Would you date a cosplayer? Do you cosplay? If so, why do you like to do it?

I keep my cosplaying secret, except my two best friends. I think I look good, but I worry that people still think cosplay is weird. Would you date someone who cosplays?
The reason why I do it is because, I feel like a lot of people kind of stereotype me in a certain way because of how I look and act, but I can escape that when I cosplay and I can be whoever I want. Also, I don't like being the center of attention because I am afraid of people looking at me sometimes... but in costume, people aren't looking at me, they're looking at the character. It's freeing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't hide it.

I know plenty of girls who cosplay and are in committed relationships. As long as its not a hobby that completely dominates your life and takes over who you are, its completely fine. Some guys might even find it a turn on! Oh, and the girls I know, quite a few of their boyfriends have taken up a bit of cosplaying themselves to support their girlfriend at comic-cons or conventions or what not. It becomes a fun activity you can do together!

What Guys Said 5

• I would love to date a cosplayer. I've never cosplayed, but I would if it went with my girlfriend's character

• 1. Sure
    2. No

• I don't cosplay, but cosplaying certainly isn't a reason to not date someone.

• YES YES YES I love cosplay and no I didn't do it but I've been to comic con and seen it

• I would. I don't cosplay but I might if I had a gf who did it.

What Girls Said 0