Could you date someone who works every single weekend including holidays?

I might be getting a pretty sweet job with good pay to buy a house and finally move out, but it will be every weekend, like Saturday to Tuesday with 3 days off. I have this schedule now and I don't have time for friends outside work since they have weekends off. Is it hard to find a girlfriend with this kind of schedule?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I could if I loved him, but I wouldn't like it and I'd try to get our schedules to work together

What Girls Said 32

• well yes of course, we would work around that and find days where we could both be off or make time for each other.
    if a girl really isn't establishing herself as your 'everything', then i think it should be fine. a lot of girls get into relationships thinking that theyre now a man's entire life, which is absolutely SELFISH. a girl with a head on her shoulders understands that a man has a life in which he balances many things. pick one like that and life will b easy.

• @JustBanANNAz -- well said, I completely agree!

• and for the 0.1% left, well they're usully LDR's. And well, they tend to not work unless you can meet within a year's time. Even if they can be really fun. In fact, despite the ridicolously high probability of failing, i recomend them. Take it seriously, and it will make you mature a lot, meaning you're more ready for serious dating. And hell, might be lucky enough to make it work. In that case, you're in for one hell of a tearjerking moment when you finally meet the person.

But now i'm rambling. In short, keep the phone away unless you have to. And when you HAVE to, there are better means. Like Skype cam chatting and so on. The only use of phones in my opinion is for teasing in prepration of a specific event (like when intening to surprise your partner, meeting your ldr SO for the first time and so on), for planning events, and for things that simply can't wait (important shit, that WILL affect your life)

• I dated a guy who worked in mining with a 3 weeks on-site, one week home rotation... and yes, it will not be easy on either you or the person you're seeing. But if you like the girl enough, chances are you'll keep enough in touch to make it work, especially in the initial stages.

That said, if you're looking to find someone new on your three days off, you might want to consider moving online (I know people have this attitude towards it but you can save yourself a decent amount of time compared to chatting up people in bars etc.)

• i couldn't right now because my weekday schedule is too demanding because i'm still in school. if i worked a normal 9-5 job and didn't have to study, it would be fine! i just need someone who has time on weekends for me since i have classes and studying during the week. but i think for most people with a normal work schedule, it should be fine. :)

• I am and will always be a slave to my job. So I would understand.

• That sounds terrible. What do you do?

• I'm with you @jackkerouac77. I'm more of a people person. @prettygurl12, I do respect people that make that choice though.

• I interact with people all the time at work. I get way more than enough social interaction there.

• If you can see them after or before work or if you make good money you will find somebody who wants to date you.

• Yeah, I would.

It would be nice if I could see you most of the week, but you have ambitions and you're going somewhere in life- so I would respect and admire that you're busy most of the time. I'd appreciate the time you made for me.

• I work six days a week, so I would understand. I'd give it a chance. I would worry that it wouldn't work out, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to try and make it work. I've had trouble meeting guys with my schedule. I work shift work Mondays to Saturdays. I've yet to meet a guy who understands.

• I love a guy who works and is dedicated to giving himself a good life. If I was dating someone and we didn't have the same shifts i would hang out with him either after I'm done with work or he is. I don't see that it would be a bad thing unless you go after girls who have to have their weekends planned specifically

• Well I'm a nurse and we don't have weekends or holidays off but I still get to get wild after work :) even if it is at 1 am I still go out. :D

• Find a girl with a similar schedule

• Yes, I would. I would totally understand that he needs money and if he doesn't work he can't get the money.

• It would suck... But since I alreAdy do work weekends and holidays then I guess it would work for us...

• I work weekends, weekdays and holidays so I could deal with my partner doing the same.

• The traditional banker's schedule (M-F 9-5) is going the way of the dinosaurs. Even banks have extended their hours to evenings, weekends and some holiday hours. Don't make career sacrifices at your age. You have plenty of time for relationships.

• I wouldn't want people to make allowances for me or change their schedule, I would just let them get on with whatever they want to do and work around it

• I work 12-13hr shifts and my bf is a district manager and sometimes doesn't come home til 2am. The only day we have off together is Sunday but we make it work.

• sure, no problem. I've never worked a 9-5 monday-friday job. always flexible. as long as we're still able to spend some quality time together, everythings fine. (:

• u have three days off who cares if it a weekend or not. it will be ur weekend. finding a good paying job is hard these days.

• No. Its nearly impossible to find a girl that is compatible for your work-life there would be no dates!

• I always work weekends so that's not a problem, there are other days in the week to hang out and do things. I don't think it would be hard to find a girlfriend to adapt around your schedule

• It'll honestly be frustrating at times but not a huge turn off. One guy I knew worked every other weekend and planning shiz with him was like trying to learn another language.

• Yes. I'd do it

As long as they're willing to work out some time to talk to me, or to spend with me during the day, even 5 minutes a day.

• After I finished schooling... yes. Right now, we'd never see each other.

• Well you're available after work right? Try surprising a girl after, or just picking her up from her job. You can work with that schedule is all on you, and on the person you're interested on! :)

• Absolutely. If I love the guy as long as I get to see him I'm happy.

• If you love an care about them enough when they work shouldn't matter at least you get have them in your life.

• I have the same problem with you and I don't think iit's hard to find a girl friend. There will be someone has schedule like yours and you will find the way

• It means they are making money so hell yeah

• I am a serial dater = yes, the less commitment, the better.

• I have found that when two people want to be together, they will MAKE time and make it work. Period.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 16

• sure just in order to learn who her boss is and give him a good beatdown.

how much of an asshole is someone who forces other people to work in weekends and holidays?

• Agreed it's difficult but consider this a wonderful filter for fair weather friends, so that maybe this will be difficult but gathering friends that can tough through such a tough schedule. Since those nights are not popular, look forward to date nights w/o the crowds and saving time shopping around town. A new adventure.

• You're a young guy in a world that is really difficult for people to find work, especially a job they love. Take the job, worry about what it means for your social life later. The right girl will be able to make it work with you,

• don't know dude, depends on the girl.

I guess if it pays enough, who gives a shit? We all sell our souls when we work for the man anyways.

• If I love her then I can compromise on everything.

• I work as a security guard and am required to work on holidays and weekends to patrol diffrent accounts my employer owns. I usally work 4 to mjdnight on Saturday and 4 to 11 at njght on Sunday. I also work Monday and Friday at a college campus from 11 pm to 7 am and get call in during the week. I also work during every holiday of the year. I do have a gf right now but took a long time to find her 3 years top. Maybe it be less demanding when i get your diploma in crimnal justice.

• When I first got married, the wife worked most, weekends while I worked m-f. It was not an enjoyable experience

• Certainly it won't be as easy to find a girl and the number of dates will go down. But, if you are in the stage of your life where you are building your future, building wealth and career, tha you will probably be more concerned with QUALITY mayes rather than QUANTITY. It's not a fun choice but it sounds like you're ready to make some mature choices. Good luck!

• Never again...

• At least you have three days off, just find a girl who is willing to accept your job.

• Yeah, weekdays are FAR more convenient for me.

• She'd understand me best for I'm in a similar situation myself.

• Hell no... weekends are good for fun/partying.

• some people have to deal with work like that. relationships, find times that both have off together.

• If I got her paycheck and morning head I would.

• If she is worth it. I would stay with her, even if it is hard to be together.