My girlfriend hates the way I dress but I love it. She will break up with me if I don't change. Any suggestions?

what should I do? My gf wants me to dress differently and I love the way I dress. I get a lot of attention and most girls seem to dig it so what is the issue?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are a walking faux pas, then yes you need to change your wardrobe. Many websites have fashion advice for men that is suiting for your body type and style. If it's fine and gets compliments, then try to tell your girlfriend that this is you, and you're not going to change. She should respect you and like you for you. If she breaks up with you for that, then she's not the right girl for you.

• You were among 2 people that were not sheep and another was on the fence. Glad to see a free thinker here.

What Girls Said 15

• Fuck a bitch who doesn't let you dress the way you like.
    If she does dump you over that the good riddence!

• No one should change who you are. If you love how you dress and you're confident being you don't change that for the world!!! She just isn't right for you...stop wasting time and find someone who appreciates you.

• If you really love the way that you dress and she will go as far as to break up with you because you won't change it then honestly you're better off without her.

• Don't change for anyone. If she really loves you she wouldn't care about the way you dress.

• Can you compromise and maybe change just some things?

• Well honestly she shouldn't have even gotten in a relationship with you hoping to change certain things about you. Stay true to yourself and if she doesn't like it then she isn't the right girl

• Maybe she wants you to change your style for you keep on attracting a lot of girls when you already have her. She feels possessive about you.

For the break up part, she's just testing you to get a certain answer.(which I don't know for I'm not her) We girls tend to over think, you know. She's just saying that to be sure of something if you'll pick her or something/body else.

• Well it is hard to say if we don't know how you dress.

• Mostly yoga pants and half shirts with really cool headbands.

• haha thank you.

• Ignore the update smart one :)

• Ask what she would prefer

• @ you. Ignore the update :P

• 😂 don't patronize me!

• I am doin my Damndest not to :P

• Let her break up with you or better yet dump her. She's being petty.

• She feels insecure about you finding someone better.

• Tell her to get over herself and if she can't, dump her!

• LET HER BREAK UP TO YOU. Wow, why is she such a bitch.

• Let her break up with you. Dress how you want to dress. She's being shallow.

• you should be who u are. dont ever change yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• Smash her one last time before tell her you're bored of her. Drop her dude. She's way too possessive and controlling. Probably even jealous.

• I can't see why she got with you in the first place if she so vehemently hates they way you dress.

I guess you gotta decide if your style matter a lot to you or not...

• Shallow? More like superficial. Tell her to go eat shit and if she doesn't tell her you will break up with her

• So it really is no big deal to wear half shirts with yoga pants? Cool man thnx

• Sounds to me like you dress like a straight up queer but if that's what you like sure buddy

• You got that right!

• If she'd actually break up with you for the way you dress, she ain't worth it