Is it alright to buy a prom date?

It's my senior year of high school and I don't have a girlfriend. Prom is still pretty far away, but I don't want to go alone. My friend told me about this website called Prom Date Depot where you can just buy a prom date. I'm a little embarrassed to do this, but I think I'd be more embarrassed to go to prom by myself. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol. I didn't know the guy I went to prom with, he was a friend of my friend's boyfriend and we talked online and then I was like "frick, I don't have a date, wanna go with me?" so we met each other for the first time in prom night, it was pretty hilarious, but wouldn't trade it for anything, it was better than going with a proper bf.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that you should ask one of your friends who are girls to go with you.

• i think you should just go with a friend.. or ask someone. I'm sure you can get a date and not have to buy one.. lots of gurls don't get asked.. so just ask someone :). and maybe ull have a girlfriend by then.. school just started

What Guys Said 4

• You could just not go. I never went and I've never looked back. Its expensive and a hassle anyway. If you're thinking its an important milestone in your life all I gotta say is you should make your own milestones. They are YOUR milestones after all.

• I find it hard to believe you can't find one good friend to take, or at least haven't asked a girl beforehand? It certainly couldn't have been all that hard. I'm completely against you buying one. Not only will you feel cheap and worse as the night goes on, but you'll always have to look back at how you "bought" your attempt at a social event. Avoid the trouble and start asking your regular girl friends.

• Well there's one thign to cosnider: will anyone fidn out? because that could be embarrasing for a long time. I persoanlly wouldn't jsut because it would feel weird. I don't think I would go, but I enver really got much into high school events newayz. You just have to consider if you think you'll have a good time and if ther ewould b ne negative consequences and make your decision.

• honestly dude even if you're not romantically involved with a girl, just go as friends then. I guarantee you not everyone has a boyfriend/girlfriend the exact moment that prom comes around so a lot of people just go as friends. Have fun with it, prom isn't supposed to be something nerve-wracking, it's supposed to be something fun for the 4 years you've worked hard in highschool.