Dating in 80s: Look How Good You Have it Now Ladies!

I thought I'd remind all the lovely ladies, who are sometimes too critical of the men they date nowadays or the male population that is out there, that now, with online dating and the whole world basically gone digital, how much better their loves lives are! You CAN actually find the type of man you want to date, instead of wasting time complaining that there are no 'good' men out there. You can have access to millions of men instantly at your finger tips and yet somehow women still find ways to complain. The opportunities to find connections and partners are endless...the only limit is in the user themselves, Ladies.

We are out here - the good guys - you just have to stop being so judgmental and picky, and give real men a real chance.

Otherwise, just take a quick look at what you could've been dating if you were dating around 20-30 years ago...slim pickings.

Makes you want to count your blessings, no?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 10

• You know... the Viking was the most normal person in there. I'd date that guy. xD
    He speaks the truth!

• i'm not complaining

• This is the best thing I have seen

• Those yuppies like having fun!

• I'm a goddess! Lol that was hilarious!

• this video led me to another video about the "Dating Game" serial killer... creepy o_O

• Yes I saw that too - with the Rodney Alcala? He looks so evil it's chilling. He actually killed before he got on that show - and he won as Bachelor #1!

• @MonaAmour - IKR! thank goodness, the contestant had the mind NOT to go out with him. he must have creeped her out backstage.

• I don't see a huge difference other then a smaller selection and style and cultural difference.

To be honest a lot more of the guys in the 80s were probably looking more for commitment then one night stands then is the case now. They also seem more romantically inclined then present day men. I guess because in the 80s they had to work harder to get laid so they tried harder whereas now it's pretty easy for a half decent guy to get laid.

Granted I still would not want to live in the 80s. My mentality would not match a lot of people's mentality in the 80s so I would be even more of an oddball.

I think people in general should remember everyone is human so no one is perfect and you need to look at the good and bad in a person to figure if you want to be with them.

• Oh. My. God.

• "Fire breathing dragons" indeed...

• *goes hide in a closet forever* "eww men"

What Guys Said 10

• Haha, the flip side of that is women are more miserable than in the 80's. And it makes sense--too many choices. Once upon a time, we all would have to go out, go to a bar, cafe, bowling alley, whatever, and meet who we could meet.

Now, we have the illusion we can have our pick of millions of people... why settle for anything less than perfect, when that perfect man/woman, your soulmate, is just a click away...

Too many choices means we're terrified of making the wrong one, since there could be a "better" choice just around the corner.

• Valid points!

• its the globalization of human sexuality... they all think they can have the perfect man... if he exists, he thinks he can have all of them. but of course girls get so spoiled when they find him they spout ultimatums, demand he commit or no pussy for him... ruining their own chances and slimming his

granted the perfect man is still gonna get laid but wtf are you gonna do when all the girls want you but they all demand you commit. basically you can't have your cake and eat it too you can have just one piece before all of the other pieces get pissed at you and run off

• Wow. I lived through that time. I dated in that time. Just... yeah... no words...

• Takes you back eh? You must have some GREAT dating stories then, from the 80s - do share!

• Tell me this is a joke.

• bitches are spoiled these days... smh acting like you don't have good options...

• The issue of the females saying, "There are no good men left," is a result of their being a fat pig (the growing number of them, anyway, in the US) or because of their increased expectations, sure.

Females are attracted to a combination of resources, attractiveness, and social standing, in general. While today, women can obtain their own resources (and I'm by no means saying that's a bad thing, except it is for many men, that's well enough so women can have the choice to work or not), that devalues males.

Females no longer *need* the male's resources in many cases, which leaves only two real base options: attractiveness and social standing. This weeds many, many men out of their weight class and means they must dive down deeper into the 3s and 4s and 2s if they're a 5 out of 10.

For instance, a recent study or statistics thingy showed that women voted 80% of men as below average attractiveness. In other words, a woman with a 5 out of 10 attractiveness scale views another 5 male as a 3. So, she'll set her sights on an 7 or an 8.

This also means that women have an inflated sense of self worth. And, they're already given social worth simply because they have a vagina, while men must prove they have worth through actions.

Just think of rape or murder cases. If it's a male, even I find myself caring less than if it was a female. Everyone gets up in arms and torches flaring

I have no emotional stake in these concepts. I just call 'em like I see 'em. And obviously there are exceptions--probably many. But, I think these are the base biological drives. I'm not saying if this is a bad thing or a good thing completely, but I can't help but feel sorry for the lower valued men out there. Women have it as good as it gets, beyond equality, in my opinion. In some/most/I don't know how many things, at least. At least, where dating is concerned, women have the playing field--the pick of any prime piece of meat. Or, a much better pick than men have.

• Lol is there one with girls?

• Dad? Is that you?

• That was awesome.

• I miss the 80s

• Creepy as hell... no other words