Men, you are the catch not women!

The modern man today acts as if women are the prize, while they must slave and work away at school, gym to prove they are worthy of getting a woman. What men don't realize is that you are the catch not women.

Let's look at the many ways, men are the catch:

1. Dating/Relations

When it comes to dating and relationships, men are the ones who put in all the work, while women passively just go along for the ride using down a guy money, and waiting for him to choose what dates to go on (or in some cases suggest what dates they should go on in which the man will pay). Now I'm sure some of you females on gag are foaming at the mouth at this, but in dating men are still expect to approach (face rejection), plan out dates, be the entertainers of the relationship and pay for most things. While women just decide whether she enjoys the man company or not to want to get into a relationship with him.

2. Men are expected to slave and put in place things before women give them a chance at dating.

I've literally seen older women tell younger girls that they should not mess with a man until he has 2 keys (1 for his house and his car). For men who are average/below average in looks, the modern day women will not give you a chance at dating her for the most part unles you bust your ass in school to get a nice job, place and car.

Men you are the catch not women

I'm sure their are outliers where men who are legitamitely homeles and ugly getting women but for the most part women pass over men in their age group to date older guys who are already in a well established career making money. I've seen this far to often in my medical school. Where I'd wager 30% of young girls are dating doctors or guys in successful career outside of school, 50% are content with staying single and 20% are dating guys 1 year above.

The point here is beauty is depreciating value that goes down with age. Women are valued primarily for their looks which gets worse every year due to most women not taking care of themselves and putting on makeup which damages their skin. Also the biological reason of them having thinner skin which makes them more prone to sun damage.

While men are primary tied to social status and money which usually goes up as a man progresses in his career.

Status+Money >> Beauty.

3. Different beauty standards and more of a social pressure by men.

Thanks to hypergamy, female freedom in sexual expressoin. Many women have reduce back to the basic 80/20 rule when it comes to sex/relationship. Tinder study posted here recently on GAG showed women like muscular men. So guys who look like this are gettig most of the sex/relationships from multiple women:

The standards women have for men is actually quite ridiculous. Some of which includes height (genetic) causing many men to take risky surgies just to get a couple inches for women to give them a chance. A perfect example of this was a man who was 5'6 and did a risky bone lengthening surgery that could of caused him to become paralyzed so he could be 5'8. He met his wife who was 5'7 some time later and when asked if she would of married him, if she met him at his original height, she said probably not.

We also have things now of men going into surgery to get right nose, jaw because women prefer a nice face over body. Yet, still more men are busting their butts in the gym than women to get that aesthetic body so they can be considered worthy by women.

Meanwhile men are just fine with an obese girl, skinny fat girl or even a slightly chubby girl to be their girlfiend. So women for the most part just rely on makeup, buying clothes and doing their hair to attract men. They put on pounds over the years and most girls once they leave college ballon up into fat whales by their late 20's and beyond because the pressure of them having to be skinny to get love is not there.

While it's true many guys let themselves go, more men take an active approach in maintain a healthy athletic body and continue to look aesthetic.

I can't tell you how many older guys in their 30's and 40's who still have good bodies in the gym where I'm at. Meanwhile women in this age group just look like someones mom. While they are the top tier, I still find men in their 30's and 40's hav maintained their youthful body better than women overall.

4. Makeup

Makeup is a very deceptive thing that can make an ugly women become pretty.

So men see a girl with makeup and go awe she's a 8, totally hot. What they don't see is if we wipe away all that makeup she is not all that pretty and you are most likely better than her in looks. Think about it. Men can get out of bed and go out in the world with no one making a fuss of them looking completely differnet. Meanwhile women need to go through 30 mins - 1 hour applying a mask on their face to look "presentable" to the world.

Now I know their are some women who look totally awesome without makeup but they are just as much if not more women who use makeup excessively to hide acne scar and what not.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 49

• Uggh, another woman hating myTake.

• is he really hating on wemen?

• @Tdieseler It's called the MRA. However, they dedicate most of their time attacking feminism.

• with good reason... a good chunk of those idiots don't even know what feminism means lol.
      I support feminism... the same way i'd support a dog about to stick its face in a fan... looks cute at first... but you just wait for the chaos.

• How arrogant do you have to be to believe that you are a prize? Relationships are about loving and appreciating the other person. Both are a catch and should work to get each other

• This is true for some women. You really cannot lump us all in one category.

Although I will add,

I think people are way too hard on women.
    We go through so much more physical change than men do with their bodies.
    Women have multiple pregnancies (which MAY/MAY NOT contribute to loss of beauty).
    The weight may not stay on but stretch marks, loose/wrinkled skin, is something that cannot go away without surgery or laser treatment.

Women in their 40's-50s also go through menopause which further can change their appearance and effect the way their body and skin looks.

Men, go through neither of that.
    Men are way too harsh on women about an appearance that they only have "some" control over.

• Soo much physical and hormonal change takes place with a woman. It really gets a lot of women , out of wack after a while!

Lets not even count periods how they further effect our bodies!

• Im not trying to debunk what you are saying because i see both points of the argument. Im not saying males are better than females or trying to play the victim. But truthfully you must know that females control the dating/relationship game period and that is a huge disadvantage for us.

• @xxcchhllaauu What in the hell is a "wemen"?

• I disagree with everything you say. So I can't wear make-up because I am lying how I look. And I can't be 200lbs because its not acceptable. You try begin a women with social pressures to be pretty, to advance in career, to deal with pains and traumas, to be indpendent. Its just not fair for someone to think the only value I have is my appearance! I will get an education and when i get a job and have a place to call my own I see myself as valueable. I am literally upset and crying. Its just riducles that people believe this crap.

• WOW all I have to say is Generalize much?

• A lot of this is inconsistent. You blame women for wanting a man to be tall because it is genetic, but you criticize women for aging and not being born naturally beautiful. Also, you say that men maintain their bodies as they age, but men also maintain naturally higher metabolism, making this typically easier for men, not to be fit, but to be a healthy weight. Also, you seem to imply that fit, healthy men are dating obese women, which is certainly not a trend that I have noticed. You seem to be implying that men put more effort into their appearances, but you also say that they can leave the house with little maintenance while women spend time on hair and makeup. You say that old women look like someone's mother, but, naturally, old men must look just as much like someone's father. You say that women prefer older men with status and men prefer younger women with better looks, but you seem to be only blaming women for this, after having stated that men usually approach women first. Logically, that must mean that they are the first to express their preference and are, therefore, no less responsible for this tendency. This argument is illogical and defies common sense.

• Well you sure put a lot of thought into this post, which is the most stupid thing I've seen in at least a week. Bet you feel proud of yourself.

• Wow... life is so tough, I feel so sorry for you

• i mean, u can have ur typical gag male empowerment if u want but ill just say this: if ur a straight male desiring female companionship at some point, fixate less on shitting on the opposite gender and focus more on making urself a catch but being humble about it. a catch is a catch regardless of gender. good luck

• 1. Those women who you showed with and without makeup... In the picture of them without, they aren't even ugly so get it right. You must be incredibly shallow to think so. And if you are shallow, you are no prize! lmfao. 2. I don't actually like muscular men, you can't speak for all women. You don't know know them all. I wasn't involved in any "tinder study". Maybe some like muscular men but believe it or not... some women actually like something different. We are not clones of each other.

• I think this take and all its replies are a good representation of this website: a battle of the sexes.

Nobody wants to hear the other side, only defend their position and bash their opponent's.

You got your guys congratulating each other for essentially taking a big steaming turd on the female population.

Then you got your girls who shout "bitter!", "can't get a woman/laid!", "hater!" at the drop of a hat without assessing any of the feedback.

No wonder majority of users here are single. You people should stay away from relationships until you've sorted out your anger and contempt for the opposite sex.

Jeez...

• one day, you'll be very old and you'll realize this is all wrong.

• no, cause he is absolutely correct.

• not at all, in todays dating world pretty much all women use these criteria to filter out men before they give them a chance to show their "non-shallow" qualities. You can't really blame men for being shallow since we do the approaching and we pretty much only have physical attraction to base that on. The difference is, most guys can tell if they are on the same level in terms of physical appearance as the girl, but then girls usually have many other criteria as well which are flawed due to their own inflated sense of selfworth, partly because of makeup making them look better than they really do, and because men far better looking than them often go ahead and have one night stands with them, which makes these girls believe they ca get such a man for a relationship, which they for the most part cannot.

• @alphadoggystyle i agree with you, today's dating world is like this (and i really don't understand why). but in relationships, i don't think wealth and bodies are THAT important. Thing is, people shouldn't date :D, everybody's becoming more and more selective. i'm sure there are other ways to find "your special one". dating is baaaad :)

• The person who adds value to the relationship and others person life is a catch. Regardless of the gender

• Lol why would you even want to be seen as a prize. That's just ridiculous.

• BOTH sexes are the prize.
    You have to make each other feel like a prize.
    Whether you are a man or woman in a relationship.. you are worth everything.

And about your last sentence, "if not more women who use makeup excessively to hide acne scar andw hat not"... so what? I don't want people looking at it. I can cover it if I want.
    I barely wear makeup. But if I must to hide an imperfection, I damn right will in order to feel more comfortable. It will go away any way. It's not permanent on me.
    Even if it is on some women, who cares? If it makes them more comfortable why does it matter so much? Is it really a deal breaker for you?
    If it is, you aren't worth her time.
    "I love everything about her.. she's great... but she covers her acne..."
    Really? REALLY?
    Always baffles me when men say women are "hiding their acne, acne scars, etc" with makeup and its SUUUUUUUCH a big deal. As if my acne makes me WHO I AM.
    If my acne will be a turn off to you, I don't want you any way.
    But here's the thing: I'm not covering it up for you. I'm covering it up for me.
    See what I mean?

• I absolutely love this myTake :) it's very very true... I honestly don't wear an ounce of makeup, my boyfriend is quite skinny, I try to pay for things when he is distracted (he doesn't wanna let me pay and I think it's rude), and I try not to make him my slave because guys do a lot for the sake of women and I don't think it's right :( I think women need to try harder because both should be each others prize. Also it's disgustingly true what you mentioned about moms training their daughters to confirm the guy has two keys >~< All i know is women need to stop handling men like puppets. I was guilty of pressuring my boyfriend a lot in the past (like 2 years ago) and that wasn't right :(

Nice myTake :)

• Oh, but darling, I am a catch! And I just keep getting better with age! 😉

• Lol, if I was your age, I still wouldn't ask you out. You look like a waxed figure.

• @anymours23 maybe I am! Lol

• Ewww I feel bad for who you with, Snow white.

• Some of this is legit for some individuals, but not all of us. Both men and women are supposed to prove themselves to the person they want. It's not about getting someone, it's about keeping them. If you can't maintain a relationship because of whatever reason, then you've got some things to think about, As human beings, it's only natural that when we see something we want, we do whatever we can to get it, and once we get it, we stop appreciating it after a while, and once we lose it, we realize what we had and go running after again, thus continuing that cycle. But I say all of that to say that at the end of the day, a bunch a BS might separate us as genders, but what think about what it would be like if men/women didn't exist. What do you think we would all do? There is no better gender. If you see someone who you think is worth your time, you're going to want them. Case closed.

• Man, this website is turning into such a hate machine.

• Yeah, with all these men hating on women you have to wonder how they were raised, and if they will fuck men instead, since clearly they are sexually frustrated, lol

• @anymours23 Why can't we just live with the fact that women and men are both pretty cool?

• I know but it's tough in the western hemisphere since sex is the main topic. Go fly to the eastern hemisphere and live there. I am pretty sure it's 50/50 over there.

• Im sorry, i dont care enough To really have a big debate so please dont respond. To some degree, what your saying is totally true. then again, men made us this way.

• how did men make you this way? stop blaming men, its feminism who made women act like this.

• cont. Women on the other hand expect men to be perfect to give them a chance. height requirements, body type requirements, high achieving career and social status etc and the right personality, not to nice but not to dominant etc. silly and ridiculous requirements compared to what men expect. and no, you could still wear makeup just fine if you just kept your feet on the ground, realize that just because you can fake your beauty does not make you suddenly to good for the guy who was your equal appearance wise when you didn't wear makeup. If more women managed to do that then you would realize that there are plenty of quality men available for you.
      And about your final point, not really, the ugliest girls have it as bad as the ugliest guys, both get treated like they dont exist by the other gender, the only difference is that an ugly guy can increase his value by getting lots of money, but very few guys ever manage to do that as it is not easy to do.

• Lol
      WE made you not value men who aren't 6 feet and rich?

Come on, now. I know women like to throw all the blame on men, but it's getting ridiculous now

• More from Girls
    29

What Guys Said 50

• You know, You must be quite a catch]
    Not
    Thats the most sexist thing I've read today
    Of course the night is still young

• Great take.
    Loved the video it was hilarious.
    Even I wouldn't go as far as the guy, I just expect the girl to pay for herself.

• Vaginas beat penises every time.
    They're like kryptonite.
    Penises are defenseless against them.

• Not true. The puperior man will keep his dignity and jerk off to keep his stance and keep her from being obnoxious to other men.

Men who are helpless when it comes to pussy train women to be on a pedastal and fuck it up for old school men Ike me

• @jacquesvol LOL.😂😂

• Ya personally I see an attractive guy is more rare than an attractive woman. Less and less men are matriculating and graduating from universities, tons of guys are fat dad bods, tons of guys just rot away in front of video games, tons of guys don't know what hygiene is beyond taking a shower (and even then, many fail at that).

After you go through the basic filters of a socially normal guy, then a sense of humor, then ambition and some promise of a legitimate income (as in an actual career, not some dumbass dream about getting big off penny stocks or something lol), and then works out and takes care of his body... you are left with not a large percentage of men in my opinion.

And that's before other preferences, like tall guys, guys with abs and muscularity, guys with jawline, guys that can cook or whatever.

• Right, there are a lot more attractive girls then guys, thats why it sucks for girls because a girl who is a 8 and could be dating guys her level or above are kind of forced to stay si gle or get with a guy below her level. I mean, this whole this is kind of shallow but it does exist.

• @alphadoggystyle s11.postimg.org/.../japanese_man_makeup_girl.jpg

Makeup is magic.

• This article is full of crock; and I am a dude. A gay one at that, but still a dude who has dated women in my past life and who has befriended mostly women, so I've heard all their stories about their love lives; and I am quite confident in saying that this diatribe is from a dude who has insecurity issues and a hatred of women... wait... not just women in general; but goodlooking women! The men who bitch about women not wanting them and complain about women being superficial are so hypocritical because they are just as superficial, ageist, body elitist as the women he is bitching about!!! As for women preferring "muscular" men, he is so wrong. I don't know what women he is hanging out with or pursuing (maybe he deserves superficial, arrogant women), but none of the pretty women I ever consulted with about muscular men have EVER preferred muscles... EVER!! If anything, when I've pointed out men in muscle mags with veiny bodies, they almost always say GROSS!! That it does not turn them on. If anything, it's gay guys who are attracted to bodybuilders and muscles. What I CAN say is that those same women did have a preference for lean, fit guys, but that is far from preferring bodybuilders and muscular guys, like the author claims. Again, he must be pursuing cheap, superficial women with marbles for brains.

As for young women mostly preferring older men; that is crock too. Again, he needs to stop generalizing because just like men, women are a complex varied group. Yes, they do want a man who is stable, but that is because women are tired of dating scrubs with no aspirations. I would expect straight men seeking a wife/gf to have just as high standards... like why would you date a woman addicted to meth or prefer food stamps and multiple baby daddies over a job/career? Ummm, hello! If that is being superficial, then so be it. No one wants to date a loser; either male or female!

No doubt this guy is just mad at hot women because all I read in his diatribe is how women in general are ugly without makeup, women get old, blah blah blah. Dude, women have more societal expectations to live up to than men do anyday. Those societal standards like wearing makeup? Who made those rules? Men. Not women. Try dating cute women who are nice, kind, have good morals instead of the arrogant superficial Spring-break hoes you keep pursuing and maybe instead you will find a relationship and fidelity. But if you pursue hot women, you best be hot too.

• The shaming language from women here are typical

Sexually frustrated
    Gay
    Hateful

While I do believe that a catch is a catch regardless of gender, the women here are taking part in their classic shaming language

• This is not hate. This is a guy trying to remind other guys to be aware of the current social atmosphere. I know it's weird, but sometimes, straight men help each other out. And sometimes, that help takes the form of emotional support. So, trash talk it if you will, but it really just says more about you than anything else.

• I'm just glad I don't really do the whole casual dating thing, which is where the vast majority of this crap happens.
    Acquainting in more standard social scenarios is something I prefer regardless, as a casual first date tends to be a lot of faking and trying to impress the other from both sides. When acquainting I can simply be myself and all parties involved tend to be less judging. It seems much more genuine that way, too. Not to mention not being expected to pay for fancy expensive crap to try and "woo" someone.

Granted I only had a few successes this way as I'm not actively searching for romance, but the few times I at least had some idea of the woman's personality and knew there was some click at least. With the few casual dates I tried, I always ended up disappointed finding out their personality was faked. Maybe casual dating needs a mindset I don't have, maybe I'm just missing something, but seeing how many people seemingly get annoyed by the whole casual dating scene it makes me wonder why people keep trying.

As for this myTake, it seems rather aggressive towards women for the sake of supporting men. I understand as nowadays it's relatively common and without repercussion that people (mostly bitter women) can ridicule and otherwise bash men for existing, but fighting generalizations with generalizations won't win you any significant battles. There are crappy men and crappy women out there, narcissistic self-entitled men and women alike. They don't represent their gender as a whole, and reacting to the genders as a whole as if they do only hurts yourself and the decent people (men and women alike) in the long run.

• Man what's with all the girls complaining? Not a single time I read "offensive" or "hateful". I completely agree with you, but I also read @ConsultantIsBack response and I agree to what he said too. Very few men are actually what you would consider a catch in every sense, each guy is responsible of placing their value both in looks and financial stability.

• Look me in the eye and say that hahaha

• Certainly many interesting things with all of this, a lot of it from the comments too. People call it trolling, hate, etc but then preceed to hate. Wasent my impression by far that this was done to be hateful or trolling, the mytake has it flaws sure, but pretty ironic that. And i kinda agree to that the Men are the catch, not women. And i know too if there was a mytake that stated women were a catch it would be praised by the typical "you go girl" attitude. Its generally percived as such too, that women are a catch, dont see why its so insulting to say or think its the other way around.

Although I wouldn't really say it dvelved into why exactly men are the catch as much, but few reasons I think so.

1. Lets face it, there are a lot of douchbags, no doubt are a lot of bad apples too from the lady side as well naturally, but sadly a lot of males have kinda grown into the belief the more woman the better mentality. So generally speaking they are more likely to just live life without settling down and to maybe be faithful as well. Thus to find a nice guy who dosent live by this and are faithful is a catch. Which leads me to the next point.

2. Emotions. So many guys again are taught to basically become rocks, supress their emotions, be tough and so on. Generally speaking again women dont really have this problem, its always been more okay for a girl to cry than a guy as well as showing emotions. Its more commonly accepted anyway. Which naturally again, can lead to a lot of stupidness from males again, either they may always deny what they feel or they dont won't be able to grow to be able to show other people feelings like they should, love included. They may understand it all even, but be unable to express it. Why another reason a decent guy again would be a catch, someone who has found this balance against the odds. To be able to be a nourisher and a proper provider emotionally.

Anyway, guess dont really have enough room to properly explain it all, but few was a few thingies anyway. I kinda wish so too anyway that many guys who are decent, if they are as such anyway, wouldn't worry so much that they can't find a girl, cause a girl should be finding you. Cause nice guys, real ones dont grow on trees sadly. they can be a gem, thus again a catch.

• In regard to your point #2. Women also tend to lose respect for men who show their vulnerable and emotional side to them.

• True they do, yet they need it and won't accept a lifelong partner without it, while not everyone do it, too many ridicule a guys feelings no doubt then wonder why they dont talk about their feelings to them etc, lol.

• Man you hit hard on the flaws of the dating game, good take loved it

• of course i'm the catch. women have to prove themselves to me constantly. if they can't take it i dont take them.

• True my friend. Most girls here fail to realise (due to conceiving this info emotionally) that you are not talking in a hateful manner but rather a cold and realistic one. Really nice Take, it actually sums up everything about the standards in only 4 paragraphs :D

• I had a pretty bad day today and some negative views like this" I've literally seen older women tell younger girls that they should not mess with a man until he has 2 keys (1 for his house and his one for his car". but strangley this helped me seeing some views both bad and good of men and women and it is glad to see that there are good women out there that see that we both work hard and should provide and care for each other. I learned what feminism really is.

• women buttmad at your post because you are right. it is funny because they can't refute it, so they just call it "woman hating". But when a guy go into some crazy feminist post, he refutes it most of the times.

• I love it how the girls here automatically hate this.

Anyway, let me throw some more fuel on the fire.

Here is a recent study on who marries who based on career choices. And you guessed it, women like to marry up (financially).

www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-who-marries-whom/

Enjoy.

• Mgtow

• As much as I completely agree with you... and then some.
    I believe more in equality.
    A man would be arrogant to think he's a catch regardless of how well off he is, and woman would be an ignorant bitch if they think they are quite the catch regardless of how "independent" they may be.
    Baseline, once you find each other... the 50/50 rule applies. you find your other half in them none you is better than the other, you just complete each other.

• WHERE MEN OF COURSE WE ARE BETTER LOL

• More from Guys
    30