Woman are not the same as men!

Woman are not the same as men!!!

WOW! I may have caught the attention of some feminists with that title, who will begin to feel an irritation bubble up in their chest at such a sexist statement. But hear me out, because I don't believe women are the same as men; rather I believe women and men are completely and wonderfully different- and completely and wonderfully equal!

Feminists in the past had a really strong reason to stand up for women's rights- we weren't allowed to go to school, we couldn't get jobs blah blah etc etc, the list went on. And luckily for us, the suffragettes did a marvellous and courageous job at unlocking an equal life for us women. Nowadays, women and men (in most countries of the world, in some Middle East countries there is still a strong discrimmination against women but they have their own religious beliefs so I won't go into that..), have equal rights- women can apply for the same jobs as men, and can go to school, and also be able to speak their own mind- that's right! We can say what we thinks!- which is far more than we could do 70 or so years ago.

But let's think about the difference of genetic structure between women and men; men are naturally more athletic, stronger, faster, bigger, taller than women (on average) because they were the hunters. Whereas women are generally more compassionate and general people people due to the motherly instinct that has evolved within us (again, I realise that there are some women who have less of that than others). So generally, men and women will be naturally better at different jobs- but as equally important! Obviously, this doesn't mean go say that mean should only get the more labourous jobs and women the more social jobs, because nowadays jobs require so many different skills- also that humans have evolved so much that they can learn to pretty much conquer the world if they want to- which gives men and women an equal chance to get jobs.

My point is, men and women are not the same, but they are both as equal and important as each other. So I think (in an idiolistic manner) that feminism should celebrate these differences! Yes we are women, and yes we have the ability to grow a wonderful life within us, and yes a lot of us may try on 12 different outits before going out, and yes we have a few days of the month where we may be a little emotional and sore, but we sure as hell can be strong and determined and passionate about something we strive for!

We shouldn't try and merge men and women together, we should stay fabulous in our own way, and respect the other sex as we would wish ourselves to be respected!

NB. I understand that even though women have more equal rights now, that there is still sexism present in this world, and so I totally support all the non-aggressive and pragmatic feminist groups that merely wish to allow us the that right, rather than prove that women are better than men at it. I also understand that this is a much more complicated and controversial manner with many different opinions on it (which I would love to hear by the way), I wrote this from and idealistic point of view, which is how I wish the world worked but I get that the world rarely works as we think it should!

If anyone disagrees or has a different view, please let me know your opinion! I am really interested in what people have to say on my point of view (of feminism as it is and of what I think femmism should be)!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 24

• Of course, woman are not the same as men: their body and -more important- their education are very different. Society keeps them in a different position.

• Obviously they are not the same, males have penises and females have vaginas. Sex ed from age 12. Everyone knows that. In fact, everyone probably knew that by sex ed too.

But the best thing about merging the two genders is that that way all sexism is erased, as no one is expected to fit into a specific type of box (women have to be motherly and men have to be physically strong blah blah blah) - people would be able to be "fabulous in their own way"! And not just "as men" or "as women".

• Instead will have a new type of prejudice, the people who don't want to be a certain way, the people who adhere to what they feel are traditional roles. Your just trading one problem for another. This can be seen on this site, if you bother to look at comments on topics of such a nature as this one.

• well, figure out the better option BEFORE you make the change at least

• @dartmaul15 What, you actually think that women thinking they need makeup and high heels to be happy and confident with themselves is a positive thing?

• This is a nice take :-)

• Of course we're different. I don't shop uncontrollably, I can drive a car for 20 seconds without hitting something and if I bleed for 7 days I die.

• GOOD ONE, NOW DAYS THEY ARE NOT FEMINISTS THEY ARE FEMINAZIS.

• TL;DR

Take on Feminists / anti-Feminist #101

• Great take. Feminists are morons.

• Not all are morons, but some are definitely overdoing it

• Awesome post!

• Nice take, i liked it. Wish there were more like you, thanks

• so basially you're claiming men and women are like the symbols for yin and yang?

Equally large/important, different in shape, and only together can they form a whole sircle and complete eachother?

• Exactly my point! I was thinking of it but I forgot the name for it!!

• I agree completely. Also the different hormonal levels of estrogen and testosterone also impact people's behaviors differently as well, making us even more different.

But try telling that to all those college professors who are assigning their students to write gender-neutral papers by eliminating words like: his, her, he, she, man, woman, boy, girl, etc... SMH

• It's like they are trying to Pretend we are not different! I also read that in Germany or something they were going to pass a law saying you can't refer to your parents as mom or dad... It' should be parent 1 and parent 2

• Actually women where allowed to go to school, women did work (we actually have documents that show even in the 1400s there where female blacksmiths). The suffregettes actually hampered womens rights rather then helped (what with random acts of arson and destruction of property) it was the suffragests who got every body the right to vote (that includes the right to vote for men, something feminist don't like talking about). Women always spoke there own minds, if you look at history you'll notice there are actually quite a lot of women who did, from the oracle of delphi (female), and sappho (female poet) to Catherine the great, cleopatra, hatshepsut, Queen elizabeth/Queen mary, and Catherine demetacie (all rulers of kingdoms and countries). You also have Madame curie and Mary shelly. Their where issues to be sure, but they whent both ways (for instance the white feather girls who whent around giving men the white feather of cowardice during WW! in england in an attempt to shame them into combat, somehting they themselves would never do) It also dealt more with peoples perception of other people rather then what society itself believed (everyone believes they are far more open minded then everyone else) ie the reason why mary shelly and madam curie where not recognized was not because society didn't believe that women couldn't do these things but rather the intelligencia of the time believed that society couldn't handle it. Which is entirely different then society itself rejecting women. In short claiming feminism was needed historicly is due to the fact that your only knowledge of history comes from the feminst filtered information of history ie the history that they tell, not the history that was. Otherwise, yes men and women are different and we gravitate towards different things and we should except this since biologicly speaking we are so vastly different (the difference, geneticly speaking, of a man to a woman is the same as a human to a chimpanzee). I am not attempting to disparrage you in any fashion, merely pointing out certain issues with societies collective thoughts on gender (much as you are attempting to do with this take).

• Attempting to reason with feminists is attempting to reason with the unreasonable, so this whole exercise is somewhat futile. Mostly, you're preaching to the choir.

Yes, men and women are and by rights equal. Do feminists believe that? No, they believe women are victims, victims of patriarchy and, well, patriarchy. In their view, men never suffer, we only inflict suffering; men never have problems, except those they bring on themselves; and men are all oppressors, never the oppressed. They really believe this, even though men and boys suffer from numerous issues specific to our gender, they take it as gospel truth. Anyone who believes this is beyond reason.

• Careful, you're making sense, and feminists aren't going to stand for that.

• Feminism says that gender is a social construct. That's wrong.

• What do you mean by social construct?

• I see, and yeah I agree

• No two people are born with the same brain, and even if they are; neuroplasticity due to different stimuli would cause it to differ after some time.

• Hmm... I don't know if women were the same as men... then I would be gay. Sorry, but no thanks. I like women as women, with curves and all that in the right places.

Equality doesn't mean the same. Men and women reacts differently to different situations. For example, wikipedia is open to everyone but most of the people working on it are men (yes, including feminine products like bras). There is some hypothesis saying that because women don't like confrontation. Therefore striking out the work of someone else to impose your own in an article is not very women friendly.

On the other hand, 75% of all thunder strikes hit men. I guess god is a man. He has a bias towards women when he does his daily dose of smiting.

• All feminists are not same ( you know it already) but the thing that surprises me that some of them are contradictory to their own norms and policies.
    For instance, a woman was holding a paper with a sexist perhaps hate remark " men are sexist pigs" on an anti - sexual assault movement. The same women gets furious if someone calls her brother or dad so.
    Feminists are confused.

• In her eyes probably her dad or brother aren't sexist (and her view may of course be biased) which is why she will get furious at such a remark

• Exactly. I think this endless push for everything to be 50/50 between the sexes is ridiculous, and in some ways dangerous.

I think feminists do have some genuine arguments, however they also have plenty of flawed ones which is why I don't support their cause - I don't have to label myself a feminist to support the genuine causes. Plenty of feminists will tell you that "not all feminists are like that" and that people only take notice of "extremists" but the "good" feminists are usually normal people, while the ones who have actual power and influence are usually what these moderates would consider "extreme".

For example in the military, the fire service and the police, to get more women into these jobs they were forced to lower the physical standards for women. These are jobs where lives are at stake. Surely equality should mean both men and women being held to the same standards, and surely lowering the standards is a contradiction anyway since women are supposed to be just as physically capable as men?

Another example is domestic violence. In the UK, the last I checked there were 4000 domestic violence for women and 25 men. UK feminists who run these shelters become hostile when anybody suggests that there should be more help for men. Studies show that over here 40% of DV victims are men. Feminists usually dispute those figures (as with anything that might contradict their agenda) and say that it's more like 2-10%. Only 1% of 4000 is 400, we have 25. And they still get angry at the suggestion. One of the main justifications for this is that men are bigger and stronger and do more damage. But these same. feminists think we should allow more women into the military and the police and the fire service because to suggest that women are less physically capable is sexist. Ask a "moderate" feminist.

• Exactly- the extreme femminists are being hypocritical, since they are sexist towards men! And I agree with what you said about the lowering standards is not really equality- because it proves that the world understand that women are physically on average weaker than men.

• I believe women should have equal rights, ie employment and simply human rights, right down the middle, but to be equal is wrong, and for one reason, men should protect women from harm, and this does not have to mean in a violent orientation, but in general, because its what we are good at and without sounding like a feminist or anti feminist, there's no reason why all men can be side by side with women, but if women were in harms way, then we should "men" choose to be in front of them by instinct, x

• Being equal as in being respected in the same way, and allowed the same opportunities. If you then want to stick to more traditional roles then it's a choice a woman and man can take

• Women and men are indeed not the same. That's the problem with feminists, they want to be like men yet also be exalted above us at the same time yet ALSO be women! Feminists are insane.

• Yes I agree, some (but not all) femminists want to prove that they are better at men at everything, which is simply not true. We are all good at our own things, and have the ability to learn the others

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 14

• I was like "oh no you didn't" then I saw "we are equal" and that's perfect

• I agree with you! we not less just because we admit we not equal to men I wish some feminists learn that.

• Awesome take. I completely agree.
    I never jumped on the feminism train and don't plan to either. I feel no reason to, everything is fine how it is. The one thing I am against though is the wage gap (if it actually exists), other than that I'm cool with things how they are. Honestly, some feminists are so crazy they even scare me :S

• Thank you!:) Because I've come across some femminists who are sexist towards men saying 'men are pigs and idiots blah blah'.. That's not gender equality is it😂 But I think they are exceptions and mostly they are the nicer ones😂

• Everything is fine as it is? You must want the guys on this site to like you...

Maybe certain feminists take it too far, but to say that everything is fine when you have companies refusing to pay for birth control, kangaroo courts dismissing high school and college boys raping female students, and the pay gap which you've mentioned. Don't be scared of them. Think of the women you're letting down by saying everything is fine how it is.

• @pavlove They don't pay for birth control for men either. Why would they? Is your sex life the governments concern? Dismissal of rape? When did this happen? The UV rape case was evidence of the overly trusting nature of our society when a woman cries rape. Young men had there lives ruined by a false accusation and when all evidence showed it was a lie society as a whole, and feminist in particular, said that we should still believe the accuser regardless of evidence. Perhaps you need to take a closer look at things. The same occured with the duke lacross players incident as well. As for dismissal of rape, the only rape that is dismissed is female on male: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
      The pay gap has never existed, it has been debunked again and again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYXn1e2PHg
      www.forbes.com/.../...p-cx_wf_0512earningmore.html
      Meanwhile feminist have been responsible for every division between the genders and descrimination against men since the begining.

• I get really happy the day when we quit bashing people for being feminists,
    misogynistic and white knights.

Just because some people get crazy with freedom doesn't mean that everyone have, why not treat the opposite gender with respect anyway?

People throw around those words so easily they almost doesn't mean anything anymore.

If i say '' I think women are fantastic''= feminist
    If i say '' I think men are fantastic''=misogynistic

People really should stop throwing those words around.

• I completely agree with you. Good take

• I am a feminist and i agree completely.

• Yes. Different but equal. Feminists like to emphasise disproportionate pieces of a puzzle, when we're quite simply two halves of a whole.

• I agree, I feel like the fight for feminism is more so to stop crippling women's opportunities in life due to our being female. For example, I have been in male dominated work/school envirionments as is my field of study and I'm attractive (enough) and sort of vivacious I guess, but this has lead to me being targeted or even harassed by a male in it. And then the source of jealousy from other females... Like if a guy tells you he made out with a girl and still likes her, please think she turned him down for a reason and how forward he was with sex with you before you target her and bad mouth her to other potential project partners. Especially if she is staying away from him and avoiding him. I hope no one is ever in my situation but yeah i agree, you just have to realize that men get away with harassing women in work environments or school often

• Where did you copy and paste this from?

• My brain:) but I couldn't really copy and paste- would have been so much easier if I could!😤

• I like the way youhink. There are a few things that could do with a little fixing here and there but in the end it's usually okay. Nowadays we are generally okay. I'm an egalitarian and honestly what you're saying seems perfectly reasonable.

• well i do not know too much about feminism especially modern feminism aside from things i have read on the internet lol and i have read things on the internet from certain parts of the world where women try to highlight catcalling, slutshaming etc and the different things women go through that men dont. For there to be true equality there needs to be understanding among the sexes, i always used to consider myself a feminist and say it is much easier to be a man, but as i have gotten older i realise it isn't easy to be human. period. Women are not the same as men cause they dont have the struggles we do and we dont have the struggles they do. But feminism has its place in making people aware, men and women. Many women like to cast aside feminism, but those highlighted catcalling etc have opened up my eyes, and i come from a place where such things are pretty much allowed, accepted and encouraged even tho so many women hate it. and catcalling is one of the minor issues women face. In addition we as women need to understand that men as well do face struggles. (Sorry my comment is so all over the place :P)

• im against merging as well I say if people are different let them be different.

that includes women to women and men to men. for some reason when people want to embrace differences between women and men they put a vice on differences between members of the same sex.

Women and men ARE different women and women are different men and men are different. people are different and insisting upon female male differences in no way does away with human to human differences.

there's no such thing as 'women' behavior and men behavior. everyone has different inclinations and abilities when given the freedom nutrition and support to discover them.

as long as women assn. men being 'different' men's women and women and men and men are all the same no one will discover anything. this fake celebration of 'natural differences' is just a veiled attempt at controlling peoples behavior through reward and isolation - based on their sex.

yes people ARE different so let them be different. everyone should stop writing articles ostensibly in defense of difference, that are in fact just dictating how women and men should act in order to be 'real'; women or men. enough already.

let people choose who they are instead of shoving it down their throats. there is no social movement that rules by compulsion can enforce behavior by law or is so powerful people are mindlessly helpless against its dictates.

there is a person following their conscience and freedom of choice, however. if people are not falling in line with your and MANY others gendered expectations, there's a reason for that. its bc they dont fit within them. and thats their right. let it be.

• Yea we get it. Someone has already made a mytake about this. This has been done countless times. Get creative

• That comment was literally the most pointless thing I've read so far today. I asked for opinions. You clicked the title which gave away it was going to be about feminism. I didn't force you to read it, so keep your boring snarky comments where they belong- in your head.

• @godfatherfan I bet your name starts with a b and ends with a itch

• @godfatherfan old guy fighting with a young woman. Pathetic. And you sound immature

• I think people pay so much attention to the extreme feminists and neglect feminists like myself who support genuine equality. Not "man hating" or thinking women should be put on a pedestal. If people actually dug into feminism (I'd say look up some Laci Green videos on Youtube) they'd realise that feminism despite the name, is about the equality of the genders. This means that feminists are worried about issues that plague men as well because they have their own sets of issues. But it's harder to relate to those struggles when you aren't a man and unfortunately not a lot of men come forward to talk about the issues.

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that men and women are biologically different. Obviously they are. I'm a feminist but I still want to have a family, breastfeed, stay home with my kids as I raise them, etc. But it's important not to forget that women still struggle a lot even in this day and age in America. It's so normalized so its easy not to recognize or understand but it's certainly there and I didn't realize the extent of it until I started building my career, watched struggling moms did my own research and things like that.

• I see, and I agree with what you are saying. Could you maybe tell me some examples of where women and men are still not quite equal?

• In the USA there's no paid maternity leave. You'll see one day if you decide to have a family that there's so much that women do and give up yet they remain unappreciated and unrepresented in society. Honestly that only scratches the surface. It's a deeper subject than can be explained here. And a lot of men get really defensive about these things because they see extreme feminists who want to burn their bras and whatnot and I get it. But I encourage you as a young woman not to disregard moderate feminists and to do some digging and do some research. Don't get scared off by the crazies because you might miss some really important things. I remember even just three years ago I'd say "I'm not a feminist, I love men!" And I do love men. But I understand women's and appreciate struggles a lot more and am horrified that those things ever came out of my mouth.

Here are some Laci Green videos. She does have videos about sex information so maybe don't open at school or anything lol. https://www.youtube.com/user/lacigreen/videos

• Thank you! I will definitely watch some later when I have time!