What do girls consider to be a tall guy?

I always hear girls say they like a guy who's tall, but I'm curious what y'all consider tall. I'm six feet even, which makes me taller than most girls, but not exceptionally tall compared to other guys. I always feel like girls really want the guys who are like 6'4" or 6'5".

Most Helpful Girl

• To me 6ft or over is tall. It's a good height for a man to be.

What Girls Said 19

• I consider 6' to be average, honestly. I know real average is 5'9 but 6' is pretty standard by me. My dad is 6'2 and I guess I'm used to his height. My uncle is 6'8. I consider him to be quite tall. Too tall. I couldn't date someone that tall. 6'6 is how tall my boyfriend is. You wouldn't think those two inches world matter, but they do. But he has a spine issue and if it were straight he'd be 6'9. They grow 'em tall by me. I'm sure the average person would consider 6' to be a fine height. When I'm not in my hometown 6' is really tall.

• Wow, 6'6"! How tall are you? I know 6-footers don't really stand out, which is why I want to gain muscle to make girls take notice.

Let me ask a personal question: does your attraction to taller guys have anything to do with wanting a guy with a bigger penis?

• wow your family have a good genes

• And I didn't get any of them :/ lol

• It's relative to the height of the woman honestly. I'm only 5 foot, so a man who is 5'10" or more seems tall to me. 6' is probably close to the average height of a man, a little taller. Most woman appreciate a man who is tall when they are tall themselves, but we can see a lot of men as being TOO tall. I would say 6 foot is in the "ideal" height range.

• Thanks! From what I read in the nationally collected data, the average male height in the US is about 5'9". A male who is 6' is in the 80th percentile of guys. I don't really feel that tall, though, nor do I feel like I stand out, which is why I asked this question.

• It's tall. Like I said, for some women, it's very tall. For a woman who is 6' herself, 6'3 and over is tall.

• 6'0" and over is tall to me.

• 6'0" is a good height. I'm 5'2" so dating someone taller could get awkward lol

• Tall to me is about 6'3 and over. 5'10 to 6'2 is just moderately tall.

• Depends on where in the world you live.. and how tall the girl is and in personal preference.

if you live more to the north 6' is average so anything above it, is considered tall
    if you live more to the south 5'7" is average and 6' you're practically gifted! cause all others are super small.

For me personally
    5'9-6'2 is tall
    above this is too tall
    below this is too short... in my opinion

• 6ft and up. But I'm also 4'11 soooo hahah (:

• 5'11" is JUST making it into the tall category.

• 6 ft and up

• Like tall men, but height doesn't bother me

• Tall for me is 5'10+

• I'm 5'10" I would consider anything 6' and above "tall"

• I'm 5'2 so I consider 6 feet pretty tall. My ideal is 5'9 to 6'2 though.

• since im already short everyone already towers me but still personally I consider tall to be 6 feet and up.

• I would guess that "tall" would mean taller than the girl asking.
    But honestly, if she is deciding if you are dateable by your height (and/or other physical features) alone... not worth it... those girls are too caught up in their image to care about you for you... you'd just be another accessory to them

• I agree, but guys have to have something that attracts girls or We'll always be overlooked. Usually guys who are taller or with broad shoulders get the most attention.

• From my experience that's rare. In most cases it seems like guys need some physical attributes that attract girls. Broad shoulders, height, muscle... something.

• I guess I am a bit weird but I dont mind :)

It might be a bit awk to date a guy shorter than me... so that might be one thing I would consider... I guess I am just one of those girls who cares much more for personality than looks. But to each their own, ya know?

• 6ft is what I'd say is 'tall'

• I'm pretty 5'6 so I consider 6'7 to be pretty tall.

• for me personally as someone of 5.2ft, 6' is tall.

• Where I'm from, I'd say 6'2 plus. But it's a heavily german settled area where most people are above average American height.

• Anything over 6'1
    ..6'1-5'9 is average

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know, I'm 6'2" so I consider myself only moderately tall.

• On average women say their ideal is 8 inches taller than themselves. So yeah, for most women ideal is going to be a few inches above you. Having said that you are in a better position than the average guy, and you don't need to be ideal, just better than the competition, so I don't think you need to worry haha.

• No, the average American woman is 5'4", so I'm exactly 8 inches taller than the average girl.

• On average, 6'0" is minimum height to be considered tall

• i wish i'm at least 6'1" or more to be considered tall by most women... i really hate my height

• 5'9 5'10 is average. I'd say 6 up is tall. but in 10 years 5'11/6 will be average. And 6'3 up will be tall. You better be playing basketball at nearly 7' or that's a waste of height