Why does tinder hate me?

I joined tinder about a week ago and swipe right around 50 times per day. So far, I've only had 19 matches. One of my pics is the one I've got on here. Yes it's a little desperate and slutty, but is it really that unattractive? Most of my friends (most of whom are Caucasian) get over 200 a day and they don't even have to have a necessarily 'sexy' picture. Just a normal one of them smiling or with friends. I tried that at first but I got like two matches out of 200 swipes.

Also I'm a few weeks short of being 18 so I still only get the 17 and under guys on my tinder. I'm guessing once I'm 18 it'll be even harder to get matches.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey girl. I like ur pic! I dont think it's too slutty. If anything I might go a little sluttier... I mean it is tinder ya know? Not sure if ur friends are getting more hits cause they're Caucasian? Maybe. Keep ur head up it's only guys haha <3

What Guys Said 11

• Not unattractive. Maybe it looks like you're desperate as you described and that's a turnoff.

• Only 19 matches?

Quit complaining, some people get less than that. It's not a competition, or is it to you?

• don't worry we'llbeat up this bad tinder that hates you.

• Don't know, but you are a pretty gal. Keep at it, lots of guys would be THRILLED with you!

• try for a diferent picture that is less.. seductive... something more cute, you are beautiful is just a question of finding the right pict

• You are definitely attractive.. The pose your in may intimidate some guys, or seem do desperate as you yourself put it... But you are attractive no doubt. I would say just smile maybe and look into the camera.. Have a friend take the picture for you

• Don't use Tinder... go out and meet people, same with your friends. Life doesn't start on the computer/phone

• Its because of your age i would think

• You can't find someone good to bang on a social media site while some of your friends can.

Life must be sooo hard...

• Why would it be harder once you reach 18? There would be a lot more guys over 18 on there than guys under 18. Is 19 matches not enough... what are you planning...

• 19 matches is just fine, but it's a little confusing when most girls who are average looking like me get like 50 matches an hour. And I feel like guys 18 and above's standards are higher than that of a teenagers (just in my experience). It doesn't matter that there are more guys over 18 because I'm still going to see the same amount of people on tinder regardless unless there are only like ten guys in my area under 18 (which there aren't). But good point.

• Perhaps your friends haven't been entirely honest? (Either on tinder, or perhaps exaggerating to you - just speculating.) I've never used it myself, I think guys need to be quite good looking for it to be worthwhile.

• Haha if you haven't used tinder then I can see how 19 would sound like a lot but if really isn't. That means that 19 out of around 400 people you found hot think you're hot.

• People with sexy pictures are usually spam accounts.

• I have a lot of normal pictures as well. Just main one is the one I have on here.

• Doesn't make sense to me, because guys just swipe right without even looking. Once I changed my gender from male to female in the settings, just to see how the guys look like, and I got a lot of matches.

• Plus, you look pretty.

What Girls Said 2

• at least you got 19, you could also try other dating programs and I didn't know that you could be under 18 on tinder, cool.

• probably because you're under 18
    and on tinder
    you're jail bait