How is my ex boyfriend getting married after only knowing this girl for 4 months?

I dated a guy for over 2 years and broke up with him last year, it was for various reasons such as hardly ever seeing him. It's funny because we dated for so long and he wanted to wait to get married, we talked about it all the time but he never asked and he never put me first in the relationship. Video games were always more important, he was a nice guy just not very social, very closed in type. Recently I found out that he's getting married in 2 months after only knowing the girl for 4. He's apparently totally changed, he always puts he first, wanted to marry her only 2 weeks of dating her (it took him 6 months to tell me he loved me). He's super social now, hardly plays video games anymore, doesn't even have a computer at his place. He made my life such a living hell when I broke up with him, threatened to kill himself, and after couple of months told me that he couldn't talk to me anymore because he was still in love with me and couldn't get over me. I guess I'm just confused that if he was so in love with me how could he fall in love with someone else, completed change who he was and marry her so soon?

Thanks for the responses guys, it did help. I'm in a bit of tough spot right now with his fiancee wanting to be friends and I have no idea how to deal with it. He dislikes me and she wants to be friends with me? How does that work? I don't think it will!
Well to be honest I was excited for him when I found out he was engaged, I do want him to be happy and his soon to be wife is a really nice girl. But he flat out rude to me still and wants nothing to do with me. But still his fiance wants to be friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it happens, you be in a relationship and the other person constantly bicker about some of the things you do or do not do (you take it for granted) then they finally leave you. If you are smart you will use that time to re-evaluate your life, look at what caused the break up in the previous relationship and vow to not make the same mistake in the future. I think we all get a little better after an ending relationship we come out having learned something. NOW, why is he getting married so fast I have no idea bout all that but he did seem to get too far into a relationship status, considering he contemplated killing himself after the break up. Maybe he feels that he will finally put all that he has into this relationship because he has finally realized that he failed the last one and now he must change. Peace & Love!

P.S Sometimes, you can date someone and go thru hell trying to make them better and all we have done in the end is made them better... for someone*t happens!

• Please Help!

I also dated a guy for about 6 months in college, but we both didn't really for a serious relationship a the time. When we graduated we both went out way. we kept contact for about 6 months. After a while we lost contact with each other. He met another girl got