24 Reasons Why I Only Date Confident Women

1. She is secure with herself. She knows what she is, and what she is not.

2. She is okay with a confident male partner, since she is confident as well.

3. Her decision to date is based on pure desire, not need.

4. She will be direct and not cause unnecessary drama or stress by being vague. She will explain what she likes or dislikes.

5. She will be dating very often/rarely single because she can go after who she wants and voice her interest to crushes, rather than wondering why he doesn't pick up on her "obvious" signals despite the glances and however many times she clicked on his profile. (I've doled out that nugget of insight countless times on Gag..)

6. She will be more motivated. This goes for career pursuits, relationships, intimacy, fitness, etc.

7. She is used to being chased. And for dominant guys this works out very, very well.

8. She will of course still have weaknesses. But will likely explain them more, as she is more self-aware.

9. She will initiate intimacy, conversations, kissing, etc.

10. She will make her own decisions.

11. She'll often need her "alone" time, just as a confident man needs his "alone" time.

12. She will be less likely to gossip or be passive-aggressive about exes, other women, etc.

13. She lives life to the fullest.

14. She is herself.

15. She will likely have her shit together.

16. She will be more independent.

17. She embraces new experiences and tries new things.

18. She pursues her dreams. And will want to do so with her partner.

19. She is assertive. (Again for emphasis).

20. She will be more likely to have an industrious career.

21. She will be more likely to become an amazing mother and wife.

22. She will make goals and strive to achieve them.

23. She is positive and her confidence is contagious, she'll help others be confident and will motivate others.

24. She is irresistible and irreplaceable because she is so rare.

ConsultantIsBack is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 36

• Confidence is great! I used to be so insecure due to the constant assholes that were unavoidable and made life hell but now I'm pretty confident. Even days when I know I look like shit, I'm still for the most part confident. I mean I've always been ambitious and sure of what I wanted but just on my down time, I would struggle with confidence.

• I enjoy being confident and I can see it's attractiveness to men. I am very direct, I will joke about their "hints" of a date and be like "you don't need to hint, where should we go?". It makes it easier for them, makes it more exciting and new. They look at me with fresh eyes which then makes them want to go for that second date ;D

5. Is true for me!

I appreciate a confident man for similar reasons. I think it's easier to respect a confident person who is secure in themselves as they demand respect. I went on a date recently with a shy, insecure guy and he was just so negative about anything and thinking the worst constantly! I have depression which is medicated and so I tend to think negatively so I need a positive, optimistic guy to balance me out! He brought my mood down when it should be up when you're with someone.

• Confidence is sexy. :)

• I like that you didn't make a confident woman and idea of perfection which is not attainable to most. You listed number 8 which is fantastic.
    This shows she's human and like everyone else has things she may want to work on.
    Confidence is holding pride in yourself and being self aware.
    I can see why that's sexy :)

• Eh... just my career is uncertain! Everything else sounds like me! Although, I haven't liked a guy in a long time so! Er... it is what it is?

• This awesome! Number 3, wow.

• Yayyyyyyy! ♡

• good for you :P awesome mytake

• YES! on point and word for word what my fiance says is what has him hooked on me lol

• if she's direct and clearly expresses herself why would she be used to being 'chased'?

wouldn't she be going after what she wants instead of waiting around or playing games?

guys dont have a chance to chase me bc if i like them ill initiate or if they get to it first i will be receptive bc i like them--I dont spend time playing games. so there's no room for ' chasing. ' maybe by chasing you're thinking of something im not aware of. but i think of it as one person feigning disinterest while the other or rather SO the other has space to prove themselves. which is artificial bc proving yourself happens in a relationship not prior.

i also don't think its so rare for a woman to be confident... its just that guys often complain about women being too assertive. which is unfortunate for those guys.

• The best MyTake I've read so far! I'm happy that I'm confident enough to chase my happiness and my success. And also, about 5, it's true, but too bad I'm not in a relationship because I haven't found the one. But I will soon, I feel positive about the guy that I'm currently dating with. Thanks a lit for the great MyTake!

• This is a pretty great take. I can be confident sometimes, but usually I'm always apologetic.

• Thanks for reading!
      Well I think you can be both maybe :)

• I'm determined to overcome my self doubt and lack of confidence issues. This take helps me see how damaging ir is for me personally, not just for a guy to like me.

• Glad to help in any way potentially :)

• Good to know, and nice MyTake :)

• Thanks you for being the minority here haha. All are listed wonderfully especially no 21! Confident women are always wrongly judged as "too full of herself" which drag the men to avoid them as their future wives. It shows that you are a confident man too because as far as I've noticed, only confident men would date confident women and vice versa :)

• That is a sweet and nice take.
    sort off the ideal that I want to achieve.
    Although I don t agree on the fact that relationship is based on desire and not need. I think it s the opposite.
    Other than that I fully agree :)

• Good MyTake, now all the confident girls will start chasing you ;)

• And THAT is why I date confident men! I hope many women read this and empower themselves to be the best and most confident version of themselves.

• Pretty empowering.
    good take.

• I knew it was only a matter of time before you wrote a take about me ;) hahah

• Great take!! 👌🏿💪🏿

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 20

• I love this take.

Too bad confidence is such a rare virtue in women of this day and age.

• I meet almost all dates, including my girlfriend, at clubs and gyms (post-uni). I feel like that is good places to narrow in on confident women :)

• you have such a positive outlook on life, it's so rare - that's why I like your takes :)

• thanks brother! Really appreciate it

• I like this. guys need to spend more time figuring out what they want and not just what they think is wanted from there.

have to say that first girl is not doing it for me though hahah

• Ehh kind of hit and miss on some stuff not all stuff is universal for all confident gals.

• Amen.
    Confident, strong, and independent, that's the perfect woman.

Great take.

• 25- she will wear a strapon and rape your anus :D JK lolol
    Great Mytake!

• Confidence is definitely sexy. It goes for guys and girls. A confident man that has his shit together is going to be attracted to a confident woman that is the same.

• The post is very idealistic and it points out many things that not most confident people has, but overall, dating confident people is way better for most decent people and it drives to healthy relationships.

• Thanks for the my take. I'm beginning to wonder if the latest gal I've come across did what she did for a few of these reasons.

• I dig confident women. I have only ever dated the ego-depressed types. Time to rack up the numbers on the opposite end!

• Did you write the topic after you could come up with the points?

• I only feel bad that apparently confidence is rare. :(

I wonder why that is?

[Gets out his White Knight costume and prepares his trusty bullshit sword]

• I like to date confident women. The women in my past who were not were insecure and they cheated.

• Too many traits for one kind.

What I think is best..

1. Doesn't act desinterested to test if you run after her all the time

2. Can take a compliment and not ask why (even if she has a bf)

3. Acts by her own will and not by how other people may see it right

Ok that's enough. Any more would be putting up stereotypes together

• What is their average count bruh?

• Don't fully agree with 4, just because she's confident doesn't mean she's always dating/rarely single and I feel that contradicts item 3.

That said I do agree with the latter part of 4. I've mentioned this to you before where I've had someone tell me they've stared at a picture on my profile for 30 minutes... okay well I Wouldn't have known that unless you told me. Same person is also constantly mimicking my social media habits but does nothing to show direct interest. It's both bizarre and annoying.

• I am strong confident woman

• Yes... Nice take.

• You can have it. More for you brah

• Those are excellent reasons, I concur, great Take

• Bro, that's exactly what I want, thanks