24 Reasons Why I Only Date Confident Women

1. She is secure with herself. She knows what she is, and what she is not.

2. She is okay with a confident male partner, since she is confident as well.

3. Her decision to date is based on pure desire, not need.

4. She will be direct and not cause unnecessary drama or stress by being vague. She will explain what she likes or dislikes.

5. She will be dating very often/rarely single because she can go after who she wants and voice her interest to crushes, rather than wondering why he doesn't pick up on her "obvious" signals despite the glances and however many times she clicked on his profile. (I've doled out that nugget of insight countless times on Gag..)

6. She will be more motivated. This goes for career pursuits, relationships, intimacy, fitness, etc.

7. She is used to being chased. And for dominant guys this works out very, very well.

8. She will of course still have weaknesses. But will likely explain them more, as she is more self-aware.

9. She will initiate intimacy, conversations, kissing, etc.

10. She will make her own decisions.

11. She'll often need her "alone" time, just as a confident man needs his "alone" time.

12. She will be less likely to gossip or be passive-aggressive about exes, other women, etc.

13. She lives life to the fullest.

14. She is herself.

15. She will likely have her shit together.

16. She will be more independent.

17. She embraces new experiences and tries new things.

18. She pursues her dreams. And will want to do so with her partner.

19. She is assertive. (Again for emphasis).

20. She will be more likely to have an industrious career.

21. She will be more likely to become an amazing mother and wife.

22. She will make goals and strive to achieve them.

23. She is positive and her confidence is contagious, she'll help others be confident and will motivate others.

24. She is irresistible and irreplaceable because she is so rare.

3620
ConsultantIsBack is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy being confident and I can see it's attractiveness to men. I am very direct, I will joke about their "hints" of a date and be like "you don't need to hint, where should we go?". It makes it easier for them, makes it more exciting and new. They look at me with fresh eyes which then makes them want to go for that second date ;D

5. Is true for me!

I appreciate a confident man for similar reasons. I think it's easier to respect a confident person who is secure in themselves as they demand respect. I went on a date recently with a shy, insecure guy and he was just so negative about anything and thinking the worst constantly! I have depression which is medicated and so I tend to think negatively so I need a positive, optimistic guy to balance me out! He brought my mood down when it should be up when you're with someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't fully agree with 4, just because she's confident doesn't mean she's always dating/rarely single and I feel that contradicts item 3.

That said I do agree with the latter part of 4. I've mentioned this to you before where I've had someone tell me they've stared at a picture on my profile for 30 minutes... okay well I Wouldn't have known that unless you told me. Same person is also constantly mimicking my social media habits but does nothing to show direct interest. It's both bizarre and annoying.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 35

• I like that you didn't make a confident woman and idea of perfection which is not attainable to most. You listed number 8 which is fantastic.
    This shows she's human and like everyone else has things she may want to work on.
    Confidence is holding pride in yourself and being self aware.
    I can see why that's sexy :)

• Good job dude.

So many guys that think they have game and don't, will go full retard when they get shot down by a girl... start calling her a "stuck up bitch" because she won't go out with them.

On the other hand... a smart/confident guy... will take the time to figure out if there's a reason WHY she shot him down. Maybe it's a simple as she just isn't interested, and that doesn't make her a bitch by default. OR... maybe he sees a different way to approach her that actually works because he took the time to figure it out.

Of course there has to be at least some physical attraction to get anywhere, but beyond that, a good brain is the sexiest body part. Intelligence without arrogance is deas sexy 😍😍

If confidence comes off as arrogamce to someone, maybe they need to stop and think about why that is. Is the person truly arrogant, or are you misjuding confidence/intelligence for something else? If they do pause to reevaluate, and they still think she's a bitch... well... they probably need to be looking for a different type of woman. ☺

Peace. And Merry Christmas.

• Confident women don't necessarily have all these 24 qualities. But this is your ideal, so I can see where you're coming from listing them all.

My thing is, I have a lot of these qualities, I'm ambitious, smart, doing my thing, and secure, initiate intimacy, and am confident in how I look, my intelligence, and what I'm doing. But I have a hard time using the word confident as my big word to describe myself because I feel like the world is so backwards, confident women are portrayed as one sided-bitchy, mean, self absorbed, and cocky-and that's not the case. To me, you can have a gentle, more chill confidence and be just as sure of yourself as those stereotypes that demonstrate confidence (especially the super woman)

• I believe in myself and I am a very feminine, maternal young woman who wants to have a dominant man as a partner. I am very ambitious with my own career goals. I love experiencing new things.
    However, I have depression and I am cancer to myself. I know my weaknesses. I am usually very introverted and not particularly outgoing. But I am always myself.

Your description sounds like an outgoing AND confident person, not just a "confident" person.
    Honestly, I have not met or heard of anyone who has such a put together life and personality.

• Fair point, if I could I would probably edit the title to ".. Confident and Outgoing.."

I would hypothesize that the majority of confident women are outgoing however. I think they might be connected traits actually.

There are girls out there like this.

• True, good point.

• She is right! Natural confidence can be found in introverts or extroverts. I don't feel like most extroverts are confident either, but I do feel like there is a hell of lot more extroverts in the world than introverts (and even saying that is putting it lightly).

• she doesn't sound real lol. i don't think i've come across anyone who has it -all- put together like that.

• if she's direct and clearly expresses herself why would she be used to being 'chased'?

wouldn't she be going after what she wants instead of waiting around or playing games?

guys dont have a chance to chase me bc if i like them ill initiate or if they get to it first i will be receptive bc i like them--I dont spend time playing games. so there's no room for ' chasing. ' maybe by chasing you're thinking of something im not aware of. but i think of it as one person feigning disinterest while the other or rather SO the other has space to prove themselves. which is artificial bc proving yourself happens in a relationship not prior.

i also don't think its so rare for a woman to be confident... its just that guys often complain about women being too assertive. which is unfortunate for those guys.

• One thing: sometimes it's difficult to articulate what exactly it is that you want because you don't really understand it.

• Confidence is great! I used to be so insecure due to the constant assholes that were unavoidable and made life hell but now I'm pretty confident. Even days when I know I look like shit, I'm still for the most part confident. I mean I've always been ambitious and sure of what I wanted but just on my down time, I would struggle with confidence.

• The best MyTake I've read so far! I'm happy that I'm confident enough to chase my happiness and my success. And also, about 5, it's true, but too bad I'm not in a relationship because I haven't found the one. But I will soon, I feel positive about the guy that I'm currently dating with. Thanks a lit for the great MyTake!

• Eh... just my career is uncertain! Everything else sounds like me! Although, I haven't liked a guy in a long time so! Er... it is what it is?

• This whole thing was ridiculous.
    As I am someone who has battled depression and self-worth issues all my life, I barely have any confidence and yet I do like half of those things lol

• Many attractive qualities to those women that own it! I need to work on some of these points, haha.

• Nice take. I never understood why no one would date insecure women and now that I'm more confident, I totally get it :P

Not sure why dating a lot (#5) would necessarily be considered a good thing though. Doesn't that sort of conflict with #2?

• Basically I just threw that in there to prove a point, Confident women date! Because they are direct and not sitting around wondering why "he just isn't getting it" lol.

• That makes sense as long as they aren't the type to jump into relationships just because they can.

• Thanks for reading :)

• And THAT is why I date confident men! I hope many women read this and empower themselves to be the best and most confident version of themselves.

• Thanks you for being the minority here haha. All are listed wonderfully especially no 21! Confident women are always wrongly judged as "too full of herself" which drag the men to avoid them as their future wives. It shows that you are a confident man too because as far as I've noticed, only confident men would date confident women and vice versa :)

• I think actually most guys in real life want a confident woman. Just like how women want confident men, but that fictional the idea of a shy, cute woman is more attractive.

• Thanks for your comment, yes different types for different people and that's okay! I'm glad the world isn't homogenous ✌

• YES! on point and word for word what my fiance says is what has him hooked on me lol

• Great article, I think it's important for guys to make it known what they want in terms of character as 90% of focus seems to be on looks then people wonder what they are missing out on. A confident person achieves a healthy mental and physical lifestyle and lives a wholesome life.

• Good MyTake, now all the confident girls will start chasing you ;)

• Confidence is sexy. :)

• More from Girls
    15

What Guys Said 19

• I like this. guys need to spend more time figuring out what they want and not just what they think is wanted from there.

have to say that first girl is not doing it for me though hahah

• I dig confident women. I have only ever dated the ego-depressed types. Time to rack up the numbers on the opposite end!

• Confidence is definitely sexy. It goes for guys and girls. A confident man that has his shit together is going to be attracted to a confident woman that is the same.

• Amen.
    Confident, strong, and independent, that's the perfect woman.

Great take.

• Too many traits for one kind.

What I think is best..

1. Doesn't act desinterested to test if you run after her all the time

2. Can take a compliment and not ask why (even if she has a bf)

3. Acts by her own will and not by how other people may see it right

Ok that's enough. Any more would be putting up stereotypes together

• I only feel bad that apparently confidence is rare. :(

I wonder why that is?

[Gets out his White Knight costume and prepares his trusty bullshit sword]

• Those are excellent reasons, I concur, great Take

• Ehh kind of hit and miss on some stuff not all stuff is universal for all confident gals.

• Thanks for the my take. I'm beginning to wonder if the latest gal I've come across did what she did for a few of these reasons.

• I love this take.

Too bad confidence is such a rare virtue in women of this day and age.

• I meet almost all dates, including my girlfriend, at clubs and gyms (post-uni). I feel like that is good places to narrow in on confident women :)

• you have such a positive outlook on life, it's so rare - that's why I like your takes :)

• thanks brother! Really appreciate it

• Yes... Nice take.

• 25- she will wear a strapon and rape your anus :D JK lolol
    Great Mytake!

• Bro, that's exactly what I want, thanks

• I like to date confident women. The women in my past who were not were insecure and they cheated.

• I am strong confident woman

• What is their average count bruh?

• You can have it. More for you brah

• The post is very idealistic and it points out many things that not most confident people has, but overall, dating confident people is way better for most decent people and it drives to healthy relationships.

• Did you write the topic after you could come up with the points?