Is a balding man in his early twenties pretty much doomed in the dating world?

If a guy is balding at 22 years old, is he doomed in the dating world? I've read somewhere in a study that confidence is the most important thing for a guy to have, but if he doesn't have good hair will that even matter?

• You're hopeless
  • There's definitely hope for you
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought we women were the insecure ones! I have read so many topics from guys concerned about their skin colour, height, weight, culture, and of course now, hair. Attractiveness can be what you make of yourself and how a woman sees you. Yes, some women make it quite clear they don't want to date a bald man, and there are some men who make it clear they just want a skinny woman with big boobs. But then you have the rest of us who see attractiveness in a different way that has nothing to do with that.

If a woman puts her order in for a good looking man with all the physical traits she's after, she would find she is limiting herself. Once she finds that the guy she wants, let's say he's tall, long dark hair, big blue eyes, swarthy skin, nice teeth, athletic body, warm voice, clean fingernails... and he rejects her, slowly she begins changing her order so that she becomes open to possibilities of seeing attractiveness with different traits. So she may meet a guy who has all she's looking for, but he's balding and therefore, shaves his head - but he still has the warm voice and nice body she's after. Will she turn him down?--probably not.

So many men of all different looks manage to get in to relationships, including hundreds of thousands balding men. I think the women who holler the loudest about wanting good hair and other features they deem as important are the ones who make guys like you feel insecure about it. We're not all like that, and women everywhere are willing to get together with an awesome guy with sex appeal with or without his hair. Look at The Rock, Bruce Willis, LL Cool J, Andre Agassiz, and so many others!

• Very thorough and enlightening. Always interesting to hear a woman's point of view. I find your intelligence very attractive.

• Umm yeah, that's pretty much it: who the fuck is Craig. What's the point in me mentioning my friends who are bald and good looking when you don't know what they look like?--hence why I mention celebrities so that you can identify with a face most people commonly know. Guys WITH hair can be sexy or not it's all how you pull yourself off. Same thing with guys who are bald.

• But most women are picky so...

What Girls Said 35

• nooo y would u say that? baldness is sexy if a man can work it and be confident about it:)

sure, hair is nice, but there's SO much more to a man. what about his eyes, smile, kindness, sense of humour... shall i go on?

u have a lot of hope, dont u worry:)

• @Beaver19 i seriously couldnt tell u what things are and aren't deal breakers for the majority. too much pressure on me lol. as I've said, a lot of girls like baldness, some are just meh about it, and some won't find it attractive from a young age. really depends on ur luck with the girls u come across.

u have chances definitely. that much is important to remember.

• I know and like I said I get that it'll be tougher since my standards are high but settling? I'd never be happy if she wasn't very physically beautiful so it's not an option as long as beautiful looking ones exist. Anyway I just figure it's like you say, so as long as I keep going forward and taking chances eventually an attractive one is bound to say yes I mean luck is a numbers game basically, I just worry that attractive girls find bald such an issue it's unlikely I'll get one no matter how many I ask, or you think that's just me worrying too much and that as long as I continue I should be fine getting an attractive looking girl given how I pull bald?

• When my man asked if I would still love him bald, I offered to help buzz off his hair so that he could shave his head. He's still the same man, with or without his hair. I love him, for him, not for his hair :-P

• No...
    Some girls like that.
    But personally I don't. If you're balding, I believe the best course of action for you is to shave it off and grow a beard.
    If you think you would look bad like that, then perhaps you're right and should just work with what you've got.

• God no.. I know many bald men who are very handsome! And many were young balding. A smooth top is hot on many guys!

• Lots of guys shave their heads on purpose in their twenties, and lots of guys lose their hair prematurely as well. It's no big deal! Lots of guys look great with little or no hair! Really. Don't sweat it. :)

• Absolutely not. In fact I had a MASSIVE crush on this guy in college and I saw him recently and he is also balding but I still think he's very, very cute.

• "Balding" suck. "Being Bald" does not.
    The difference?
    Those who are bald are confident with the look, and look neater by having the willingness to cut off what's left on the head.

However, those who are balding and did not make the decision to either go to Bosley (the guy who invented the treatment of re-growing hair) or to just "shave it off" just shows less confidence. Basically, you'd be known as the "guy-trying-to-save-what's-left-of-the-hair-he-used-to-have".

• Guys who are losing their hair and shave the rest off are just trying to hide the fact that they are losing hair; im thinning with grace.

• With grace? Then why ask the question in the first place? You can't just say "no reason/out of pure curiosity". That would have been believable at first, considering how you worded your question; but since you just said how your hair is thinning yourself, there has to be some spark of insecurity or doubt.

• well look. u have to focus on the best things in u like hobbies and sport even if u dont have these aspects u totally have something special like maybe ur funny or a good speaker :) ... the look never matter if a girl loved u give her one month and she will forget how u look but the way u tret her and u personality will stay 4 ever in her mind and heart.

• So basically a bald guy isn't physically attractive? Like he can't rely on his looks to attract?

• So a bald guy can't be physically attractive to you?

• Because I'm bald and I wouldn't date a girl who was less than a 7 looks wise.

• I know men your age who shave their heads completely.
    Some women like it. "Skinhead" I believe is the term :)

• The hell?
    There are so many hot bald guys out there. The main thing is to make it look good. If it's half way gone, don't do a comb over, let it go with dignity and shave if off on time.

Besides, even if you are not balding you should consider...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8

xD

• If you can pull off the bald look (can be really hot) then you're just fine! Sometimes bald suits a guy better than a full head of hair. Just depends on how you rock it.

• I'm glad cute girls aren't turned off by this so far, this makes me feel much better. Thank you.

• Some guys can totally rock the buzzed/ bald look haha, don't worry about it! Your features will remain the same and as long as you take care of yourself you'll be just as attractive.

• A balding man is not doomed. A balding woman is.

• Have you ever heard of Howie Mendell or Dr. Phil maybe? Lot's of women find them attractive. Not just because of their fame. There's definitely hope for you 😝

• No. not at all. a lot of girls (including me) like bald guys, so your attractiveness is still there as long as you're wearing confidence and good personality :)

• My bf is bald... and I think he is sexy as hell.

• You're also 50 no offense we are 20 and dating girls the same age sorry I don't want to wait even 5 years to date..

• @Beaver19 then wear a wig or get some plugs. Or just suck it up

• Plus aren't effect about 60% of the time that's the truth a girl who's not into shaved would definitely not be okay when the wig inevitably came off. And lastly suck it up how? You agree I'll have to wait given how young I am? Sorry that dating young is a need for me, when I and a girl are still in our prime, I want to be married at 24 or 25 not waiting to even date at 30. Period.

• Honestly it all depends on the girls
    So I chose " there's definitely hope for you " because every girl is different and some wouldn't care because if they like you, nothing will be a turn off

• There's hope. But I think bald men look more confident and hotter when they shave it all off instead of holding on to the remaining hair.

• It's buzzed now, I don't do come over lol

• Lol my boyfrjend's 25 and started
    balding at 22, I love his bald head. But, if you're going to be bald, it's almost a MUST to at least have some facial hair. A beard would be ideal.

• Have you ever heard of rogaine? Go to your primary care physician in order to receive a scalp treatment to prevent from thinning hair. This may be caused due to a genetic condition, but I am sure there are routes that you can take in order for it to successfully grow back. Even with thicker hair, I am sure there is a confidence issue. Work on your confidence, overall, and from there hope will present itself :)

• No. Plenty of women like bald men. You could always start a hormonal treatment. It has helped me and my brother, since we're both genetically predisposed towards hair loss.

• There are some people who look good bald and I'm sure you're one of them!! I know you have a great personality and girls prefer a guy with a great personality. :)

• My ex was balding and he was 26. Can you answer mine?www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1401884-guys-who-hang-out-with-girls

• I know a guy at work who in his 20s , married and has a bald spot that's pretty noticeable if he can get marry with a bald spot I bet you can find someone.

• Completely-Moby-type-bald = HAF :)
    Any other type = DOOMED!!!

• I shave completely but there is the 5 o'clock shadow type deal under the skin showing the bald pattern, yeah it's to the skin but you can definitely see the loss too under in the follicles I can't get too. Is that a turn off?

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8b9c-6973dfda9007-m.jpg And there's a pic of me, can't see shadow from the front but hey whatever, it is slightly darker than the other guys, anyway you think I pull it off?

Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your continued responses.

• @Beaver19 You bald head looks good :) Yw re my responses... a pleasure xo.

• I don't think a bald man is doomed but everyone is different. I would date a an who is bald. I agree with what another person had written that if a man is balding and he shaves off what is left, then it does show he has confidence.

• I have a 24 yr old friend thats balding & he hates it, but he still get plenty of women.

• Of course not there are loads of ladies that love bald men. me being one x

• No. I just want to kiss and rub his head and tell him that he will always turn me on <3... hair is not an issue for me :)

• Not doomed at all. Like you said, confidence is very attractive. If you don't want thin hair line and like a ring around the ears, you can always shave it all off. Travis Fimmel (from Vikings, shaved his head and had a beard, and he is pretty hot) Vin Diesel, Taye Diggs, and many others are bald and look very handsome. You can always try to accentuate one or more of your best features, or just own it! :)

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 36

• i started balding around 24. it wasn't very noticeable to people other than me til about 26. it was definitely difficult to deal with at first. Kind of a shock to the system that you realize the rest of your life is going to be a battle with your hairline.

certainly some women may not be into a balding man but plenty are. in fact I didn't feel like I had much trouble meeting women and just got married last year

• I don't think it's a really big component of women's attraction, especially once they are in their mid to late twenties and are themselves aging slowly.

You can't judge your own appearance based off of what you seek in women. Hair isn't as important in a man for women... which biologically makes sense.

Anyway, you can try finasteride if you want. I do think, though, that you probably do not seem as "bald" to most women as you seem to yourself. You know that one girl who is always so fretted about her few gray hairs, even though you don't give a shit, and you know no one else does? Same premise.

• Not if you shave your head and grow a goatee.

• I shave my head smooth... been doing it since I was 20. I get women wanting to touch it all the time. lol

I am similar in appearance to Jason Statham, slim built and muscular. I have been commented on my appearance and get lots of looks from women of all ages. I have a goatee and sometimes I do the full stubble thing.

I am outdoors a lot so I have a slightly tanned complexion... I dress well so the look seems to work. I find when I wear my black suit and white dress shirt, I tend to get a lot of glances and stares.

So I think being bald changes it up and gives girls some variety. It does not hinder the attractiveness of the women either. I have dated some great looking women, and my current gf is very pretty and a great person.

So I think you just need to find your style and look that accompanies your baldness.

• Dude your fine. My friend is the same way his hair started to thin out really bad so he just shaves it completely bald. Has a girlfriend and everything. I got him a T-Shirt once that said this isn't a bald spot its a solar panel for a sex machine lol. Just be yourself and don't be so concerned about your bald head.

• lol that is awesome

• in between a A and a B, i don't mind till i realize im below average then i get sad. It wouldn't be a huge issue if my ex didn't make me feel that it was, now it just sort of stuck with me.

• Well he's a duchebag. You will be fine there are plenty of guys who like smaller cups :)

• Time for you to go bald (#^ ^#) i1127.photobucket.com/.../...m_MDk0NzM4NDE3MjE.jpg

• No, it doesn't mean you are doomed. Rock the shaved head look.

• If you can pull off a Billy Zane or a Patrick Stewart, it can look very masculine.

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../292

static.tvfanatic.com/.../cliff-huddle-picture.jpg

But you have to put in the work to back that baldness up, cause it rarely looks good on someone who might be obese and just doesn't take good care of themselves. Not saying you ARE obese, but this is just how I personally view the situation.

• I'm "normal" weight

• Then at this point it's up in the air, really.

I don't think it's a death sentence, put it that way. Though a girl mentioned above that perhaps younger girls might find it strange, but I'd reckon a girl that's maybe over 24 isn't gonna find it a problem.

• basically many girls like bald guys as far as i know, but if i was you i'd curse god (even if i'm an atheist... i need someone to put the blame on LOL) formy bad luck :-/

• Had a friend who was definitely balding by that age. It also seemed like he could get a date easily. He did end up shaving his head and looked good that way but really the reason he could easily get a date is he was an interesting guy who could easily start a conversation and listen well enough to where people liked talking to him. It is probably why he also made guys friends easily as well because he's a nice outgoing guy.

• I'm bald I'm doing alright. Just keep it shaved and hardly anyone knows I'm balding even though my hairline is actually somewhere on the very top of my head.

I've been thinking about laser hair removal just so I don't have to always shave so much but that's really my only complaint, sometimes I don't have time to set aside and shave my head

• Confident is the most important thing. Just shave your head like a NBA player, or like GSP, Randy orton when he's shaved.

• Balding is a medical condition, shaved is a lifestyle choice. Just get rid of it and embrace the baldness.

• I have lost about 80% of my hair and not just on my head, but eyebrows, legs, arms, pubes, and its definitely harder to get women.

• Works for jason Statham and vin diesel...👍👍..
    Save money on hairdresser/shampoo too

• If you are completely sure you are permenantly balding, just shave it all off. You'll look a lot better.

• Not at all! Far from doomed man, I shave my head and I honestly get so many compliments on it and my dating life is VERY healthy. Just rock it with confidence man and you'll be fine.

• I feel sorry for young balding dudes, I know a guy he's hair down past his ass and totally bald on top omfg looks SO Funny !!!

• I think you would be perfectly fine if you just shaved it all off!

• Christine Lavin "Bald Headed Men"

• Just go for the bruce wilis style or steve wilko

• Being bald is shit. It happens to a lot of men and it fucks your shit up big time. I am praying this does not happen to me... but it probably will.

For every hair you have missing on your head you need to have $10 more green backs in the bank.

• Nah, my grad school roommate was almost completely bald at 25 and he had a gf til he dumped her.

• I wouldn't say doomed but some girls mind it, some don't. You options are probably going to be reduced (most probably younger girls) but you won't be doomed I think.

• my friend is only 20 and he has a large chunk of his hair already gone, been with a hot girlfriend for almost 2 years now

• Nope. Shave that bitch and rock the cue ball. Friend of mine got alopecia when he was young and dated plenty of women and is now married. Its all about the confidence.

• Some men actually look pretty good being bald. Its no big deal.

• Just try shaving your head

• If it really bothers you and causes you to feel self couscous shave your head. Take it from first hand experience, it works. ;~} Just remember when it comes to women you will never bat a 1,000 no matter what you look like.

• What ethnicity are you? Balding at a young age is unfortunate, probably caucasian lol.

• More from Guys
    6