Guys, How often do guys who do the dumping regret it and come back?

My guy dumped me suddenly a little over a week ago. No real reason , but i think its for space and to think. How often do guys regret their decision to break up and come back?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've only been in a couple of serious relationships. Both times I was dumped. But I would say it depends on why he dumped you. If there was no real reason like you say, than I would think the chances are better. But if he left for someone else, probably not. I've often wondered if guys or girls are more likely to regret it and come back, or if it's about the same.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 21

• Not very often - and in my experience, mostly when that guy is a mess emotionally (either temporarily because of some big event, or because he's ALWAYS been an emotional mess). Most of the time, guys are far more logical, even about "emotional" things like their relationships, and so if they break up, they usually have a reason.

Yes, of course there are exceptions - we all know a few - but if I think about all of the guy's I've known, it's pretty rare that they regret ending a relationship.

NOTE: the reason a guy ends his relationship is usually logical, but that DOESN'T mean it's always about the girl - sometimes it's just about the SITUATION he or they are in. Sometimes he simply doesn't have the time or energy to devote to the relationship (and women need LOTS of time and attention in a relationship to be happy - a lot more than men need, generally), and sometimes a guy will end it for that reason because he doesn't want to constantly disappoint her or make her upset, but also can't give her what she needs and he knows it.

• "My guy dumped me suddenly a little over a week ago. " I'm sorry to hear about that. I really am.
    "How often do guys regret their decision to break up and come back?"
    I believe often enough. I don't dump anyone nor do I plan to ever do that so I can't say myself. But if you were good to him he'll most likely feel the contrast of being alone and come back. I'd still advise to get cold to him tho. If he's not reliable he's not worthy of you. That means in my opinion, unless you're like him (unreliable and dumping suddlenly without reason), you deserve better than that sort of guy. Still, he might wise up and change. But for this to happen, IMHO, a "cold shower" is necessary to teach him the error of his ways. Because that is not ok. It absolutely isn't.

• Don't wait on someone who clearly doesn't appreciate you enough to stay with you to come back because of regret.
    Be might regret it, but you need to find someone who will appreciate you, and treat you like a man should treat a woman. This means not dumping you and grovelling at your feet to get back together because of a choice he made.
    Don't be used. Find somebody who's worth your time. This guy clearly isn't.

• How long were you together?

• 2 years.

• he's not seeing anyone new. His friends say he's incredibly depressed. And that he's not himself. A few weeks ago he told me he bottles up emotions because he doesn't want to talk about things... he said its been a life long struggle of his. We hadthis convo before he broke it off. I told him he can talk to me. Im always here etc. But when we got in a fight , we resolved it and even talked future plans. He told me he loved me, then 5 hrs laterhe dumped me. Haven't talked since.
      His friends say he's not himself, he puts on a happy face for his son (who doesn't know what's going on i dont think). I dont get what happened. It was so rash and sudden. All because ww had a fight about moving in together... we decided that instead id just move closer to him. He loved thar idea. Even offered to help with my deposit a bit.
      Im at a loss...😔

• Oh and just the day before all this or even rather than that yhe whole weekend... we had both the kids with us, carved pumpkins, went to haunted houses etc. It was like a family thing... he was all smiles and the pix of allof us together youd never tbink he did this or even thoght about it.

• In my experience I regret it often, whether I do the dump or not. I'm a master at self guilt trip. But I've only ever gone back twice in pssh many years that I've been actively dating. Althought, that's more because I don't have the nerve to say "Haaay, I still think about you at niiight..." rather than just not caring. I'm a mess xD

• He likely dumped you because he had been stringing you along and suddenly he couldn't keep on keeping on. Either that or he met someone else. You need to move on, he wasn't that into you. He may regret his actions later, but he won't regret the break-up. He'll regret not being honest with you, and not breaking up sooner.

• If she changes, yes, if not or never updated of any changes, no.

• In 44 years, it's happened once. I didn't go back, though. It wasn't that I couldn't, I just felt so bad I wouldn't.

• its like white water rafting... i cut that fucking rope u gone. never see that other raft ever again. peace BITCH! now if i get dumped i might want to see u for a while but in time i will get over it and accept it that u just hate me for some odd reason i probably will never understand anyway.

• He definitely had a reason, and it wasn't to get space. He found out something about you that was a deal-breaker for him. You might never know what it was, but he definitely had a reason. Maybe he found out your secret.

• Never done that.

• never ever ever ever never ever has happen probably in the history of humanity, unless the man dumps the girl, leaves, and utterly fails and he goes back like a coward.

• I doubt it happens. Dudes rarely regret it.

• Only when the girl gets breast implants or works out to become really hot. That's when we regret it.

• I regretted dumping my former girlfriend in college.

• How long have you been together?

• 2 years. Otherwise good relationship, had a fight and he ended it. We never fight either. Haven't heard from him since oct 23.

• Him coming back totally depends on the situation in which you broke up. If you are sure you were not in the wrong then he might come back eventually.

• Lol i never came back.

• 0% for me so far.

• Never, you dump the ones you don't want anymore.

• Anyone I've dumped, once I have some perspective, I wish I'd dumped way sooner.

• We don't.

Guys put up with a LOT of crap to try and make something work, so if we dump you, it was for a reason.

• exactly, my girlfriend dumped me a couple weeks ago and looking back I keep thinking shit I should have dumped her a looooooong time ago, but instead I put up with so much of her crap because I really loved her.