POLL: How do you feel about PRIDE parades?

• I actively support or attend PRIDE parades
    Vote A
  • I support PRIDE parades but do not attend
    Vote B
  • I do not support PRIDE parades
    Vote C
  • I disapprove of PRIDE parades
    Vote D
  • I hate PRIDE parades and think they should be banned
    Vote E
  • I am disgusted and repulsed that PRIDE parades exist
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think that they're a bit unnecessary and that sometimes it just seems like you're trying too hard to prove that you're ok with who you are. I don't understand why people just can't be. It's like being Catholic in my country is pretty much the worst thing on earth right now because we're going through a Royal Commission surrounding child sex abuse in the Church. I'm not marching down the streets so that everyone can see that I'm ok with being part of a group which is seen as undesirable in society. I'm a Catholic and I'm ok with that so I just go about my business being who I am.

2|1
    0|0
    • What's your country?

• Show All
    • After being discriminated against and forced to hide who they are, LGBTQ folks should be able to celebrate who they are.

• @TinyCactus And as far as I'm concerned the best way to celebrate is to live their lives being comfortable with who they are. I being someone who has been discriminated against for my religion and my disability I still see it as being ubnecessary.

• If you're gay, be gay, but you aren't so special that you need an entire month and parades to show off. When is straight month? Where are all the straight parades? No one else seems to feel so entitled...

2|5
    3|0
    • yes you are that special because homophobic people have been oppressing lgbtq+ people for centuries, and now that it has finally become much more acceptable lgbtq+ people should be able to celebrate and feel amazing for how much oppression they have overcome. there doesn't need to be a "straight month" because literally every day is straight day, heterosexual couples face no oppression unless they are biracial, just shut up and let lgbtq+ celebrate who they are

• Show All
    • You’re trying to take away the LGBTQ’s pride by saying they shouldn’t be able to celebrate themselves.

There’s literally no reason to be a dick about it.

And Julius Caesar’s death wasn’t that tragic. He was a huge dick; it’s obvious someone was bound to kill him.

• @TinyCactus No, again, never said that 😄

Never said they shouldn't be able to celebrate, they just don't need a parade and a whole month. Or if they have one, then they shouldn't complain when people try and make a straight month and straight parades. Unless... Wait, so the oppressed have now become the oppressors, tsk tsk tsk. So much for equality.

I'm not being a dick, I'm showing you the hypocrisy of your beliefs. If you don't like them don't be so hypocritical, it's not that hard :/

And wow, way to disrespect a dead man, how rude of you 😢😂 I love how that point just flew straight over your head

Most Helpful Guys

• B was the closest to correct answer for me. More accurately I'm mostly indifferent to it. Not much of an event goer in general. I don't know many gay people. The ones I do know probably wouldn't go either because they're busy with other things as well. We all got bills to pay.

I do believe in their right to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression. As well as a belief that they are entitled to the pursuit of happiness. I think it's also good for anyone to exercise that right where they see fit. But beyond that it's just not something on my radar.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a christian - I don't agree with the act. To a point, I get the parades, and I'm ok with that from a secular viewpoint - there are parades and celebrations for all kinds of things.

You want to go have a somber vigil/parade because a crazy nut committed an act of terrorism? Lovely. I can appreciate that. To a point, I might get behind that on some level. Terrorism (terrorism isn't micro aggressions, but like people beheading gays and throwing them off buildings and stuff) is horrible on any level.

Many of the parades get raunchy, though, and I DEFINITELY disapprove of that element. There's a very hedonistic element to a lot of these parades. Whether straight, gay, somewhere in the middle, etc I don't care for that element of some parades and events out there, no matter who'd be doing it. If it was regular looking people, marching, dancing in the streets (but keeping it pretty clean), I might argue the case more for Pride parades. But with the level of debauchery encouraged, even what little I've seen by watching the news, I can't support any of that at all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 52

• I think they should have a straight parade float in the same parade where they can yell and scream that they are straight and proud of it. I'm getting tired of this gay pride shit where they have to shove what they are in your face. Who cares if they are gay? Just live your life like the rest of us do and stop proclaiming it to the world like it is a gift from God or something to be gay.

3|5
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @ElvenMr Funny, didn't realize you chose dick or vag based on your parents -_-

• @hnw627 And women were not allowed to vote until 1918. Blacks weren't allowed in white restrooms and had to use black buses until 1961. But I don't see women parading for that or the blacks parading for getting their rights. So you were bullied. Join all the straight people who also get bullied and who commit suicide because of it. Yeah, you got screwed. You aren't the only one that happens too. Most people just pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and carry on and they get over it. But they don't parade over getting back on their feet. We get screwed by the government all the time but don't parade when we finally get some rights voted in. So gays finally got back on their feet. So carry on and get over it. No need for parades. You should try being humble like all the others who got screwed.

• Yeah, who cares! If someone wants to have a parade, that's fine. If people are happy with who they are, let them express it. They're not hurting anybody. If some people don't like it, they can walk down a different street, watch something else on TV, etc.
    It's all about freedom of expression. And their parades are nice and colorful so they're pretty to look at. All kinds of people have parades and some of them aren't as good to look at. ;)

3|0
    0|0
  • I refuse to support any type of public display that exposes sexuality to children. It’s disgusting how gay men like to shake their peckers in front of little girls. Go search it on YouTube if you don’t believe me. Children don’t need to know that you like dick. Keep that shit in the bedroom.

2|4
    3|0
    • Nice to know I got down voted lmao, I’m against guys showing their dicks to little kids, y’all pedo apologists or something? 🤣

• I don't care what people do with their love life, but I do not like the vulgarity that is often displayed.

3|6
    1|0
  • I don't support them and want nothing to do with them. But I don't find them disgusting and think the idea of having them banned is crazy. Let people have pride for what they wanna have pride for lol

2|3
    0|1
  • As a Christian I don't support them. But I don't hate the individual or nothing like that

1|8
    2|0
  • Just imagine the emotional outburst it would cause if Christians dared to make a Christian parade.

And that said it all.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think pride is only for those who earned a medal, prize, higher government position or company head or owner or manager. So, i always wish good for them and i hope people never misunderstood them. And give them their priorities.

1|2
    0|0
  • I love them, the reason why is pretty simple, for years gay people have been in the closet afraid to even show who they are to the world, so I think this is perfect. People are showing that they are not afraid to show to the world who they really are. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... Man having a parade for sucking dicks and women for being lesbians. Nice way of promoting mental illness.

2|4
    2|0
  • I can careless. People live their life the way they want it to be. Do what you have to do as long as it doesn’t interfere with my religion, personal space, or peace. Bon voyage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they should be banned. It's annoying and kinda disgusting. Who cares what you are.

1|4
    5|0
  • I attended one a couple years ago because my friend just came out as pan and my whole friend group went with her to show support

2|0
    0|2
  • It's funny how most guys are disgusted by lgbtq parades. Staying true to stereotypes.

2|0
    0|4
    • I'm bisexual but LGBT "pride" parades are just freak shows and don't represent LGBT people in a positive fashion. I don't worry those weirdos being my representatives just because I like some dick once in awhile..

• *don't want those weirdos

• I think it's extremely stupid. But the weird thing is, I have nothing against gay people.

1|4
    0|0
  • I support LGBT rights to an extent and I don't have nothing against pride parade if they tone down vulgarity in it several notch

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm fine with them, I don't go, though. I just don't like huge crowds.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would like to go sometime to support my LGBTQ friends but I would feel weird going alone since I’m straight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I support but don't attend. Live and let others live.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're cool.. Pride parades are the only good parades because they never get rained on. It's full of rainbows

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 99

• I don't support it.

2|4
    2|0
  • They're pointless and dumb. "I'm a faggot and I'm proud." Cool, so what? You don't see me flaunting my sexuality all over the place, having marches to demonstrate how much I like sticking my dick in pussy. That's cool if you prefer a dude's asshole, but I don't really care and I don't wanna be reminded. Oh, and by the way, thanks for ruining the rainbow for humanity.

1|3
    2|0
  • They don't have much to be proud of, because they are suffering from a psychiatric and/or physiological disorder with which they were born. In other words, they've got their wires crossed somehow, so I wouldn't brag about it. But if a group of folks wanted to brag about, say, colitis, hey, have a parade.

1|3
    0|0
    • MHO!

except the last part "But if a group of folks wanted to brag about, say, colitis, hey, have a parade. " which I disapprove

• I'm tolerant towards the LGBT group, but PRIDE parades are on another level that is full of overly-sexualised degeneracy. No sane person wants to see freaks dressed as gimps, dry humping each other, playing with dildos and shit. It's completely disgusting and inappropriate.

Whatever the fuck you want to do in your bedroom is your business. It doesn't belong in the fucking streets. People need to realise that you can be proud of being gay without flaunting your sexuality in people's faces.

The irony is that homosexuals would be much more easily accepted without this sort of flagrant display of unseemly stupidity. If your entire "identity" revolves around which hole you like to fuck, newsflash, it's time to get a real identity.

https://i.redd.it/g7pmu23sz17z.png
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../SM_Gay_Slaves.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DenxZDVVAAA1LYR.jpg

0|1
    0|0
    • Sickos. I feel sorry for them -- especially that little boy. It should've been illegal to take a child there.

• @dandee55 Someone should seriously find the parents that are subjecting their children to this disgusting behavior and take them out and beat them senseless.

• Twisted. I remember reading of a similar incident like in first pic of guys dancing and shaking their penises in front of kids at a parade😧. Gross

• They're annoying a/f. I can't imagine getting together with a bunch of other straight people to march in the streets celebrating who it is we like to have sex with.

2|4
    0|0
  • I've been to a pride after party and it was fun. I have never been to a parade, and it's not one of my priorities since it would be empty virtue signalling. However, I support LGBT equality and have no problem with Pride parades so long as they're family friendly during the daytime.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% against them. Their only purpose, and the only thing those parades achieve is pushing sick shit down the throats of normal citizens. Especially children. While on the other hand, they achieve absolutely NOTHING for gay people, they just increase the amount of hatred for them. Gay people dont need gay parades, people who wanna spread sick trends do. Those parades should be permanently banned all over the world.

1|2
    1|0
  • They should be banned or at least be stricter with them. Anywhere else nudity in public is illegal but if you're gay then apparently you are above the law and can march down the streets naked in front of everyone including kids. That shouldn't be happening. It should be a normal parade.

1|2
    0|0
  • media.tenor.com/.../tenor.gif
    But if you're born gay then what's there to be proud of. I mean you didn't achieve anything if you were born that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they are stupid. I only think narcissism, ego, self absorbedness. I think less of people who do stuff like that.

1|4
    0|0
  • I support the equality while never attended them myself, I do have gay friends and had bi girlfriends over the years... so would be quite closed minded of me not to accept or support them

so I dont mind either way about the parades, though i dont do well in large crowds tbh doesn't matter whether is is for Pride or for any other reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Pride parades are examples of self-expression that are protected by the First Amendment of the US Constitution. I don't like parades, and I am not comfortable with openly public display of affection, or overt discussion or celebration of sexuality be it heterosexual or homosexual outside of necessary educational purposes.

I also disapprove of alcohol use of any amount or frequency, and receiving interest on loans, but that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's have a straight parade. Oh that's right... we're biologically normal and will actually continue the human race if we tried reproducing. No point in promoting that, right?

All jokes aside, there's nothing wrong with being gay, just like there's nothing wrong with having a mental illness, but should it be promoted? Definitely not.

1|0
    0|0
  • whatever folks at such functions opt to do is their business. i'm not going to one, nor am i going to disrupt one or tell folks they're not.
    HOWEVER, i refuse to be forced to cater to their every whim and change my system of beliefs based upon their ideas/lifestyles.
    i respect them and their space and expect same.

0|0
    1|0
  • I support gay rights as they are a part of individual rights. But my God, those "parades" are disgustingly awful. Men wearing barely anything, women that look like they haven't shaved in 5 years who aren't wearing barely anything and endless sexualization of everything. I was grabbed by the dick and repeatedly rubbed up on when I went to the one in Charleston. My friend is gay and he lives in downtown Charleston, I used to live with him and a few others, but even he told me to be careful.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am ambivalent about Pride Parades. The only reason why I am not fond of them is the same I am not fond of most other parades: parades interfere with traffic patterns and make if difficult or impossible to get to where I want to go easily, quickly, or not at all. If you are driving in Manhattan, the last thing you need is a source of gridlock and traffic jams.

0|0
    0|0
  • I disapprove totally. Not because it's for LGBT, which I'm ok with, but I hate those parades themselves.
    Look at it, it's full of people acting super sexually, making out, wearing BDSM leather clothes, there are people with dildos all around. And all of that in plain view of kids.
    This is unacceptable.

0|2
    0|0
  • I disapprove because there pointless, if it is all about equality then there would be a pride for everything like just for been stright.
    But if everything has a pride then pride becomes meanless and pointless.

So that's why i think there stuiped and will never go near one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care if you're gay or not I actually have gay brother and had gay friends in the past but, i dont see a point in these parades they leave all the straight people out of it. Make a love parade instead that celebrates everyone now that would be a parade worth supporting.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that I support them as much as I coexistence with them but I don't hate them, you have the right to support and attend however I feel that just like all other social political movement type events, you will always find extremist from both sides ruining the mood of the event

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes