A woman in a communal pool swimsuit shamed into leaving

LittleSally

...Why?

Because she would 'Excite teenage boys'.

Mothers and fathers complained - even though it's a community pool for which she and her fiance also pay - the upkeep every month... The main complaint was that it looked like a thing - even though it wasn't a thong.

Wearing a normal swimsuit is too provocative now? If she wore a bikini would that have been better?

Would it have been better if she was dressed in this:

How is this - today's standard bikini - less revealing than a one piece that has more of a pull on the sides?

Would they do this to a man dressed normally for swimming?

Never.

Because teenage girls can control themselves? Or because parents of teenage girls actually know what a normal swimsuit looks like?

See...sexism is still alive and well - in this case in Tennessee.

For more information see:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3869599/distraught-woman-told-to-leave-communal-pool-because-her-swimsuit-might-excite-teenage-boys-then-is-ordered-to-pose-for-photos-to-see-the-problem/

48
15

Most Helpful Girl

• goddess87
    I actually live in Knoxville and that girl lives in Seymour. It's a tiny embarrassing town close to Dollywood and outside of Knoxville. Those apartments she lives in are in a very trashy overly christian redneck area. I would totally expect that behavior from there. Everyone there is full of drama and gossip. It had nothing to do with her swimsuit and probably had more to do with jealousy. If you are an outsider they automatically try and bring you down. It's so weird bc Knoxville is so much different and then you have that embarrassment of a residential area.
    Is this still revelant?
    • goddess87

And you must understand. Most people in seymour are very unattractive and gross so if you are skinny, wear make up etc. you will receive jealous hate.

• goddess87

I guess this sounded harsh, but it's true

Most Helpful Guy

• BoobMan
    LMFAO! That's a pretty ridiculously low bar to say someone has to leave! If "might excite teenage boys" is sufficient to bar someone from the pool, then you can pretty much also rule out any fully clothed hot girl! lol!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1447
  • Kuraj
    "Would they do this to a man dressed normally for swimming?
    Never."

While I agree that the issue is ridiculous, please don't bullshit with your sexist whining complaints at least.
    They ban male speedos and swimming briefs all the fucking time.
    Women are totally welcome to wear "normal swimsuits" that cover them all the way to their knees too.
    • Is this equivalent to a speedo?
      And no, they never banned speedos not briefs... at least not in any normal countries I've ever been to... by the way, you should watch your language... Because it's foul and disrespectful.

• Kuraj have a bit more compassion it's not a case of us vs women.
      The bible freaks publicly shamed this woman for wearing a by normal standards fairly conservative swimming costume basicly saying it was "to revealing" and had her in tears that's not ok.

• Chief16
    How does this have anything to do with sexism? Wasn't it the parents who complained? Was any other woman barred? No. While she did nothing wrong, it was the consultant's fault for not letting her in. But rape culture and sexism? Lol, no wonder no one takes feminists seriously. Parents vs emasculating women? Who do you think the community takes more seriously?
    • Caaarl

I'm honestly sure if people saw a man who's sexually arousing all the teenage girls in the pool to where they were getting wet they'd be asked to leave too.
      I think it's more of a disturbance for the patrons if it's guys because you know boners and all.

• goaded

"But rape culture and sexism?"

Yes. It's perpetuating the whole idea that men can't control themselves and its the woman's job to dress "modestly". What's next, Burqas?

Maybe those parents should educate their children not to be as shitty people as they are.

• Chief16

@Caaarl besides why would any guy boycott a chick who wants to wear a bikini to the pool?

• Markm3212
    i see nothing wrong with what she was wearing. i went to the local swimming pool with my little boy at the weekend and saw a LOT worse there. its funny as i was actually telling work mates this morning about it and then saw this post. but to be asked to be pictured thats a law suit on its way if its true
  • martyfellow
    If yu could show us this woman, we could reach our own conclusions. It would depend on how good she looked, not just the size of the swimsuit. No one is going to ask the women in the pictures here to leave, I'm fairly sure...

I was asked to leave a pool as a teenager back when we wore speedos. They said it was too small, too tight... I'm not sure this was 'sexist.'

Probably more REPRESSIVE, I would say, especially in the South.
    • Oh, I misunderstood.. this is REALLY HER that you posted, not an example of a suit.
      Wow, they really overreacted. Sure it show her behind a lot, but it's not at all extreme or exceptional.

But there are really prudish people in the South, and to some extent elsewhere. AS I said, I was asked to leave a pool also because my suit didn't cover enough.

• vishna
    Apparently teen boys can't control themselves around a woman's bare shoulder (a rule at my hs)... people have way too much time on their hands :/
    rlv.zcache.be/...22b84b469f98e3cee82_znp7n_324.jpg
  • HazellaHaze
    Is that the swimsuit in question? I don't understand the problem. It's an average, 1 piece swimsuit. Shouldn't punish her because she *may* excite some boys. They can control themselves. If they can't control themselves - then *they* should be asked to leave.
  • Doglover666
    It's not sexism if women are the ones complaining about her swimsuit that's internalised mysogny and basic female bitchiness. I suspect few if any fathers were complaining, I know what some father's would have been thinking and it wasn't about how inappropriate her swim wear was.
    It's a funny situation because badly fitting swimsuits can often ride up the butts of larger women, maybe this was the case.
  • jen_phils
    I read this article as well. If you check her Facebook post you can see more pictures. I think the bathing suit was cut a little small for her butt and her butt checks were showing. Really not a big deal and no reason for this to happen to her, but I think that's what the problem was.
  • CheckPlease
    Every one shoves thier world views on others. My close female freind was shamed at a church camp. A few years latter she married her husband she met there and is not a huge part of the church. She showed them that is does not matter what you wear to the pool. It is who you are on the inside.
  • NormaTavish
    The swimsuit looks fine to me and I don't understand why she was asked to leave their is perhaps more to the story than is being reported. I've been to the public swimming pool wearing similar and in white and I've also been wearing a bikini and never had a problem..
  • Red_Arrow
    Really was not sure what to believe. Supposedly this happened at an apartment complex in the US, but a tabloid in the UK is where this story appeared. And the pool is a part of the apartment complex but costs an extra $300 a month to use?

If the "facts" are actually true, there is plenty of grounds for a lawsuit, since (supposedly) they paid for the use of the pool and did nothing wrong.

In any case, I would be moving out of that apartment.
  • Shaft50
    I don't see anything wrong with her swimsuit, or her body. Teenage boys will get excited if she was to wear a tshirt over her swimsuit... it's a modest swimsuit, not too revealing... I wonder if there was an instruction issued and signposted saying that revealing swimsuits should not be worn. I also am curious about the basis for the complaint from management... is it cultural, or even religious?
  • Alej27
    It's normal nothing outrageous. Sounds like they need to get sewed to provoke a precedence and avoid this type of events to happen. Poor her she must have felt awful
  • sedrftvgyhujik
    How is that a thong?
    You deserve to be able to wear a swimsuit in a public place without getting kicked out let alown shamed for it this is why the American south has such a bad reputation and honestly i know guys often say the west doesn't need feminism but i think honestly with this and the planned parenthood criminals I honestly think the American south really still dose.
    • Really you should be able to where a actual thong in a public place without getting kicked out.

• legalboxers
    people are asshurt, its a human nature to see a woman in a bathing suit in the summer. Its how it is, no matter how hard you want to change it, no matter how many bills, or executive orders you write, or how many protests you hold, nothing will change it. If you dont like how she looks, then YOU CAN LEAVE. No one is forcing you to stay or look at her.
  • kickme
    she did not look improper at all, these people must be a combination of puritans+ISIS.

On the other had, she hasn't been shamed, raped, violated, etc. There's no sexism here and nothing to cry about. Just some prudes. go put some shorts on and be glad you don't actually have something to cry about. You don't need 15 minutes of fame. Now you can cry because you made an idiot of yourself in front of everyone.
  • Scarecrow13
    I remember another story from a few years ago. I pool or water park can make their own rules regarding dress, but they should be clear and consistent.
    www.nydailynews.com/.../ggrrgr-article-1.1396929
  • imhungry2234
    It really goes both ways sally. In that state there are large communities with Amish communities so they tend to have different morals. In texas, they actually banned males from going to the alamo movie theater and made fun of them when they caught offense to it. I noticed these problems happen in the southern and mid western states. These things dont happen in big cities
  • jane3224
    Teenage boys will get excited at the sight of a girl in any type of swimsuit. Any way when your at school going age the boys are always lifting up girls skirts to check them out anyway With all the sex scenes you see in modern day movies compared to yeas ago.
    I recon who ever that person was who said that should be ashamed of themselves. Some people claim to have this high moral standing and yet they are the worse hypocrites around themselves.
  • AlwaysBelieving
    Wow, what is this world coming to.

Sun times? really? isn't that like a tabloid or something in the UK?
  • Warmapplecrumble
    I got told of for laughing and hugging my boyfriend in a Jacuzzi on my birthday.

The woman said it was too sexual. ._.
  • saltburnmedal
    Its the parents fault. Nothing is forcing the parents to take their kids to the community swimming pool.
  • pervertedjester
    As a former teenage boy, a gust of wind could've excited me. If anything it would've caused a few guys to stay in the pool a bit longer.
  • 1truekhaleesi
    Poor girl. I bet that was embarrassing. That looks like a standard one piece bathing suit.
  • ThatDudeWitt
    We used to live in a condominium community and my girlfriend got a complaint about her bikini. She went and bought a one piece with a little skirt around the hips. The next time we went to the pool her sister was with us and had a two piece. Her sister is a little heavier/not as attractive. The same woman that complained about my girlfriend's bikini didn't say a word about her sister. I think a lot of times it is jealousy with women. But regardless, my girlfriend still wears her new suit because its just easier that way. Sorry you were shamed. That sucks.
  • Belgie
    Or to put it another way, people like this scream about oppression when none exists.

"Ms. Jenkins was never asked to leave the pool. In addition, our leasing agent did not state that Ms. Jenkins swimwear would ‘excite teenage boys.’"

"Ms. Jenkins and Mr. Newman are valued members of our community. However, we feel it is inappropriate to equate requesting Ms. Jenkins to cover up with sexual harassment or ‘rape culture.’ Smoky Crossing denounces harassment in all forms.”

In addition to the lies spread by these two idiots, who only had to wave a flag for the screaming feminazi's to appear shouting rape culture, it appears they've pulled this sort of scam before. Classic bait and switch with the bathing costume, because it's not the same one that she wore in the instagram pics she posted where it actually does ride up her butt cheeks like a thong.

Fact checking people : the news media doesn't do it, so you have to.
  • Carliegh13
    Trust me boys get excited if you so much as look at them lol x
  • ilovepanties
    not saying i agree... buuut i totally think that one piece is waay sexier then the bikini lol
    • I find that fascinating, actually. Can I ask why>?

• @HazellaHaze well just the way its cut its high in the legs and low up top and its pink it just looks like more of a body suit then a bathing suit too me and just looks hot

• Cool, thanks for the reply. I think that's way cool, by the way...

• Anticipation
    Nice lovely one piece swimming suit. like that suit way better than the bikini. Though the bikini reveals more skin, that one piece is sexier. But I have always thought one piece bathing suits on a woman is sexy.

When you say communal pool, you probably mean a pool that is gated paid for by an exclusive community, with dress codes or rules,, right?

I think that suit clings to your intimate lovely body (including your breasts' and intimate gate even though the bikini exposes more)

If that photo above is you, then are really hot, with a hot body,, It seems to me, that the ones that banned that suit needed to take a little extra time,,

Maybe that suit had a "malfunction" and your breasts popped out or when you were sun bathing, the suit malfunctioned and your labia was partially exposed. But I have seen malfunctions with bikinis as well.

• TadCurious
    I agree with you that that is absolutely ridiculous.
  • YHL6965
    This has nothing to do with sexism... It only has to do with human stupidity, with people not busy enough with actual work to criticize others over nothing.
    • cipher42

It has everything to do with sexism. Men are rarely held to such strict dress codes as women, largely because women are expected to be more modest than men because they are seen as more inherently sexual. That's sexism, clear and simple.

• YHL6965

@cipher42 I quote "Mothers and fathers complained". So, if women complained, I don't think exism is the real cause of this. As I said, I think it has more to do with human stupidity than "sexism". You know, if I go to a pool with this static1.1.sqspcdn.com/.../mankini.jpg , I don't think people will tell me "It's ok because you're a man. We would have expelled you if you were a woman".

• cipher42

Both genders are capable of being sexist? And are you really gonna tell me that that example you gave is anywhere near as revealing as the actual swimsuit in question?

• RegularTK421
    Sounds like a fake news story. Its British tabloid. People wear swimsuits all over the US.
  • xBreezy
    Yeah.. no way a body like that is going to excite me.
    • What is wrong with it?

• RedVulcan

that's kinda a dick response.

• xBreezy

@RedVulcan So be it
      This world isn't a fairy tale

• Ridiculous, people should dress for themselves. Hopefully she sues the F out of them.
  • Maik567
    Never."

Based on what? How do you make claims like that without any support to back them up and then try to act as if they were real arguments?

I'm absolutely positive that if a guy wore a speedo to a communal pool with a lot of children/teenagers there and his bulge was clearly showing through there would equally be angry parents.

This isn't about sexism, it's about conservative vs. progressive views when it comes to what it is ok to wear/show.
  • Phoenix98
    While I agree that it was stupid she was asked to leave the pool because everything excites teenage boys.

I do not agree that it is sexism, if it was then why limit it to just one woman in the pool why not all of them? Sexism isn't reserved for single individuals it refers to every female not just pick and choose ones.

Also this story originated in a UK tabloid not in a US paper so I highly doubt that this happened here much less in Tennessee especially if you can't find any record of it in the US news or any paper then it's probably bullshit. anyone can take a selfie and make up a news story. But of course folks like you will take any excuse you can get to shit on other people who have different views.
    • RedVulcan

This is still likely sexism, it's just possible that the woman was the only one wearing that style of swimsuit to the pool. If other women wore something like that the response would've probably been the same to them.
      Now, as to its legitimacy, OP linked to a UK tabloid for some odd reason. Do you really think that's enough to doubt its existence? Have you even bothered to look for it in US news or did you just put that out there to sound smart?

• Phoenix98

@RedVulcan Meh debatable I've seen far better cases for sexism that people still labeled as not sexist.

In this day and age of the news altering things, taking things out of context, letting personal bias get in the way of the truth, falsifying stories, and altering stories in favor of a political agenda. I don't doubt anything anymore.

And yes I Actually did, nothing came up though, of course it could have been the wording I used, that gave it the results it did, *shrugs*

Now shoo kid.

• RedVulcan

I do not shoo.
      I am curious as to how you didn't find any US results. I guess that's something to keep in mind for later if you're honest.
      Yeah, to be fair, it is debatable whether it's sexist or not. It did only allegedly happen to one woman.

• vekin
    if you have problems with women wearing that then just stay at home, this is ridiculous
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Yes, i saw this on Inside Edition , this was totally wrong for that woman to be judged I heard people complained cause of the teenage males that were swimming in that pool. Well, what about the teenage girls in their bikinis, this woman was not dressed inappropriate it was just peoples with their minds in the gutter. Yes sexism is still alive and so sad to think people are up against this and no matter what this world
    will always be full of lame people who have nothing better than to judge.
    Thanks for sharing your MyTake well appreciate it.
  • Iron_Man
    I saw her bathing suit there's nothing wrong with that that's absolutely ridiculous
  • Giacomanzo
    If this is true, this is not sexism. This is just bad parenting.
    • Belgie

One of the few people who correctly doubted it was true.

• I agree with this. Teenage boys wouldn't have been able to control themselves
    • Especially when you strap them down and force them to look!

• Kim007
    Ya. The boys start jerking off in the pool... Damn how much a person can be dumb
  • Kylesar
    What happened was that people don't like that she was in a bathing suit around teenage boys

The teenage boys WERE NOT the problem. Seriously, all the hot teenage girls in bikinis, and you expect them to get excited over her? No

So to have a scapegoat, they put the blame on the teenage boys to shave off all accountability and everyone can jump on them

It's the same thing that happens in schools, when grown ass people sexualize girls in the 5th grade then say you'll distract the other 5th grade boys with your shoulder. The boys aren't the damn problem but they're making it seem like it is to protect themselves and their career

If this is a case of sexism, it's a case of sexism against boys because it assumes that teenage boys are brain-dead horny zombies
  • RationalMale
    "then is ordered to pose for PHOTOS to see the problem"
    What country is this, that pool employees have the power of cops to order people to pose for pictures?

I also note that the gender of whoever complained is never mentioned... and they keep their description of the pool management gender free. Considering the type of article, that tells me it was probably some prissy mom complaining, then some prissy female pool management.

Because otherwise, it would have been included as proof of how sexism is such a problem.

So yes. This shows what we all know. Women love to slut shame other women in public.
  • Regular1
    Maybe people were afraid her goofy alien tattoo would scare children
  • Bitterpill
    Yeah I saw this in the newspaper earlier and thought it was ridiculous. From the pictures I saw there was nothing I would consider wrong with it
  • nickg6
    this is always having two sides

yes she should have been allowed in my eyes.

• eurochick
    Looks like a normal 1 piece.
  • madhatters4
    yeah this seems pretty lame.
  • danniec4
    Stupidity never seems to amaze me.