Is it OK to call a guy you are dating "babe" or "baby"?

I been dating a guy now for about 3 weeks and I sometimes feel like I wanna add something flirty like "babe" to my text messages ^_^

However I don't know if it's appropriate or not. He sometimes calls me "love" when we text but that's about it. He's been going through a rough time with studies and I just wanna send him something cute like "thinking of you babe" but yeah.. I don't know if it's right to say it to someone who's not actually my boyfriend yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i think that's cute when girl calls a guy "Babe" or "Baby" that's
    so sweet of them.. I have a female friend calls me Babe i have no
    complaint about it.. I had another girl i loss contact with she would
    call me Babe all the time too.

What Guys Said 5

• Anything not involving "bae" is ok with me. GTFO with that "bae" shit, haha.

• I've always felt that those kinds of "generic" pet names for each other are juvenile and annoying. If you're going to call me something other than my name, give me a unique pet name/nickname that has a story behind it that is unique to me.

• it depends on the guy but I'd be cool with it. it's a term of endearment. that being said , I wouldn't want to be called bae. That's such a turn off :(

• If you two aren't officially together then maybe it's a little too personal

• I like it personally, it makes it feel like she cares about me a lot.

What Girls Said 7

• If he has 'Sometimes calls me "love," then follow suite, XRabbitHeartX. He already has started it so he won't be surprised when You------Say It to someone who's not actually my boyfriend yet.
    Calling him these pet names like "Babe" on your end, may send messages to him that you are trying to be "More" than Affectionate, like getting into something more serious and he himself may not find It-----Appropriate.
    Don't chance it. Either call him "Love' or even "Sweetie' is okay... I call everyone that.
    Good luck. xxoo

• It depends on his personality but if he's calling you "love" then I don't think there's a problem. Babe is a harmless term of endearment.

• What is his personality like? If he is conservative. I would leave out babe and just say "thinking about you".

• He's a very relaxed and free spirited guy. We are also very comfortable around each other and have been intimate too. So I don't know if that makes it more acceptable.

• It won't hurt! It shouldn't be an issue then.

• Guys love it

• I haTed when guys would that to me at an early stage of a relationship to me I think that's being clingy but it's up to u... i probably say this cause I'm not an affectionate person

• I think its ok. if you don't wanna say babe or baby you could say... hun, my dear, or handsome. it might brighten his day.

• in my opinion, if he's calling you "love", then i think it should be fine to call him "babe".