My girlfriend won't let me take care of her. Why?

When we began dating, I wasn't around. I didn't spend a lot of time together. Our first date didn't happen until 4 months in the relationship. All of our conversation is over text. I work a lot and I think my absence probably made her think I wasn't interested. We're on track right now and she was admitted to the hospital for anorexia. I didn't know this and wouldn't have unless her friend hadn't called me last week. She's been in the hospital for over two weeks. She needs help for a few months getting back on track and I've opened up my home for her. She declined. Help? I really want to be there for her. I know I haven't been lately.

Her parents are really in no position to help her right now. She can't really afford to pay for a clinic right now either. I just want to be there, but I don't think she trusts me anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless she has some type of help from a professional
    no matter how much you are there to help her you can't
    get your self sick over her just cause she doesn't want
    your help.. i believe your girlfriend will do what she wants
    you can offer all the support in the world but unless she
    wants to work with you helping her and working things out
    it's not gong to happen.. i believe your girlfriend is severely
    depressed , sad and when they are like that there isn't
    much you can do , only professional people can help your
    girlfriend no one else..

What Guys Said 5

• Don't worry anorexia is a mental disorder they don't want anyone's help people with that disorder are very stubborn and think they are fat that's how they see themselves regardless of what others say its really sad to be honest. Don't take it personally they don't want help from anybody.

• She's embarrassed and doesn't want you to see her like that, or she doesn't feel comfortable enough with you to live with you.

• Embarrassment.

• I don't even know my friend.. I don't even know

• Few humans really want others around when seriously ill.

What Girls Said 5

• i think she needs her family right not, anorexia is a tough thing because it's caused by the peer-pressures of society, to be "skinny" and "pretty", people are very very mean and they will outcast and bully everyone over "popularity", they do the things celebs and the media tell them is the "ideal" things to do, so people try to change you instead of accepting you... they pick and prodd, bully you and torment you for as long as they can... they will make lies up about you, make you feel as low as possible in yourself to make you cave into them... it's a very sick world... people are sick in their minds mentally... so they do not care what they do is wrong.

I think the least thing she wants is to be around you right now because her self-esteem and confidence will be so incredibly low, she won't feel like she is worthy of anyone liking her, plus dating and you accepting her body... she is going to keep worrying over that too... more pressure on her that won't help her get better... so the best you can do for now is just let her get better, it will be a long time until she will feel okie again too, it will probably take a couple years to be back to her normal self, it's not something she can fix quickly, so just go to see her at her house, don't make her feel she needs to have any obligations to anyone... just be there for her at home or go to see her at the clinic (if she's going to one).

• She probably does not want to feel like a burden to you and since she was admitted to hospital for anorexia, she still needs time to get back on track to think through. Yes, probably she does not trust you for now, but if you can prove and gain back her trust (it takes efforts and time), she probably will think more possitively. If you can and want, you can help to pay with her clinic bill (even a small amount) can mean that you actually care. Don't tell her before you pay (just tell her after) lol.

• The best thug to do is be there in the little ways. If you haven't been there for the little things she won't trust you with the big things.
    A start being there slowly and try I gradually insert yourself in her life more

• She might be embarrassed about it. Jut try to comfort her. Be there for her.

• She's probably really embarrassed about her condition