My Review on Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson is Guilty

This was a very good, interesting book that was a quick read for me. I finished this in a weekend. I was in my pre-teens when the Laci Peterson case took place. Anyone who follows the Laci Peterson case needs to add this to their reading list. If you haven't feel free to watch this video.

Actually quite a bit of new information in the book and new photos I have never seen. A few things are crystal clear- There must be something about Scott that generates this need to protect and take care of him?? It's almost ludicrous. His parents see him as a golden boy and he never got in trouble for anything.

The book is from the perspective of Anne Bird, Scott Peterson's biological sister. Scott's and Ann's mother gave her up for adoption when she was a baby. Anne talks about how she had difficulty calling her biological mother 'Mom' because she considers the couple who adopted her to be her parents. However her mom never gives a reason or apology as to why she gave her up for adoption.

The author is not an expert writer but I very much enjoyed reading her book. She even says she wrote the book so that she can organize her thoughts about this case because she found it hard to believe her brother could do something so horrible. I do not have much in common with her, I'm not a mother or wife, but I related well to her thoughts and rationale. Over all it was an interesting book that I found hard to put down until I finished it. It's really an amazing, perplexing, frightful and deeply sad situation to write about not to mention was very intimate when it came to her personal life. I'm grateful to the author for sharing what she did in this book. It couldn't have been easy.

The author takes you through almost a time line of her relationship with her new found family and her feelings on some of the things that happened along the way. I thought it was very logical and although I heard some of the emotions I didn't feel them. It's kinda like being in shock and seeing things from a distance. She is very brave to stand up and be heard. She definitely has things to lose. This case ruined her relationship with her new family because they couldn't fathom why she thought he was guilty. If I were her family I would understand how she came to have the reasons she does and I would not be mad at her even if I disagreed with her.

In Blood Brother, Anne Bird discusses her relationship to the Peterson's & how she became tangled up in this tragedy. She was very close with both Scott and Laci. She describes her journey from absolute belief in his innocence, to finally a realization that he is, in fact, guilty.

I've always wondered how some people can still defend their loved ones despite so much evidence to the contrary, but after reading this book, I think I'm beginning to understand... It appears that both love & fear play into this denial. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in this case, as well as those interested in family dynamics. It describes the behind-the-scenes actions that were not discussed on tv, and allows one to get a glimpse of how a family reacts to such a horrendous tragedy.

To be honest, her list of reasons is really nothing more than her personal observations and opinions of his conduct after Laci vanished. A few of them are astute observations, and I agree with her that many of them are suspicious and inappropriate behaviors, but the list itself has little or no legal substance whatever. Several of her reasons show Scott to be a complete and total sociopath. I don't believe she could have contributed anything of substance to the trial for either the prosecution or the defense. But unlike many reviewers here, I don't think Anne was at all bitter about having been "given up" as a baby, and thus wrote this book to spite her birth mother. Quite the contrary: she had a MUCH better life with the parents who raised her than she would have living with her single, biological Mom.

Her biological mother seems extremely self-centered and narcissistic, I've heard that's supposedly where Scott picked up those qualities. Scott Peterson has been sentenced to death for the murder of Laci, in California of all places. I don't wish death on many people, but this is what he deserves. Laci's body was so mutilated that it's hard to tell what actually killed her and then her unborn child was cut from her womb. I also want to commend Amber Frey, we may not have gotten conviction without her assistance.

4
2

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guy

• RolandCuthbert

Yeah, this won't get much notice at GaG. Poor Laci Peterson. Thanks for the recommendation.

Is this still revelant?
    • Yes I think especially since most things here consist of shallowness, sex, racism and other very innapropriate things! Questions and otherwise! ... Plus, this was an old crime case.

• @SueAnon84 So true. This is Trump's America now. It's all about pervy sex, cheating, rape, lying, and celebrating white supremacy and greed and treasonous stuff these days.

Most Helpful Girl

• nerms123

I donโ€™t know anything about this but you write good reviews ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Is this still revelant?
    • Thanks!

• @truekaleesi, I'm surprised that you still remember this case. I was 19 when this sad and chilling thing happend. I can't believe you would remember since you said you were only in your pre-teens! Good job for doing the research and having good memory!

13
  • zagor

Scott Peterson murdered his wife Laci. Drew Peterson murdered his wife Stacy.

Women, here is a hint: If your name ends with an -acy sound, do not marry a guy named Peterson.

• jonesjessica812

And society think only black men can be a criminal

• It's an interesting case. Society's views of black people are horrible.

• MrOracle

There was never any suggestion that any black person was involved in this murder, and the jury convicted Peterson and the judge sentenced him to death. What "white privilege" did he have in this case?

White people commit crimes all the time, and they are prosecuted and convicted all the time too.

The facts are that in the US, black people are 19% of the population but commit more than 40% of the crime. It stands to reason that the rate of arrests, prosecutions, and incarceration is higher among blacks (even in predominantly black areas with black police and DAs) when the rate of committing crimes is also higher.

That doesn't stop the police and DAs from prosecuting white crimes, though. That happens every day in every county in the US.

• @jonesjessica812 Bringing race into the equation... how typical

• SydneySentinel

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

• Thank you for this