Why do men put women down?

This guy i was seeing for a while, was, very mean to me. He would say things that would bring my confidence down. Like, for example that he is too good for me, and would say things like, you need me, i'm the only one who listens to you, almost trying to make me feel less, to make him feel better. He said i wasn't ''worthy'' of being take out on a date, he was really critical and not supportive... he thought he was better then me because he had a uni degree and i don't... why are some men like that

Most Helpful Guy

• I've said it before and I'll say it again. These dudes just got done reading the Asshole's Handbook. "In order to exert control over your girlfriend you must first make her feel insecure. To do this; make nasty remarks which will damage her self esteem".

What Guys Said 6

• Because they have a special GENE in them which is called JERK
    Such men are rare and should be avoided at all costs and if you see them with someone, it is your civic duty to warn the person

• By reducing your self-confidence, he increases your self-doubt, and makes you think that no one will love you except for him. It's a way of keeping you under his control.

• By putting you down he thinks he can make himself more attractive to you by exerting asshole confidence. Now it's up to you to not fall into the same trap many others have before you.

• Some men and some women are assholes who manipulate and emotionally abuse others. I don't know why, but they do. They are assholes. The only advice I can give is to remove them from your life.

• two words: Emotional Abuse

• It has nothing to do with being male and everything to do with being in power. Generally abusive behavior.

What Girls Said 4

• How did he even get that close to you?
    We all say things that are stupid when something has upset us, but that's an attack.
    Be careful of what kind of people you allow access to your mind. People can be toxic.
    I think we girls are beyond mean to one another sometimes.
    Avoid this guy. He is harming you.

Negative people are not allowed near me.

• Have you ever heard the saying "whoever tries to bring you down, is already below you" he can only make you feel worthless with your consent. People who try to make you loose yourself confidence thrive on it, its like oxygen to them, so remain confident, keep your head help high, and it'll take his" breathe away"

• Obviously their male ego is stuck in their dicks.

• Because he is insecure