they aren't their own personal beliefs or political views.
    https://youtu.be/YPpoKquOG5Q

• Exactly my point. They just do it for fame, when deep down, they are the biggest con artists

• Thats how you know the whole #METOO is bullshit.

Most Helpful Guy

• They should shut the fuck up and just act.
    Ted Nugent lost some fans for his crazy gun views and anti Obama rants
    Mel Gibson lost a lot of fans for his anti Jew rants, and Whoopie Goldberg and Robert DeNiro used to be two of my favorite actors, now the sight of them makes me want to vomit.

• So they should be silent because... they’ll lose fans?
      I think that’s something most of the already know.

• @Ellie-V Yeah. They should keep their views to themselves. They brainwash people

• Celebrities are still people with brains. And other people can choose to listen to them or not.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• Celebrities aren’t lecturing anyone. They say what they feel and you have the option to ignore it. At the end of the day, they are still people with brains, capable of thinking for themselves—apart from their profession of entertainment.
    I’d also like to add that acting is a skill. Whether you respect that skill or not... it is still a skill. Not everyone is capable of that skill and a lot of people actually admire and need that skill to be performed by SOMEBODY in some way, shape or form. That is why they get paid. That is why they are rich.
    Have you ever considered that the reason the entertainment industry is so one sided politically is because... IT IS AN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. Yes, most celebrities of different kinds cater to their audience in many different aspects just to please them. But you have to also understand that they are still artist in their own right. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but artistic people tend to be left winged. Being remotely interested in art (of any kind) opens you up to a lot “liberal” ideas because art itself is liberal.

• Free speech means they can say what they want. You don't have to like it or listen to it but they have every right to say it, just like how you have the right to make this post announcing your opinions.

• AGREE

• Who cares what conformist celebs think? Oh please

• What makes you qualified to say what you've said here---to voice an opinion on what celebrities are allowed to say? Where are your credentials exactly? Awe, there it is. You are no more qualified than anyone else to say anything in regards to ones own personal opinion on a subject matter including said celebrities in politics. So who exactly IS qualified? Is it our politicians because you have only to open one history book to see the level of corruption and scandal, not just in the US, but globally in regards to politicians abusing their positions and the trust of their people, and these ARE people we pay to do the jobs they do and to speak out on the wrongs of the world. Go figure!

I take umbrage with people who feel that just because someone is rich or they have some modicum of power, they should not be able to say anything or have any opinions. Many of these same people you chastise went to college, and have degrees and are not just light in the head. Our ancestors did not fight and die so just "some people" could have free speech. It seems to me that you are taking their opinions personally rather than simply ignoring them if you don't personally believe in them as they cannot make you vote a certain way or do anything differently in your life if you don't personally want to do those things because along with free speech, you also have free will.

• RE the last paragraph-right back atcha.

Here I thought that celebrities had the same constitutional guarantees to free speech (you're big on the constitution, right?) the rest of us have. It sounds like you want to limit those guarantees just because they have a bigger megaphone that you.

Poor snowflake. Don't get so butthurt over others who are expressing themselves. Concentrate rather on your own hypocritical, morally bankrupt, divorced from reality message.
    or just shut up.

• Liberals are the snowflakes crying over pronouns and statues

• @Rissyanne and ignorant people like yourself fling around epitaphs and wear their ignorance and anger proudly like it was some kind of badge of honor.
      Kind of like the mobster president, right?
      no matter. Intelligence always prevails over ignorance.
      I thought you blocked me? like you have blocked so many others with whom you were angry?
      I wish you could make it stick.
      oh well, im turning this conversation off.

What Guys Said 8

• They threw everything they had at defeating Trump and failed. That proves they no longer have influence on the American people. The people know how immoral they live their lives. Affairs, , lies, plus what they get by with.

• Do you feel the same way about Ted "shit my pants" Nugent and other right-wing celebrities or are you just another hypocritical piece of trash?

• Their skills have earned them platform to voice their opinions. You just mad they don't agree with you. If they did you would be bitching.

• They only earned anything because of their fans.

• Anyone being heard is only because of the of the people will to listen to them. Your point.

• My point is that these people are nothing without the fans... some of who they are offending

• My main problem is the "Do as I say, not as I do." type who live in walled castles with armed guards telling us to have open borders and no guns.

• It almost seems like a abuse of power to me at times.

• Meryl Streep, that old pedophile.

• Celebrities should stick to showbiz. Let politicians be politicians. Celebrities seem to be VERY unforgiving and hate opinions that differ from theirs. But there is one thing worse, and that's the people who comment and judge a celebrities political opinion and force them to retract their decision from originally good intentions from your celebrity. Namely the fanbase.

They should have the freedom to express their opinions without the backlash they receive from the public.

• is a good thing

its called free speech

the right doe is it all the time. i call them "free speech for the dumb"

• I bet you wear a pussy hat

• you're a criminal dude. i dont listen to criminals