7 Reasons Why You're Still Single

1. Being too picky

"Must have brown-skin, beautiful eyes, make more money than me, knowing at least 3 languages..."

2. Being too independent

Do you feel like you don't need anyone?

3. Not making enough effort

No one gives you the number of the person you will fall in love with.

4. Not knowing what you are looking for

You have to know what you want.

5. Being impatient

Let nature take its course.

6. The person you love may not love you back

You love someone once in a blue moon but the person doesn't love you back.

7. Still thinking about your ex

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 45

8th reason: Single and celibate by choice

Choice- You forgot a very obvious one

Lol nope sorry but those are none of the reasons ^^.

Tryd and was annoyed, so maybe the choice of asshole works for you? Eh to bad i like it

I'm single because no one wants me.

Number one and two are so spot on.

Although it could be reason 3 and 4, but it won't matter for me anymore.

8th Reason, I've already given up or had decided to give and realize it won't really matter anyway. Even sex is irrelevant and redundant to me, see reasons below.

9th Reason, what is the whole point of dating or relationships for someone if the heart, will or desire isn't there at all anymore?

It's kind of like you just stop investing time, effort and money in something you are no longer feeling any desire to commit to and care about anymore, and besides it really IS all just Hormones in our bodies and brains and therefore all a bunch of delusions and illusions. That's all that's really going on inside all of us causing us to desire someone else sexually or feeling the desire for sex. It's all lust and infatuation, but it won't last forever, so it's all completely big fucking lies. I rather save my money for other things instead of having to spend on shit like birth control and protection, so therefore I've been effectively celibate. Otherwise I would have just gotten a vasectomy first and then put in as much time and effort as possible to get laid, but it's just not something I thought I would do.

If I had ever wanted a traditional family and kids of my own, then I can see that dating and relationships would be worth the risk, the time, effort and money, and that was a very long time ago, when I was still optimistic and deluded and then when reality hit me things have completely changed me forever. Things had happened in my personal life that had changed my entire view of reality and our world altogether, and not in a good way.

And now my views now are ANYTHING BUT THAT and I DON'T ever want a family or children of my own, so it can not possibly work anymore. I've become too deep and melancholic for relationships or even dating to work since I don't have the will or desire to try anymore.

10th Reason, I TRUST NO ONE ANYMORE, at least no fully anymore.

11th Reason, It's just not my personal life goal, at least it never really was in the first place.

None of those apply to me at all. The reasons I'm single:
    1. I'm very shy & asocial (I have no friends).
    2. I'm unattractive in the face and I know it (been rated on this site with the highest score of 4).
    3. My teeth are bad and the cost of fixing them is $9,000.
    4. I'm bipolar and suffer from PTSD.
    So maybe it's not my fault at all, except for the teeth which is slightly my fault because I was homeless for 4 years and didn't have access to a tooth-brush, dental care or anything else.

I'm still single, and those don't apply to me. OK, maybe 2, 3 and 4, a little. I just see finding someone as something that may or may not happen. I meet very few single women these days.

8. You chose to be single.

Come on kid.

1-4 are definitely all me.

For 1 it's not as superficial as you might think. There's plenty of super attractive girls around but personality wise I don't like very many of them.

1. Travels too much
    2. Too many options
    3. Overly educated
    4. Ecletic
    5. Competitive
    6. Always right

i fall into the scott pilgrim mode.

Im single cause i can't find a career level job due to being fired from 3 jobs in a row, most women i meet are too young or mean and won't give me a chance, and im 31 years old and never had a girlfriend. I go sleep every night wishing my dreams would become reality but i wake up experiencing my current life with no quick way to fix it. I need help but no one seems to know or want to helo me.

ya the material thing has def gotten a lot worse, but its funny how u still see all these girls that are complaining with bfs with no jobs doing nothing... . irony... i feel ya though

hypergamy to the max.

I have all of these issues except 7 hahaha.

Well they aren't really issues, they're just reasons. They would only be issues if I was complaining about it.

I also want to add that #2 is the cause for #3. When you're independent and relatively happy with your life, why try so hard to find someone? What you get out of it isn't going to vastly improve your situation, it's purely about finding someone you want to give love *to* instead

you forgot the one that is most obvious: single not by choice. and they just dont like you.

I'm singly by choice.

I'm single because women choose their partners irrationally. Women want psychopathic bad boys, Tall jacked douchbags, six pack pretty players, rich high status men and loud mouth obnoxious bar clowns. Travis Beynon and Dan Bilzerian are the biggest chauvinists ever who treat women like garbage or like objects and get relationships and sex every day from hundreds of women.

Feminism killed the good caring respecting loyal nice guy. Focus on those qualities and you'll be single your whole life.

An people ask me why I hate women.

while true, not to the extreme that u put it. focus on ur major trait. and unless u are low in all categories and are trying to focus on things way out of ur field, which may be the real issue here, u will find a girlfriend who likes u for u in time. its not as bad as u make it out to be.

The greatest reason why many young men want to remain single is because of financial reasons. They feel that they are unable to provide for their family.

single and knocking out babies is two different things. u know having a girlfriend tied to u is going to dramatically icnrease ur sex right? ur saving on porn and hookers, strippers... all kinds of things. after a while girlfriend are cheap entertainment. u just need to make sure they dont turn into a factory and start spitting out babies.

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 17

Those are sensible reasons and I believe everyone can definitely relate to something among these items for their fair share of reasons. 😃

I think you lack something; where is the I'm-single-because-I-don't-care-about-dating-someone reason?

I'm single because I don't intend to prioritize dating at the moment.

I'm the combination of 2 and 3. Also 1, but not in the external clearly more superficial department... more in the personality department.

So yeah... Never gonna happen.

im single because of that one time in bangkok and now i have to get treatment for it

I think I am picky because the last guy I dated, I realized I didn't have any standards which led to all kinds of problems...

I'm single cause I want to be. I got no room for a SO at the moment. The only point I can agree with is the being too picky part... I am pretty picky.

I'm single because I'm not cute enough and I'm a weird piece of shit

These are good reasons to explain why someone is single. But none of them is mine.

I'm single because I got RBF and a low tolerance for dumb people.

I'm single cuz I'm too fabulous

the reason I am single is because I want to be

I'm everything except 2, 6 and 7. Fml lol

This mytake is bull shit, this is a mytake obviously bias against single people. These are all stereotypes of single people and these are not actually valid points. What was the point of this mytake?

Some of those true for me O. o

That's partially true.

I'm single by choice. I attract men but they're manipulative, have bad intentions, etc. I'm not going out with someone and putting my self respect on the back burner just to be with someone.

Reasons why I'm still single.
    1. I'm a bit of a home bird due to lack of funds.
    2. I'm too picky.
    3. I know what I want but have not found it yet.
    4. I like being more independent.
    5. I have a knack for attracting men who are already paired off.
    6. Other guys take a non verbal interest in me but will not act on it.

In my case. Is not because I want it is because the one I used to like does not like me back just as a friend. but also because imnot interesting enough for guys to even ask me out, they dont do that, they dont ask me out so that means they are not interested even if not that ugly. If I dont go out with guys because noone ask me out I can't go out with an invisible person to start get to know that person.