Get her back by ignoring her?

Okay, I recently kind of messed up with a girl I really liked because I came on too strong and kind of cared too much at first, I kind of smothered her a bit so she pulled out the world famous "let's be friends" card, lol. After she told me that I'm not gunna lie I was hurt, so with my paranoia and pessimistic attitude I felt like all hope was lost with her, we still talk but there's a weirdness between us I can feel, like an awkward wall, lol. My friend told me that just because she turned me down once doesn't mean anything, he said that's all part of the game, all a part of the chase. So my friend told me that if I want her back I should ignore her, not to completely block her out but to not care as much, to dodge her a little and make her chase me. So this leads me to my question because I've heard people say ignoring the girl works, they swear by it, but why does it work? Does it create some sense of mystery or something? How do I get her back? Does ignoring her a little and not caring as much really work?

Most Helpful Girl

• It works. No doubt.

My way of getting more interested when first obviously liked and then suddenly not interesting at all, is that it leaves questions (I'm the philosopher, can't get enough to wonder about). Nobody can just change their feelings about someone! In my opinion it is a process and takes longer time than a day or a week when it means something.

All my girlfriends who plays "the game" knows about this rule and still falls for it. My best friend is the queen of the game and mostly gets the guys she want, but when they use this "ignoring-rule" she misses them more than you can imagine even if she did not have any interest in them at all, that'll say they were an experiment. She lost her slaves that adores her. But that is just her way of getting a compliment: a boy adores her. Preferably at least two years older.

As to short things up; try it! If it doesn't work than I'm sorry to say she isn't the one for you.

Hate me... but think logically.