Top 5 Reasons Why Women Don’t Want Clingy Men

I decided to share some thoughts I’ve had about some of the guys I’ve recently talked to. A lot of them have had very clingy tendencies- I tend to date older which may play a factor in that. They could be in a rush to settle down and start their life.

Anyways, here are the 5 things the make a guy seem clingy in my eyes and why it is unattractive to me.

1) I like my space

I don’t appreciate a guy who needs to always be by my side or doesn’t have his own life. I have my own friends, family and life- I don’t plan on losing that just because I enter into a relationship.

2) Jealousy: The Green-Eyed Monster

When a guy is jealous it is SO unattractive to me. It shows a lack of confidence. If I am in a relationship with you, it’s because I want to be. I have guy friends and they will remain a part of my life.

3) Always needs reassurance

This is probably one of the most frustrating things for me. I can be affectionate, but I tend to be stubborn. If you try to make me be affectionate- it will just push me more away. Once again- if you’re in a relationship with someone you should be confident in it. Affection comes at the right times- you can’t push it or constantly need it.

If i'm spending time all of my time with you, obviously i like you and think you're attractive. Im not going to tell you that every second of every day.

4) Blowing up my phone

When a guy needs to text me every second of every day or makes me tell him where I am all the time it shows a lack of trust and makes it seem like he doesn’t have a life. The point of a relationship is to combine 2 worlds and not make my world, yours.

5) Talking about the future WAY too early

I tend to do this too because I think ahead. However, I’ve had guys make me take a step back by how forward they are. On tinder, I have met some guys that call me their girl, ask how many kids I plan on having or talk about meeting their family when we’ve just been on one date… That just looks desperate.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 29

I'd say those are a lot MY reasons why I don't want clingy women. ;)

Clingy is clingy, regardless of gender, and I've never liked it.

Very true. It could have gone either way

True! I'm just a little clingy :/ 😳

Yep, it seems like a double standard. When I was telling some people about this girl hitting me up every day and throwing a fit when I couldn't hang out but offered to reschedule or another day, people are like dude go have sex with her or say she's into you.

There's a little more to it than that but all I know is if I acted the way she did towards any women, that'd ruin my chances completely.

Don't forget that there are quite some clingy girls as well, for the same reasons

Well if I was with a girl and she had a bunch of guy friends at the start of the relationship I would tell her if you ever have the urge to cheat go ahead.

True. Though clingy people shouldn't be in relationship in the first place. They should focus on themselves first and building a healthy self-esteem.

What if you like people who are like that?

This apply to both gender I believe. Clingy and neediness is a turnoff for everyone.

It does apply to both.. But apparently some people like it haha that's what some people commented

They might like it at first, but I find it hard to believe that one would not get sick of their bf/gf be around them 24 hours a day, 7 day a week. Too much of anything is bad lol xD

Completely agree

Hey.

I agree with this and it goes both ways. In fact, I ended it with a girl because she was acting super clingy and insecure. I find it funny when I see guys who say oh man I wish I had a clingy girlfriend. They say that, until it actually happens.
    All in all, it's not a black and white thing. It's not either the guy/girl is a flake or a stage five clinger. There is middle ground.

Sometimes there is pressure of just not trying to appear clingy though. Sometimes when you like someone and it's early on, you wanna keep in contact but at the same time you don't wanna seem overly interested and you're the one doing all the work.

if you dont like guys who are clingy then you will be alone for the rest of your life. and will never have a guy. or have a guy for long.
    clinginess means a person actually wants you. if your a person who doesn't like that then that means your immature and just want to screw around.
    so if you like space dont get a guy, or friends, and be alone.
    so its more like "Top 5 Reasons Why Women Don’t Have Men For Long"
    answer: women are too conceited, and have a backward set mind in how relationships work.

Okay sure lol

@redeyemindtricks did I good job of explaining what independence is in a relafionship. Hopefully she'll link it here and You can learn a few things

What is "clingy?" I mean obviously 16 messages is obsessive 😂, but should we just ask how clingy to be, or just guess how clingy we should be until she says we're too clingy or too distant? That's kind of a weird lame thing to ask but I guess we have to because it varies girl to girl.

Good point. Clingy in my opinion is when I say I'm busy but then you keep pushing to hang out or meet up with me. It's fine if you text me a few times back to back cause it means you're thinking of me. But don't text me more than 5 times lol a little excessive.
      A little jealousy is okay... But it's important to not look insecure

Oh okay. So basically ignoring your gf's pleas of " leave me alone for _____ time

Nope, everyone needs their space and that goes for both parties. You can still date someone and still hang out with your friends and enjoy your own hobbies.

Wanting to be with someone is not clingy, but wanting to be with someone 24/7 whether it's in person or through texting and getting jealous, upset about not seeing someone everyday or not respecting their personal time is.

You date dudes on tinder. You're better looking than me and I just pick up chicks at the grocery store.

I actually just recently deleted it lol but I'm shy and not many guys approach me

Hmm well most guys don't have your balls lol

i guess not. im old fashioned like that. i think its because i have moved so much as a kid that i just got good at talking to random people. i went to 12 different elementary schools. you get good at making friends. as i got older i just got less interested in talking to other men lol.

Women never know what they want so its up to the men her life to tell her ie father, husband, Fiancee, brother, boyfriend, uncle

Uh false.

you know you do. Just think about your dream guy and tell me om wrong.

My kind of guy

These are all good reasons and i agree with all, exept the friends thing. I dont believe in guy-girl platonic friendships.
    Im not one of those guys that does that. So i won't be with a girl who has "guy-friends" either.

I have tons of guys as friends... How is that a bad thing? I actually think that makes a girl way more down to earth

Well my wife and I are both clingy and we love that

Those all apply to why men hate clingy women. Also, because of Fight Club.

This applies equally to BOTH genders , have had a clinger lock onto me like a Sidewinder missile , evasive action taken !!

Thank God. I'm Not Clingy

I think both men and women don't like clingy bfs/gfs...
    So nothing new in your take

Haha apparently not. Some of the comments disagree

Yeaa I mean some people don't mind being clingy for sure but majority will be freaked out if their partner is clingy :-P Lol

You've used the incorrect title for your MyTake. It should read "Top 5 reasons why I don't want clingy men". You don't speak for all women, there are women who like "clingy" men. I don't know why as I agree with each point you've raised, but it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

Why do you think opposite sex feels any different - and what exactly is your question here? Or was it just a need for a bit of expression and validation, to share the most boring stereotype with the world so you feel you said something smart?
    I would take a cute clingy girl any day - and most nice girls would for a guy they really like too. Would the clingy-ness itself be attractive - probably not, but that is far too obvious to write this much about - so what's your point?

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 15

Same reasons why guys don't like women who are clingy. You know? Clingy is clingy and it doesn't matter the gender. Lol regardless of that, great take.

I agree with this my take on so many levels. I think the biggest reason is that I just like my independence.

I hate clingy men

Duuude... are we related? My life in a MyTake!

Not only is this dead on psychologically accurate but these clingy people can turn into stalkers and abusers. Anyone that needy, there is something in the way their mind works that isn't right or healthy.

I agree with your Take!

I think the writer of this is a girl. This is mostly want men says.
    I myself a bit clingy but I am also flexible. I want my SO to be doing all those things to me maybe not too much but its all okay for me.

I don't mind clingy to an extent. If it gets to be too much, then I get a little turned off.

women like you give us a bad name. i dont like indifferent "cool" guys. relationships are de facto clingy.

I didn't say I wanted a guy who didn't give a shit. I just want a guy who knows how to give me my space

honesrtly i like clingy guys. as long as i can have my spscewhen i want which i can. just bc a person wants to be with you all the time doesn't mean thery have to or have bo control ovcer themseklcves. i measn it just requyires yuou saaying can't im busy. if he's human hell understand. i think you mean you dont liuke fatal attraction stalker bvoil your bunny can't reason with clingy.

but just regular clingy is harmless and in my opinion its sweet. id much rather a guy want me all the time then be acting like he's too cool to sow he cares or be neurotic like 99% iof guys on here constantly trying to prove they are not clingy treating their gfs like shit then coming on gag talking about how well its going how they are not coming off as clingy. i just like a guy whos not afraid to be affectionate and can be honest about how he feels. i al;so dont think 'clingy;' is a disease. i think it ebbs and flows and when people first fall in love or get blown away they really want each other all the time. it just shows passion. now want and do are different things. so i dont mind, i welcome the feeling. as long as he can control it. which mot people can. most people are clingy and hide it. bc what else is being in love. its not a business merger. you're drawn chemically connected attached. love hormones clinging to receptor sites. i

think shame is way worse than clingy. most people obsess over how not to be clingy or write takes on how they dont like clingy proving indirectly how they themselves are not. why tell someone else to be disingenuine. if you're not feeling it you're not feeling it. so you can leave him. its not right to expect someone to be fake just so you can feel like its 'working'.

when two people really are feeling it there's a clingy quality to it. big deal. i say if you're in love be in love. the feeling dissipates quickly enough. like life. its ironic how much energy people spend trying not to feel all the things we feel in life. women are not emotional like other women men are not emotional like women men are not crazy like other men... you prove you can be close to a machine, then life's over. thats it. im not saying you're advocating not living life to its fullest. i just notice a lot of posts ten to be on how to be as little of your human self as possible for highest success rate.. success in what exactly. living like you're half dead.

im actually kind of envious of people who can just love fully and honestly without worrying about whats too much,.

its so hard for me to feel things fully i just think its such a gift.

i do think its horrible when anyone woman or man acts in complete dismissal of your feelings or boundaries. but that can happen with a clingy person or an aloof person or an asshole or a nice guy or anyone in between. i think as long as there's mutual respect, the rest of the adjectives dont pose a threat. and differences can be sorted out effectively and kindly :)

peopler are never just one way. i think the titles like clingy come mostly from incomplete communication,. if you communicate with a so called clingy person and they pull out a different side of themselves, then they are not a clingy person, they just behaved in a certain way at one point. we have many different sides.

we are not one behavior. the people who encounter problems are those who can not be flexible. its not so important to be able to #BE not clingy , as it is important to be able to #BE many many other things. in my opinion.

:-)

@mwin2030

Thank you :-)

You're most welcome! :)

I love clingy guys

lol those 4) and 5) exactly what happened to me XD

I like clingy. Especially jealous (to a reasonable degree) and blowing up my phone. To me it shows that he cares. But I am also a clingy person. As long as you find someone who feels the same way as you (both are clingy or both are not clingy) I don't think either one is a problem. It's just whatever works for each person.

me too, i'm the same and i like when my boyfriend is attached to me. Almost 5 years and going strong. He stays with me through thick and thin and he does give me my space when needed

Exactly like me

I like your view here. There is much about it I agree with.

I actually prefer clingy guys to the more typical emotionally unavailable self centered guys that most seems to be turning into these days

also, any type of guy have jealousy issues. in my experience the clingy guys have actually never been that way.

I think it's because it's annoying and embarrassing