Do Asian People Have Curly Hair?

Random question but I was curious of there were any Asians that had naturally curly or wavy hair? I was reading a hair types chart and it said that Asians have very straight coarse hair, was wondering if they can have any other hair type too

Oh, to be more specific I was talking about East Asians

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 24

What Guys Said 15

• Selected as most helpful

My sisters and I are Korean and we have naturally, thick, sometimes frizzy, wavy hair. Ours isn't the typical pin straight, shiny Asian girl hair you see.

• I am half and I lack the straight hair (mine is wavy).

• Well my hair isn't curly. It's more wavy and to be honest, I don't really desire to have way hair. But I can't really do anything about since my straightener isn't working very well.

• Yeah, East Asians have curly hair. my mom has it. My friend from china has such kinky hair that if it grows any longer it will form a triangle.

• Yes they do, my boyfriend is Khmer & his hair is very curly

• I have curly hair, and I'm straight up Asian. :)

• No. I've never seen an Asian with curly hair. EVER

• My Korean teacher complained to our class more than once about the assumption that all Asians have straight hair, as she "has to straighten hers every morning! D:<

• I'm Asian (Khmer) and I have natural curls/waves but I envy other Asians who have natural smooth silky black hair, feel like the odd one out haha.

• Of course there are some Asians with curly and wavy hair. They're a minority in some countries (such as China or Japan), but they do exist. I think that more Southeast Asians tend to have curly or wavy hair as well.

• I'm Indian (Asian kind) and my hair is completely curly :)

• My parents are from Hong Kong but I was born and raised in Scotland. My hair is extremely straight, soft and fine - it's exactly the opposite of how I'd like it to be!

• They can.

• Yep, their pubes are growing in the wrong place. jk. But yes, I know a lot of Asians with wavy or naturally curly hair. =)

• I'm Chinese-Filipino and my hair is definitely not straight or course. It's messy wavy and I actually hate it. I have to straighten in everyday before school. Or if I decide to shower in the morning I'll put my hair in a ponytail or run hair gel and hair spray in my hair to help it stick together a little more. I put way too much effort into my hair.

• I know half Asian people with reallllyyyy curly hair but I'm not sure I know any full Asians with curly hair. I know some who have wavy hair though

• Can I answer even though I'm Southeast? [Filipino] Meh, I'll answer anyways xD

I have natural dark brown, straight hair which gets a little more wavy when it goes to the tips.

• Cambodians and Some Filipinos have wavy to curly hair...maybe even kinky (Aetas)..

Well, I am part filipino...and black..so my hair is not an expection...

My cousin is full filipino and she has "Wavy" hair..so does her brother..

• LOL, maybe I got the wrong type of asian...but um..I seen a some Koreans, Thai, and Japanese with wavy hair...not curly though.

Never seen a chinese with curly or wavy..

• My friend is cambodian. She has dark brown wavy hair. I asked her if it is natural she said yes but it takes her forever to straighten. I'm mixed with black Asian and white and I would like to point out that it is important not to generalize. My friend doesn't have slanted eyes either. In fact her eyes are the same shape as mine and they are wide

• haha I have wavy hair naturally. if I get out of the shower and brush it straight, it turns into ringlets! :P plus my hair is brown. which is weird for asians. haha

• oh and I'm full chinese, not a halfie so I wouldn't have any other race influencing my genes haha.

• Not all of us have straight hair...especially from the Indian subcontinent. I have plenty of friends who have curly hair and some of them have real bushy hair. Mine however is very straight and difficult to curl. It barely stays up with a hair tie.

• No. I'm Asian and that's not true. it's actually relaly hard to maintain curls with Asian hair because it's so fine

• Show More
  • No. While you see a lot of Asians with straight hair there are some with wavy hair. I have yet to see one with curly hair but I have seen some with wiry/nappy hair but that is very rare.

• how about I give YOU curly hair with my Dragon Fist!

• not all Asians have "coarse" hair...actually most of us have fine hair.

• No, but some of em get curry hair when they eat egg rows.

• Only on my testicles

• I believe you mean oriental and I you or any one else know every single person in east asia or of east idian decent, so question is pointless

• its not even racial never mind a slur

• apparently everyone is not aware that everyone is an individual, can't say I'm all that suprised

• FAIL

• Show Older
  • Every Asian person I have come across tends to have very straight hair. Much straighter then white people's on average, I don't think I have ever seen an Asian yet who doesn't have straight hair cosmetically or natural... not saying it doesn't exist but I haven't seen it

• some japanese men have really curly hair

• by Asians do you mean indian, chinese, korean, japanese, etc? cos lots of indian have really curly hair.

• Yes, it's unusual but not that rare. Women with curly hair are the envy of a lot of the other women because they really stand out as different and can wear a lot of different styles of earrings, hats, scarves, hair bands that don't work with straight hair, and look so pert in miniskirts!

• well it's not the end of the world if you're born with straight hair. hair can be permed(:

• nope.. my hair is TOO damn straight!

• It depends on what you're mixed with. My mom ((and every male on her side) has straight hair. My whole dads side has very curly hair, so mine is in between. It's wavy. That's what you get when you mix curly and straight.

• I don't think so or it's very rare

• I don't think there are any Asians with curly hair, not even India and middle east. They all have the same dark straight hair

• Asians are of many different types and races. I am an Asian for instance who was born with curly hair. I've tended to try to straighten it but whenever it starts growing even moderately big they become curly and gain a lot of body. Women tend to love my black non-straight hair though...

• You have insulted my honor! :P Additionally, I am Asian too and definitely amongst Asians that doesn't count as an answer. Which country do your bloodlines originate from. If you don't want to answer then tell me you don't want to answer or message me the answer. ^^

• Well, I definitely am not your mommy little girl. I'm Asian I thought that much was clear. Now I doubt you get good grades : D

• Your not my mum! :P Are you purposely dodging the question?

• Show Older