How can I get girls if I'm under 6 feet tall?

I'm not very tall (5'10") so girls don't like me since they only want guys over 6 feet tall (like 6-3, 6-4, etc.).

How do I get them to like me despite my height? I can't think of any way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same height and I agree women only want good looking, tall guys. Some say that being 5'10 is tall really? My friend who's 6'2 is always bragging about women coming up to him. Wanna know how many women have come up to me? Zero. Just get some shoe lifts or I don't know act like a douche bag lol.

• AMEN!

• Trust me, there are so many racist innapropriate douches in my school and I do admit some of them are attractive. A couple even asked me out, but I said no because their personality like these kids named John and Dylan. So innapropriate. I am not saying I dont base relationships on looks too, I do a bit. But someone could be the most gorgeous guy and have a horrible personality and I wouldn't date them. I dont need a perfect supermodel, just a decent person with a big heart aha. I am sorry that a lot of girls believe they can et whatever they want.

• @Falling4UTC lol.

What Girls Said 21

• I'm 5'5", though my boyfriend is just about at 5'9". I'm sure it doesn't have to do with height. Put your personality on display, don't be afraid because if you aren't afraid, a girl may just step up and love you for who you are.

• Ok, no "hurr durr personality matters' stuff from now on. Nobody cares about personality.

• "I agree with the opinion owner."

Of course you do, because you're another one of the regular idiots on this website.

• hmm no wonder the asker is alone

• Hmm out of the 10 boyfriends I have had only 2 were over 5'10". The rest were shorter. Had I only known that they were unacceptable...

• Maybe the girls you're interested in are superficial, or maybe there's another problem that's not height related? I mean my dad is 6'2" but I've never once wanted to be with someone extremely tall. In fact tall guys kind of scare me.

My boyfriend is hardly 5'7", so I don't think your height is the major issue.

• "In fact tall guys kind of scare me."

That's retarded, but okay.

• Internet =/= real life, dumbass.

• This guy is extremely rude. You know asker, your ARE the person you act like behind closed doors (or on the Internet). Don't behave like this, who WOULD want a childish boyfriend like you are behaving?

• Maybe you should talk to girls who are 5'5" and under. Usually fairly short girls don't like really tall guys because it makes general tasks such as kissing difficult. Of course everyone has their personal preference though.

• "Usually fairly short girls don't like really tall guys"

Girls who are 5-5 to like 5-7 (short ones) seem to like really tall guys, so yeah.

• Alright. That's a matter of opinion I suppose. You must live with Amazon women who are all 6' tall.

• No, I barely see 6 ft tall women where I am (nor do I want to).

• You're a giant to me.

• Just like you would otherwise.
    I'm 5'7", my boyfriend is 5'6" and it's no big deal.
    I just think as long as the girl isn't "bigger" it's not hard to get used to.

• You can get girls you are average height. Maybe its not your height

• Apparently it is my height, among other things.

• The other things, bc your height is not an issue

• Date short girls. You're really not that short at ALL! You're not tall but not short. I dated two guys your height and one guy was 5'8" so as long as you don't like super tall girls you're fine. Another thing is if you carry yourself slumped over and insecure it will make you seem smaller so embrace yourself as is!

• Whoever said girls don't like guys who are 5'10 ? Or less than 6' ? Talk guys are nice, but it doesn't have to be over 6' for me to like a guy, or to find him attractive.. LoL :)

• Lol 5'10 is tall tho.. I am 4'11 I would date you because your way taller then me. .
    but it's not about height tho.. just get a girl that's 4'9 4'10 or 4'11..

• I'm 5'6. I don't mind about height as long as you're taller than me.

• haha ya you don't need to be 6 feet...5 10 is tall

• Maybe iys just the type of girls u r trying to approach

• I like guys around 5'10 I'm not very tall so it makes thing less awkward

• I don't know how tall my ex was, probably a few inches less than you, and I thought he was tall.

• oh, shut up. plenty of guys under 6 ft have gfs. you probably aren't that desirable in many other ways if you find it that difficult.

• 5'10 is tall.

• Not really its about average since 5'9 is average for male slight above. I'm 6 feet tall and still feel kinda short sometimes around girls who are 5'10.

• I'm 5'6 so you're tall to me.

• cute. ;)

• You're tall enough!

• Um 5'10 IS tall! I'd date you. I consider 5'10 and up to be tall. If I have to stand on my toes just to kiss you, I consider you tall and I'm 5'7 lol. I date guys who are 5'6 and up. But seriously, you have to be confident and just ask them out. We like it when guys approach us and are cute. YOU ARE TALL! Whoever told you you were short is an idiot.

• To be honest, you have to show confidence. You dont base yourself off of what girls like, you just go for it and be yourself! Whoever has standards like that about guys, they aren't even worth you. I am serious, not just saying this so I can get a most helpful, I just want to be helpful. Girls like that disgust me, trust me. Saying they want a guy a certain hieght, you can't have standards if its meant to be. You just have to live life and let the girls come to you, that is where you find happiness :)

• "To be honest, you have to show confidence."

Oh god, that's even worse than the "personality" thing.

• Your gonna realize the older you get the less people care about personality. Guys can give a rats butt about how confident a girl is.

• Sorry but everyone as struggles yours is no different. I want you to look up the name of a girl named Juliana Wetmore on YouTube that poor kid has struggles.

• I'm 5'2 and I like guys 5'10 and over :) I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Seriously? How the hell would THAT help to dissaude his worries? I googled this, and the average male height is 5'9" and the average female height is 5'4". The only remotely comforting piece of advice a person of average height can receive is that there are people of the other gender who are also of an average height - theoretically giving him a chance.

But NOW? A girl 2 inches below her gender's average has admitted her preference is one inch ABOVE the partner's average. Bottom line here is, I'm not going to judge you for having your preference, but I am going to be a pedantic fucker and make it clear that your comment is actually the LEAST comforting one on the whole page. Please don't tell him not to worry.

• Oh yeah I've definitely realised that recently! I can improve myself and will. Essentially, this height thing has just been a minor hiccup in that road, since it's one thing I can't control. But yeah I'm gonna do as much other stuff as I can.

• Great job! Good luck!

What Guys Said 14

• Do you live amongst giraffes? I don't see how your height is an issue for the majority of girls. The problem I see is that you may be prone to making excuses as to why girls don't just fall on your lap at the snap of a finger.

Girls don't only want guys 6'0''+. Maybe tall ones do. If you insist on using tall girls as the case study for your dating futility, you must be a glutton for misery and that mindset trickles down into everything you do.

• Calm yourself Dr. Assumption.

"The problem I see is that you may be prone to making excuses as to why girls don't just fall on your lap at the snap of a finger."

I'm not making excuses, nor do I want girls to fall into my lap at a snap of a finger (that sounds retarded). I'm simply working off things that I've heard girls saying (average sized girls and short ones). This is one of those things. It's a big one.

• Omg, Proof! (Source: @blabberingBimbofromTwitter)

Factz in ur face!

• Still counts!

• Lmao. All you need to do is be a decent person and find someone who likes your appearance and your personality and admires you. Typically it is easier if with your height, you look at 5'7" and below.

• Buy a mallet and hit them on the head and they will shrink to your size.

Either that or they'll call the cops I don't know but lemme know how it works out. Good luck

• If you're going after tall girls like 5'9-5'10 or taller they want a taller guy (usually). I'm 6 feet tall and I usually only get attention from shorter girls 5'10 girls want taller.

• Look up "short guy picks up chicks" he is SHORT but he uses it to his advantage with jokes and he still talks, gets their numbers and all

• Just ask her out...you are plenty tall.

• There's no "her" in specific, dude.

• "Dude" just go for it...you have nothing to loose. Just approach them and talk to them, you are letting your perceived lack of height slow you down.

• No thanks.

• Most people can't tell two inches so height isn't your problem.

• Apparently girls can because I hear them say they love guys "over 6 feet tall" all the time. It is one of many of my problems.

• u cant...manlets when will they learn. 6'2" master race reporting in.

• Damn!

• i just read some of ur comments on peoples questions, u are literally most butthurt dude i have seen. 30 to 35 telling people u can't get women since ur only 5'10". that is fine, thats above average, ur problem isn't ur height its ur complete butthurtedness about life and sucking at it.
      my reccomendation for curing ur EBD (extreme beta disorder)
      start going to the gym, blame a couple things on urself, find another person who is getting there life together at 35 years old. stop complaining

• I'm pissed off and proud of it! Sue me, b*tch!

Also, I'm 22, I didn't set the age thingy to my real age because who cares, really.

"ur problem isn't ur height its ur complete butthurtedness about life and sucking at it."

Woah, you diagnosed my problem so well. Good job, Dr. Freud Jr! Yep, that's definitely it.

"my reccomendation for curing ur EBD (extreme beta disorder)
      start going to the gym, blame a couple things on urself, find another person who is getting there life together at 35 years old. stop complaining"

I laughed so hard at this. You must be one of those internet "alpha male" tough guys, when in real life you're some degenerate junkie chav who barely graduated high school.

You're the last one who should be giving advice, m8.

• You can't , you might as well give up all hope.

• Not very tall...at 5'10" lol

You know what you do? Either stop whining or do what I'd prefer: keep whining so a fellow 5'10"-er has more options. If you act like a beta who is worried about being *gasp* a normal height, then your issue isn't your height.

Now, bring on the downvotes :D

• "If you act like a beta..."

LOL, internet "alpha male" tough guy again!

• Nope, those "alphas" are dumb as shit too. But that doesn't mean there aren't lame ass betas running around. But hey, at least you don't wear trillby's...right?

• Try being 5'6"! I was once on a dating site that was loaded with local girls. I n my profile I stated that I had a good job, house with a pool, a very nice car, and zero debt (i am good looking with a muscular/athletic body). I sent 20 to 30 messages to girls and maybe 3 answered back.
    I guess after they run out of 5'10"+ guys my phone will ring off the hook.

• Height? I'm 6-4 and I haven't even so much as touched a girl in almost 30 years.

• You may be homosexual, that's OK, you were born that way!

• LMAO and you couldn't be further from the truth. But it appears you don't like the truth anyway, so suit yourself, be happy!

• Height isn't your problem. Unless you're in eastern Europe (where everyone is super tall). Reading some of your responses...i bet it's your attitude. You come off as a dick in half of your responses when you don't hear what you want. You realize, They're genuinely trying to help you.

Truth is plenty of 6ft+ guys can't get women and plenty of 5-8 and under have hot GF's. I seriously doubt you're pleasant to any women. Be honest, how often have you had drink tossed in your face or been slapped for being too much of a sarcastic ass?

are you kidding me with this? you really think it's your height (something you can't control btw...) Next you'll complain because your too much of a "nice guy".

• "Unless you're in eastern Europe (where everyone is super tall)."

I'm from Eastern Europe (living in Canada), most people aren't that tall. Only in certain areas (Dinaric alps, etc.)

"You come off as a dick in half of your responses when you don't hear what you want."

I am a dick, I'm also bitter and a loser. But girls who I don't know DON'T KNOW THAT so it is IRRELEVANT. The first thing you notice about someone is their looks (which includes height).

"I seriously doubt you're pleasant to any women."

Idiot. I rarely talk to women, and when I do I'm as polite and nice as can be, doesn't work.

"Be honest, how often have you had drink tossed in your face or been slapped for being too much of a sarcastic ass?"

I don't drink or go to clubs.

"Next you'll complain because your too much of a "nice guy"."

Nope. I'm just a loser and I accept it.

• I wouldn't date a girl who prioritizes height. That is weird. It is also weird for guys to be uber-self-conscious about these kinds of things. Actually I don't like uber-self-conscious girls either.

• I think the simple rule is... girls like to be shorter than guys and guys like to be taller than them... but I have seen couples who do not care about such a thing... and they are completely fine in my book... I mean I don't see them any different. As long as you are a healthy height for your age...you are good.

At the end of the day height does not make a man. And there is more too being a man than chasing some vagina. An actual woman who is worth your time will never judge you based on your height.