POLL: How do you feel about PRIDE parades?

• I actively support or attend PRIDE parades
  • I support PRIDE parades but do not attend
  • I do not support PRIDE parades
    Vote C
  • I disapprove of PRIDE parades
    Vote D
  • I hate PRIDE parades and think they should be banned
    Vote E
  • I am disgusted and repulsed that PRIDE parades exist
    Vote F

54101

Most Helpful Girls

• I think that they're a bit unnecessary and that sometimes it just seems like you're trying too hard to prove that you're ok with who you are. I don't understand why people just can't be. It's like being Catholic in my country is pretty much the worst thing on earth right now because we're going through a Royal Commission surrounding child sex abuse in the Church. I'm not marching down the streets so that everyone can see that I'm ok with being part of a group which is seen as undesirable in society. I'm a Catholic and I'm ok with that so I just go about my business being who I am.

• What's your country?

• After being discriminated against and forced to hide who they are, LGBTQ folks should be able to celebrate who they are.

• @TinyCactus And as far as I'm concerned the best way to celebrate is to live their lives being comfortable with who they are. I being someone who has been discriminated against for my religion and my disability I still see it as being ubnecessary.

• If you're gay, be gay, but you aren't so special that you need an entire month and parades to show off. When is straight month? Where are all the straight parades? No one else seems to feel so entitled...

• yes you are that special because homophobic people have been oppressing lgbtq+ people for centuries, and now that it has finally become much more acceptable lgbtq+ people should be able to celebrate and feel amazing for how much oppression they have overcome. there doesn't need to be a "straight month" because literally every day is straight day, heterosexual couples face no oppression unless they are biracial, just shut up and let lgbtq+ celebrate who they are

• You’re trying to take away the LGBTQ’s pride by saying they shouldn’t be able to celebrate themselves.

There’s literally no reason to be a dick about it.

And Julius Caesar’s death wasn’t that tragic. He was a huge dick; it’s obvious someone was bound to kill him.

• @TinyCactus No, again, never said that 😄

Never said they shouldn't be able to celebrate, they just don't need a parade and a whole month. Or if they have one, then they shouldn't complain when people try and make a straight month and straight parades. Unless... Wait, so the oppressed have now become the oppressors, tsk tsk tsk. So much for equality.

I'm not being a dick, I'm showing you the hypocrisy of your beliefs. If you don't like them don't be so hypocritical, it's not that hard :/

And wow, way to disrespect a dead man, how rude of you 😢😂 I love how that point just flew straight over your head

Most Helpful Guys

• B was the closest to correct answer for me. More accurately I'm mostly indifferent to it. Not much of an event goer in general. I don't know many gay people. The ones I do know probably wouldn't go either because they're busy with other things as well. We all got bills to pay.

I do believe in their right to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression. As well as a belief that they are entitled to the pursuit of happiness. I think it's also good for anyone to exercise that right where they see fit. But beyond that it's just not something on my radar.

• I'm a christian - I don't agree with the act. To a point, I get the parades, and I'm ok with that from a secular viewpoint - there are parades and celebrations for all kinds of things.

You want to go have a somber vigil/parade because a crazy nut committed an act of terrorism? Lovely. I can appreciate that. To a point, I might get behind that on some level. Terrorism (terrorism isn't micro aggressions, but like people beheading gays and throwing them off buildings and stuff) is horrible on any level.

Many of the parades get raunchy, though, and I DEFINITELY disapprove of that element. There's a very hedonistic element to a lot of these parades. Whether straight, gay, somewhere in the middle, etc I don't care for that element of some parades and events out there, no matter who'd be doing it. If it was regular looking people, marching, dancing in the streets (but keeping it pretty clean), I might argue the case more for Pride parades. But with the level of debauchery encouraged, even what little I've seen by watching the news, I can't support any of that at all.