She called me her boyfriend when someone hit on her? what does it mean?

I was hanging with this girl (who's been off and on with showing interest) and we walked into a Wawa. some old creepy dude started hitting on her, and she said to him "Thats my boyfriend" (referring to me)

I also agreed with her and said "yeah man thats my girlfriend, sorry"

anyway is this generally a good sign? her saying first, that im her boyfriend? i never asked her to be exclusive by the way (at least not yet)

• she likes you
  • doesn't always mean she likes you/other (post what)

Most Helpful Girl

• It means she didn't want to be hit on. Nothing more.

What Girls Said 4

• voted B... she didn't want to be hit on by the creepy dude... she told this just to be more secure

• It doesn't mean she likes you as more than a friend, it's more like she trusts you and used that to make the guy back off

• it could be both, really. She could like you but it can also mean that she was not interested in being hit on by an old creepy man.

• It could go either way really... I've said to guys that my male friend is my boyfriend just so he would leave me alone. I've even gone as far as saying one of my female friends was my girlfriend to get a guy away. Or it could be she actually likes you and wants you to know up front she's not talking to anyone but you. You should just ask her what she meant by it. Just pop it up in a conversation one day.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't read into it too much. It's neither a good nor bad sign, just that she didn't want to get hit on by the creeper.

Totally should've gone in for a kiss on the cheek just to freak her out though. "That's right babe" ;)

• It doesn't change what you already know. If you weren't relationship material at all to her, she probably wouldn't have said something like that. But if she's already shown signs of interest, pretending that you're her boyfriend isn't a big move. If this happened recently, though, you can use it to your advantage to find out her feelings. Bring up that incident in such a way that she makes clear what it means.

• Can go both ways... either she didn't want to get hit on or she's interested. In my experience, it's usually the former... huhuhu *cries*

• She was just trying to get rid of the creepy guy, and was hoping you would help. She might like you, but this doesn't mean anything.