What to do if he forgets about date night?

The guy I've been dating for over 3 months (nothing official yet) forgot that we made dinner plans last week. We planned this a week in advanced. Plus, it was his idea to try out this restaurant. On the day of, I texted him to see if we were still on for that night. He replied, "I wish! I'm at my parent's house for the weekend" with no apology nor any means to make it up to me. Although this was the first time he forgot, I'm mad at him. This makes me think he's starting to not care about me. Or I'm just every other crazy chick obsessing over this.

Most Helpful Guy

• He didn't even apologize? Wow, what a prick! If I were you I would be plenty pissed and would expect an apology and him saying he would make it up to you! You're not a crazy chick for obsessing over this. You have every right to be pissed off at him. If a girl I was dating pulled this I would feel as you do. I would have a talk with him and explain how you feel. If he dismisses your feelings dump him like radioactive waste and find a man worth your time! If he apologizes and shows understanding and is considerate of your feelings give him another chance.

What Guys Said 5

• You do what you want to do. And if I am psyched about a date, I am not forgetting it. Also wasting my time pissed me off more than anything. The fact that he didn't apologize on top tells you what he is.

I would move on. And yes he is going to tell you you are crazy for moving on because of this... but if you don't stand up for yourself now, guess what is going to happen?

• i don't think i would forget about a date. There's something there like you suspect. Hang out with him and see if he is reacting any differently than the last 3 months. Patterns show up - if he does something like this again he could be sending hints (immaturely that is) of his disinterest. Nothing set in stone though so don't overreact until you know for sure.

• Sounds like he got what he came for and is too cowardly to break up face-to-face.

• I can understand your feelings, the girl i was dating, forgot about a cinema date, that we planed a week before or so, i was really mad at her for a week (avoided her and her texts) or so but after that i realized that i cared about her to much, and it was much worse not talking to her. I exlpained her the situatation and she apologised for hurting me, she was having a really hard week (one of her dogs got really ill ) and completly forgot about it, after that i feelt like shit >-< . Try to talk with him about your feelings, maybe he got problems or its worried about something, dont judge him too harshly.

• Sticky notes.

What Girls Said 0