Last Week Tonight - John Oliver, The Modern Messenger

LittleSally

In a world that perpetuates fake news, fabricates scandals, massacres and faux inter-country friendships, John Oliver is the guide to those who do their research, don't take what they hear for granted and are genuinely pleased to hear some actual truth on their TV or Youtube...

John Oliver is the modern messenger who's not only NOT afraid to speak his mind, but also not afraid to be sarcastic or even brutally honest when it comes to even the most powerful people of the world.

This week he talked about Putin - how he deceives and steals from his own people, how Trump is his friend (or so Trump thinks), how some world forces are so much more cunning than others...and how people can't do a lot about it, but stand and watch apparently...

It's interesting to see his thoughts (and his writer's thoughts too) said aloud and have them received with such delight, pleasure, happiness of the truth and actual respect.

It's rare ... and it's beautiful. Contrary to what politicians believe - the truth will set you free. Hopefully you're ready for it.

5
2

Most Helpful Guys

• FallOutBoy2001
    He makes me laugh, even when I'm at my lowest, but he also fires me up.

I had to research psychologists today, which trying to write an assignment that was due tonight and failing. I played him in the background, and he made me laugh multiple time, and kept me smiling. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you realize that normally I'd be beyond frustruated, and wouldn't have even researched the psychologists.

I got the paper done, and found two potentially good psychologists. That was a really daunting task for me and he got me through it, while giving me food for thought about Putin
    Is this still revelant?
  • Blitzkrieger
    he's biased towards liberalism. He dares not to speak against the liberal establishment or what goes outside of the sphere of political correctness.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

23
  • jacquesvol
  • Phoenix98
    Lol it's so funny that don't see what's right in front of you, seriously *shakes head*
  • goaded
    I love John Oliver; great show, he nails it every time.
  • yourmom89
    thats right, conservatives, stop listening to fox, and for those extremists, breitbart. this guy, is real
  • Valkyrie1
    I love John Oliver he's smart and hilarious.