I hate when people automatically assume I am something because of my gender./How to make the world a better place

AssholeNumberOne

I hate when people assume I am things. Such as:

(*Bullshit train*)

Excessively afraid of sa,

Afraid of men,

Afraid of bugs,

Weaker personality,

Weaker physically,

More emotional than men,

ALWAYS WANT SYMPATHY FOR PAIN. (AS IF I HAVE NO DIGNITY! AS IF I WOULDN'T HATE MYSELF FOR CRYING IN PUBLIC! I WOULD!)

Look, just because some idiot says 'women are more emotional, women always want sympathy'... God.

I believe that if you have more sympathy for one gender but not the other, that is no "gender equality."

So, I treat people the way I want to be treated. I ask if they want it before I give advice or sympathy, or even certain compliments. I always ask.

Never assume what someone is, or what they've gone through because of appearances or gender. And I don't want any bullshit about why people should assume things about people and show it, it's just that, bullshit. And rude. πŸ˜… Thanks.

Any questions?

6
2
2Girl Opinion
6Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Havthrills

Where the heck did this happen? Is this a common thing? I guess I grew up in a better area. Lol.

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Havthrills

I grew up in Montana. Definitely is not like this where I grew up. It's really stupid to judge anyone by gender or by anything other than who they really are. Don't know a person until you talk to them and hang out.

• I know, right
      Thanks for understanding. So many around me don't

• Havthrills

People are getting the wrong thinking. I don't really know how they are. Everyone has something he or she cannot do and will need help with. It's not a gender thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Jennz6

I know what you mean

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

15
  • Snakeyes7

I think the first two is coming from what our culture is trying to teach women. I'm glad you didn't fall for it.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • ... πŸ™‚

• Snakeyes7

No one should be made to be afraid of their fellow human beings for things they can't control.

• Snakeyes7

Actually let me rephrase that.

No one should be made afraid of their fellow human beings for thing that not only do they have no control over but it also doesn't make them a danger to those around them.

• DubiousIntentions

OK, so which of these are and what are you not?

Reply
  • BJP21

Is there any part of you that says... Not Human?

Reply
  • Aiko_E_Lara

It is in fact that a lot of girls are more expressive about their emotions and they are physically weaker by comparison which is exactly why it is hard wired in our society to think it's more acceptable for women to express. But just because you are tolerated more, that doesn't mean they assume you're a weakling. You're just treated like a woman whether you like it or not. If you wanna be treated like a man, there's still a big chance society will hold back on you because men and women are in FACT biologically different and you know that.

Reply
  • Kingofkings1992

Guys are physically stronger than girls. That’s not a matter of opinion

Reply