Having spent 5 years in a relationship where I felt completely exposed, insecure and out of my comfort zone, here's the main reason that I picked out - lack of experience.
- You don't know what to expect next, it's all brand new to you
- You don't have a point of reference so you can't compare
- You don't set clear boundaries as to what's OK and what's not acceptable
- You don't know how to pick your fights and when to compromise
- You don't want to repeat the past mistakes (you probably won't)
- You don't know if you find someone better in the future (you definitely will)