This is for all of you who have recently been wondering, “What the hell is going on down there?”, in the nation within the map above. The rumours you may have heard, along with many news reports, have recently portrayed the situation here as being dire and dark, without hope, describing a nation goose-stepping into totalitarianism. Those rumours, those reports, are basically correct.
When I first joined GAG the trends were already evident, our country was already becoming an embarrassment for those of us who actually adhere to civilised values of independence of thought and individual freedoms, and because of this I was simply far too embarrassed to admit that I lived in Australia, especially the state of Victoria. I selected for my nationality ‘Russian Federation’, and I did so with the expectation that no one would comment on it (but of course, they have). After a time I thought that I had better leave it as is, because I believed that too many people would ask too many awkward questions, but now I just don’t care. I changed it to ‘Australia’ at first, but now I’m a “citizen” of Antarctica, because that seems to be one of the very few places left on Earth where people can still legitimately claim to be free.
I will attempt to give a rather brief summary in point form of the situation as it currently is within this ‘MyTake’, because to do otherwise, to attempt to go into detail, would entail writing a book.
1. Freedom of speech is dead. It’s gone, it simply doesn’t exist anymore. For evidence of this fact, I present the following true story -
The link is to a video that is owned by ABC News, a source that is a state-run (yes, you saw that correctly – state run) channel that is so left-wing that it makes others like the BBC, CNN, and MSNBC seem as though they’re run by reasonable, conservative libertarians. If you’re the type of person who values truth and honesty, and you don’t accept the official narrative about the virus and openly say so on social media, you can expect “visitors” to your house who will place nice, shiny jewellery on your wrists.
2. An endless sequence of ‘lockdowns’, one after another, that serve no discernable purpose. Perhaps the purpose of all the ‘lockdowns’ (a term that, by the way, originated in our prison system) is simply to demoralise, in which case they’re working wonderfully, because it’s clear they’re having no effect in combatting the virus. I’ve actually lost count of how many we’ve now had. I think we’re in the seventh so-called lockdown, but I’m not entirely sure anymore. It’s been 245 days in total, according to this article: https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/news/melbourne-has-now-been-in-lockdown-longer-than-any-other-city-100421
which is longer than anywhere else on the planet, including Wuhan.
3. A state government in Victoria that is authoritarian, irresponsible, incompetent and arrogant beyond belief. Victoria is effectively, if not officially, a one-party state, because the so-called opposition party (the ‘Liberal Party’) is subdued, ineffective, and just as incompetent. Daniel Andrews, the premier, holds daily press conferences during which he basically berates and threatens the public for perceived indiscretions, often telling us that we “must do the right thing, and be vaccinated – or else!”
4. ‘Freedom Day’. This is the day on which the state will reopen for business, the government will hand us our freedom back with the expectation we will re-elect them into office for another term when the time comes (that’s assuming, of course, that we’ll still have elections) and things will begin to return to some semblance of normality (although not to how things were in 2019, but the ‘New Normal’). People who haven’t been vaccinated have been told that the procedure isn’t compulsory, and will not be made mandatory, but due to the new rules to be introduced on ‘Freedom Day’ will not be able to go to the shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, hotels, petrol stations, parks, government buildings, et cetera. So much for freedom then.
5. Pepper spray, batons and rubber bullets. Peaceful protesters, people who have done no wrong and simply want their lives back, are being met with an amount of force that one would expect from a regime that was afraid of its own people, an authoritarian hell-hole like China or Saudi Arabia. It’s really odd, however, how as recently as mid-2020 the police were comparatively civilised when they were confronted by demonstrators, by people who didn’t even bother to wear masks or practice “social distancing”, but perhaps that had something to do with the fact they were BLM supporters marching for a cause that had (and has) little or no relevance for Australia.
6. A mainstream media that is positively Goebbelesque in its presentation of the news. Peaceful demonstrators are openly demonised, and referred to as being “right-wing anti-vaxxers”, even though there is precisely zero evidence for either charge.
Just for the record, I’m not an “anti-vaxxer”, nor am I a “right-wing conspiracy theorist”. I actually do not believe that vaccines cause autism, but at the same time I am concerned about the manner in which this whole affair is being managed. There should be no need for bribes or threats, no need for coercion if the vaccines actually work as promised, and if the situation really is as dire as they keep telling us.
If the situation ever does return to some semblance of normality, and international travel once again opens up, do NOT come to Australia for your holidays. Go to some other place that is more welcoming (like North Korea), more peaceful (try Afghanistan) or has better beaches (like Somalia). If you come to Australia, especially Victoria, you may not be able to ever leave, and you’ll become trapped because they’ve introduced yet another ‘lockdown’.
Most Helpful Opinions
I didn't hear anything about Australia. That's messed up, but not surprising. And the irony is, you think *the US* is an absolute sh*thole filled with gun-toting retards. Yet the millions of Americans are fighting this vaccine BS. It is an assault on everyone's freedoms. And you think the people who are armed and ready to fight back against literal government oppression, are the backwoods savages. Ironic, no?
And the worst part is, we have absolute DUMBFUCKS - no other words to describe them - going along with basically neo-Communism. The ones who'll call you a "Right Wing Anti-Vaxxer conspiracy theorist" for not being as low-functioning as they are. Now you know what it's like, don't you? When the diving line moves further and further left. When they start to come for you, "... and there was no one left to speak for me" because you did not speak up. Guess you're a 'racist, sexist, Alt-right Naht-see,' too!
I also found this.
"And the irony is, you think *the US* is an absolute sh*thole filled with gun-toting retards."
Yes, but there are good reasons why I believe the Second Amendment doesn't really guarantee what most of its supporters claim, and that having easy access to guns ultimately causes more harm to society than good (ex. gun-related suicides, drive-by shootings, school shootings).
I've also been highly critical of the U. S. for other reasons as well, like the absence of a basic, universal health scheme, and for being the country that gave the world identity politics.
3:53 - "Centres for National Resilience" - Well, that sounds better than "concentration camps". Still very Orwellian. Hitler would be proud.
Honestly, I think as a woman, when it comes to Fight or Flight, your instinct is light. So of course, you wouldn't have a duty to protect your country and freedoms and not become a slave. That's why most women tend to be anti-guns. It's usually brave strong men who have to clean up these messes.
Well, have fun being a slave to Communists because you had no way to resist. Hopefully, it'll once again be up to brave, strong men doing the right thing and risking their necks on the line to save everyone from this mess. If I actually stuck around in the US, I'd have probably been doing lots of very illegal stuff by now, as well. But I'm currently over here in South Korea making a lot of money right now. I am not sure how long this will last, though.
Sky has been talking about the creeping infiltration of the Chinese Communist party into Australian politics for years. (at least, I didn't watch them before that)
But then again, it could be this guy.
(time links don't work, skip to 1:55)
Ps: Thanks for the update but please be safe Rachel!
We need you to survive. ;)
@Lost_in_the_Woods Why wouldn't I survive? If anything, it's the government that should be afraid of me, if those good-for-nothing tyrants actually know what's good for their health.
You've inspired me to do a my take on some of the things I've seen in the states... I have seen what they do to people who know too much and try to talk about it.
But you're right. They are more afraid of us than we are of them. We have to be smart, but I definitely didn't say you should do what you're told.