How can I talk to this girl on Facebook I barely know?

I have her as a friend on Facebook, but we never really spoke to each other. I just kind of know her from high school and basically everyone added each other when they were in the same class. I'm in college now and she's also there but not in my class.
So I feel like I don't really have anything to say after I say "Hey".
She does like some pictures of me, does that mean anything?

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe while chatting you could ask her about what she's studying ask her if she has any pets things like that. On the thing how she liked some of your photos I don't think it means much if there pictures of you she probably thinks your attractive.

• Yeah it are pictures of me, and I think her ex kind of looks like me..
      Anyway I think I'll get there but just the first 3 sentences are hard for me.

What Girls Said 4

• having an admirer is flattering, since you two have common pals that would be even better. If you really like her you can send her a message and just start with a simple introduction, just refresh her mind about you, and just engage in conversation and keep it going, let your presence be felt.

• her liking your pictures may be a sign for you to not be afraid of rejection when you're wanting to start a conversation with her. im guessing she may be interested in becoming friends with you. I usually start a conversation with new people by saying "hey, i see you around a lot at school, do you wanna be friends?"
    You could say something like that or think of a topic to talk about like what courses she's taking or talk about old teachers in high school.

• Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna try it tomorrow when she's online.

• just tell her that youve seen her around and that it would be cool if you guys were friends since you guys went to high school and such

• I'm actually in a similar situation lol I had class with him last year but we barely spoke. I want to talk to him but I wouldn't even know where to start since I don't know if he even remembers me and if might be random.

I think it's good that she liked your pictures. She's acknowledging you so it won't be random if you start talking to her.

School is really the best subject to start a conversation. College is something you both have in common so after you get past the Heys talk about that.. How's college? what's your major? what do you want to do? etc.

• Thanks, I will try it:)
      And for you I know a lot of guys actually like it when a girl approaches a guy, it really makes them feel good.

• I've heard that a lot actually. I'm just really shy and have never taken the first step to talk to a guy so I'm kind of scared.

I hope it works out for you! :)

What Guys Said 3

• That means that she will talk to you.
    You just need to relax your self.
    Message ~ hello! How are you? Thanks for the likes on my pictures. Its been so long i haven't heard from you. Why don't we talk while studying in the same college and stuff. Just be open and talk like you are talking to anyone else.
    She definitely talk and message.
    Best of Luck Buddy :)
    Go and win her" ;)

• you should definitely talk to her in College first, try to recount old funny situations to make her remember you, then u can continue the relationship in both levels

• Yeah more people said that, however a good friend of mine had so many girls and he almost always started on social media. Also there's the summer vacation right now and I dont want to wait much longer.

• Don't start to get to know her over Facebook. Talk to her in person first, and DON'T rush.

• It's kind of hard to get in contact with her in person. As the summer vacation is here now. But thanks anyway