A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)

DizzyDesii

Hey y'all! I miss the interactive mytakes so I was thinking it would be cool if some of you took the time to share a miniature travel guide of a place you want to visit and things you’d enjoy doing there. #FeelFreeToList but if you don’t its all good because I talk enough for the both of us and have about 5 places in mind that I’ll eventually share.

So here’s part 1 in which I want to talk about the things I want to do in AUSTRALIA.

A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A nice shot of the Gold Coast
A nice shot of the Gold Coast

When most people consider going to #TheLandDownUnder, its often Sydney and its lovely attractions that are the first to come to mind. I was tempted to visit after seeing Mary Kate and Ashley’s “Our Lips Are Sealed” as a kid. I mean the opera house looks nice and all, but I prefer to go elsewhere.

What really catches my eye is the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia! I’d love to check out their restaurants, beaches, and theme parks.

A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)

I guess I’ll keep this shorter than usual, but one thing that I’ve always teken interest in is surfing. I enjoyed the tv show The Ultimate Surfer and would love to see some live action surfing!! I’d also love to take some surfing lessons. So i gotta check out some of the beaches in Australia!! I’d head to Currumbin or even take some pics under the Surfers Paradise sign. Besides, one beach that really catches my eye is the Burleigh Heads/Tallebudgera Creek. It looks so gorgeous.

Burleigh Heads/Tallebudgera Creek
Burleigh Heads/Tallebudgera Creek

And I don't know if you’ve heard of Whitsundays but I’m trying to get to what looks like an even bigger version of the above… Yep, that would be Whitehaven beach. I believe its a good 2+ hour flight away but I’m down. I mean look at this beauty. I just gotta watch out for those sharks that camouflage in with the sands.

WhiteHaven Beach
WhiteHaven Beach
More of WhiteHaven Beach from the Lookout

As for the food, man, Australia makes America’s burgers look small af lol! (And yet they say everythings bigger and better in Texas). You may have assumed I’d go over to the Gold Coast and snack on some bison, meatpies, fish and chips, vegemite, snake, gator or kangaroo. But I’m honestly just tryna stick with what i know.

I want to try the pizza at Vinnys or Tony’s. I want some ribs from Milanos. Maybe eat a little Gnocchi Gnocchi. (I still can't pronounce that for crap.) I want a wholeass feast from House of Brews.

A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)

I want some steak from Bondi Grille or Glenelg! (Definitely can't pronounce that). I want some hot wangs from St Helens in Coolangatta Bar.

A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)

I want to buy the bigass messy burgers from Getta Burger (Shake Shack who?). And Brooklyn Depot has a whole spicy one with a dang syringe in it!!

A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
The syringe contains one of the hottest hot sauces ever!!

Milky Lane in Surfers Paradise looks like a whole mood!! Its got such a hip style with rappers faces on the walls and even burgers inspired by them!!

Checkout the lounge to the restaurant
Checkout the lounge to the restaurant
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)

But hey, Forget jetlag. I’m gonna be too stuffed to fly back haha. Okay so enough about food, I’m getting fat just talking about it. Now for the fun! I might not have made it to Orlando just yet but im certainly going to the Gold Coast for the theme parks! They have DreamWorld, Nickelodean Land, Sea World, Wet N Wild, and Warnerbros Movie World. They’re smaller apparently but hey, if i can get food, beaches and parks in one then im down for it! And i can't forget the hot Australian surfers and their accents haha. But yea i’d love to go, I just need a coaster partner lol.

oh Yea and Scooby Doo’s Spooky Island was shot there

And yes my name wouldn't be Desi if i didn't mention going out of town to try out another casino. So if I go to the Gold Coast, I must head to The Star!! But for now, thats all folks!! Stay tuned for the next #DizzyDestination 😜😃🙌😝😋

Cha-Ching!!
Cha-Ching!!
A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
15
2
2Girl Opinion
15Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• MTC29
    Oz was on my bucket list for many years until Y finally made it there in 2019. I started in Sydney and then stayed along the coast hitting the major spots. Newcastle was a nice afternoon. I had a chance to just hand with some local men at the old downtown train station.
    "Where is the new station?" I asked.

"So far out of town that you should skip the train and go to the airport instead!"

Cairns, with the Great Barrier Reef, was another great stop.

My tour ended in Darwin, which was the single most humid place I have ever set foot, and I have homes in Florida and Panama!

The Australian people, with the exception of a bogan (yes, I picked up some slang) in a pub in Brisbane, were among the nicest and most friendly I have ever encountered. People were nearly fighting over the chance to help me out with trains and buses. I can't say often enough about how nice everyone was to me.

The food is okay, but far from the best I've eaten. The women are good looking: lots of tall blondes- and everyone likes to swim. The one thing I had expected to see, but never did, was a kangaroo. I had thought that they would be hoping around everywhere, but that is not reality.

There is so much of Oz I didn't get a chance to see, but sadly I doubt I'll ever get the chance to return. It is a long way from everywhere.

I could post hundreds of photos of my trip, but these two gentlemen at
    Fort Scratchley, in Newcastle, were nice enough to give me a private tour. They even let me fire the saluting cannon at noon. A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)Gentlemen, I salute you.
    Helpful 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yea Brisbane, Whitsundays and Gold Coast are the only things i care about in AU. And Why do they call it Oz? I've heard of it but why

• lancecantee
    Having lived in Australia for a long time and traveled it extensively, this is a good place to go, but the food is actually terrible if you just go to any random place. Strongly recommend going to Asian restaurants over local "cuisine". Also, definitely see Lamington National Park west of there. A road trip from Gold Coast to Sydney or Melbourne is also great. Coffee in Australia is almost as good as top cafés in Europe, which you wouldn't expect. Melbourne is where it's at for quality restaurant food, plus the night life is superb. Canberra is pretty terrible, but the hiking south and to the east is absolutely stunning. Plus Kiola beach and Jarvas Bay are very worth a visit to the east and ne.
    Helpful 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yea im not into Asian foods tbh. I do want to try korean BbQ but outside of that, nahh. And also the resturants above are quite popular there. Its not even local AU cuisine. Im just going for the American cuisine that im used to 😂 Im not into outdoorsy stuff outside of the beach and theme parks so i probably won't go to a national park. If it has huge waterfalls then im tempted. Yea im not interested in Sydney and the only thing i like about melbourne is the sign. I dont drive so i won't be roadtripping. I’ll just travel around Gold Coast then fly to Whitsundays. Im not into hiking nor animals so i won't be petting any koalas or kangaroos 🤣

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

213
  • AviatorTom
    In Australia, I think you'd enjoy dining on Moreton Bay Bug, it's a unique kind of lobster, very tasty.

For me, I'd like to tour Greece (including the isles) and see all the historic sights, as well as trying out Greek food. I'd also like to give a shot at Greek dancing.
    Like 1 Person
    • I've never had lobster but if it tastes like shrimp or crawfish, then ’d try. I hate crab and am not big on seafood. I forgot all about greek dancing. Is that where they break the plates?

• Some Greek dances break plates. I'm thinking of the Greek dance where everyone locks arms and dances around in circles.

• Jaximus-Lion
    I have my cousins live in Melbourne, they can show me around when i go there. They don't have such a good taste in restaurants because i known them for all my life 😁 but i can find a list if i want to. Beaches! Don't cate much, just take me to any beach you want and i will be having a blast no matter what. Casino! Only if there is a poker game tournament so i can be in. Other wise i qant to see the dangerous nature there and discover the wild. I like your (my take) 👍
    Like 1 Person
    • Yea im sure AU has gorgeous waterfalls. But im not a nature person so i’ll stay close to the city and shore 🤣

• TheAfrikan
    I happen go have given this take a thumbs up 👍 before even read I g it further. Since Australia tops number 1 on the countries on earth I would love to live in.
    So the more I read your take till the last paragraph Damn it is a complete nice take since you explained how deep you want to het spoilt in Australia and the way you wana change ya name after that massive trip @DizzyDesii thanks for another take of hot flowy swag.☺
    Like 1 Person
    • AU is too expensive for me to live in lol but i’d certainly visit for a week or so. And im glad you enjoyed it hahahah

• JSmuve
    Gold Coast!!! Australia's Miami. Looks dope. Though I'll pass on all that disgusting food. I need a bypass surgery just looking at all that cholesterol and fat.
    Like 1 Person
    • Its Australias Vegas/Miami/Orlando all in one!! I can't wait to go. And lol say what you want about the food. I can exercise once i get back home 🤣

• JSmuve

There ain't enough exercises in the world to work that off, baby girl

• You haven't met the sports teams here then because the guys eat like that all the time and they still got 6 packs, 8 packs, 12 packs. You just have to exercise it off within the hour you ate

• exitseven
    Sounds really good. I don;t know what is going on with Covid however. I always wanted ot go there too.
    Like 1 Person
  • jasco
    Interesting, honestly I have wanted to travel the world and I may do that. I don't know what places to go to and honestly I am looking forward to more of this mytake
    Like 1 Person
    • I hope you also share at least one mytake of a place you’d like to visit. Usually i hate to read but if you include pics, I’m in haha :)

• jasco

lol ok honestly I don't do mytakes but I will see what I can do

• najekim
    July 2022 we're scheduled to go experience the Black Hills area with side trips to the Bad Lands and Devil's Tower. We'd went to see all we can in the US before we even think of going abroad.
    Like 1 Person
    • Yea im not big on traveling so i only care to see about 8 out of 50 states in the usa then i’d call it a day

• Guido

Devils Tower was nice to visit. Stayed at the campground at the base and staged day trips from there to Mount Rushmore and Deadwood.
      DizzyDesii what are the 8 States you want to visit? I'm Canadian but have been to 15 to 20. I'm curious if I made it to the ones on your list.

• @Guido statewise i want to visit NY, FL, and TN. I have been to MS, GA, NC, AL, LA, OH, TX, NV

• Aerissa_Jade
    Nice job well done, I've done one travel guide but I plan on only doing them for places I've actually been, got more coming up later when I'm not so busy with work

I'm not big on flying but someday I may go to there, one of my relatives lived there for awhile, so maybe if he ever goes back, I'll tag along so he can show me the sites.
    • Yea well i dont travel much so the only places i could do aren't all that interesting outside of my trip to Vegas and i discussed that long ago on here. So i prefer to do places i want to checkout

• I lived in a Vegas for awhile, but makes sense... researching and doing places you want to go. Great job though.

• LaFerrari
    Cool guide, Great job Dizzy! White haven beach looks fun!
    Like 1 Person
    • Its more secluded and relaxing but i hope to go

• FinalFantasyBro
    One of my top 2 places, France

I have been interested in traveling to France, so I can see all the cities in France. I also think it would be really fun to experience the beaches over there and I also want to go to the famous shops and see all the beautiful French women. I hope they enchant me with their amazing accent! I am hoping to get all of the latest French fashion as well. I kinda don't want to write a lot of again especially I kinda already said a lot in my other question.A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)A Dizzy Edition Travel Guide (Part 1)
    Like 1 Person
    • I meant for you to make a mytake out of it lol. But this is good too haha. I used to want to go there after the Mary Kate and Ashley Passport to Paris movie. But i changed my mind many years ago

• wouldn't have guessed the beach was so lovely though

• I heard how amazing South Of France beaches are.

• bulletbob555
    Sounds like a plan and it seems you will eat enough
    Like 1 Person
    • Hahah i will probably take one bite of everything and be too full 😂

• Guido
    I want to visit Bondi Beach and dive the Great Barrier Reef.
    Like 1 Person
    • Yes Bondi Beach for sure! Im not into scuba diving tho

• Guido

It's like being in a giant fish bowl and so many beautiful sights to see.

• Yes definitely

• bigbluey
    Oh gosh that looks awesome
    Like 1 Person
    • Yessss you should go once the pandemic dies down 🙌

• bigbluey

Putting it on my bucket list

• bigbluey

Do you keep changing your photo on your profile?

• CaptainLegal
    All those food pics made me hungry 😂
    Like 1 Person
    • I know i was hoping to 🤣 im going there just because their food is bigger than americas

• emperor90
    Very nice good recomendations
    Like 1 Person