When a guy says he wants to "hang out" does he actually mean he wants to "hook up"?

Hi! I know this is ridiculous, but I met this guy on Facebook, and I accidentally hit a friend request to him, and he accepted it, but he is really good looking and cute. He's 30 years old, but he looks like he is my age. Anyways, I would just put a "like" up to his pictures and what not. He's friend with this guy I know, and everyone teased me about liking him, and he even lied to his friend and said that we've been talking and I am going to visit him in Florida, lol, it's a lie,

anyways he messaged me out of nowhere on Facebook and said "Hey babe, I am going back to the burgh and I am going to be living in (the area he said) would you wanna hang out when I do?" I replied "Yeah, I'll hang with you sometime! Lol. He said "Ok, lol." But, I don't want to hook-up with him, and I don't know if when guys say "you wanna hangout" if they actually mean hanging out? Or if they are trying to say "Let's hook up" in a different way lol. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably a bit of both, no?

• So are you going to give it a go, BB?

• I don't know haha. I don't want to waste my time of a player or someone who just wants to hook up. It's not my thing lol. But in the same breath maybe I should meet him, just to meet him, but I'm afraid that might be a bad idea. haha.

What Guys Said 13

• it all depends on how you act towards him, and how the aura between you two is
    if he can sense that you are sexually attracted to him he will make a move, but if he is piking up vibes that you just really wanted a chill, he probably will just give you a hug at most!

of course we always misread signals so be prepared for anything lol
    good luck!

• Hahaha no.
    If they say "hang out at my place", THAT means hook up.
    But otherwise, it just means hanging out without it necessarily being a date (for example, I asked my crush to hang out and it didn't seem like a date really).

• Generally when a guy says he wants to hang out he only wants to hang out. Sometimes it can be a way to try to hook up, but let's believe for now that he only wants to hang out.

• I have no idea these days. Whenever I said "watch a movie," we literally watched a movie. Whatever happens after is what happens.

But dammit, I LOVE CINEMA!

• Yes he wants to hang out with you AND hook up with u if the vibe is right between you two.

Do u want to hookup with him? ;-)

• Not always, sometimes I randomly hit up lady friends to just catch up.

• Yeah, true! Lol, but I don't even know him. I only know him from social media, and he is best friends with my cousin's boyfriend, and my cousin's boyfriend keeps teasing me about him, so I don't know if my cousin's boyfriend really amped it up with him? lol, like made him believe I was really infatuated with him? Or if he is just looking for an easy lay? it's hard to decipher. Haha.

• He probably likes your

• When I say it, I literally do mean hang out. I don't expect to be running bases with a woman when I'm with them 1-on-1. But then... every guy has their own interpretation on what they mean by "let's hang out."

• I think he just wants to hang. But he may like you more than friends so make that point clear

• If he's attracted to you of course he wants to fuck you. Lol at anyone who thinks that is gross or some shit. Thats real life, deal with it. You should be concerned with if he just wants sex or something more.

• That is what I'm concerned with! I don't want to waste my time on someone who just wants to hookup lol

• Not always but it could be on his mind

• Tell him you have a bf already.

• Pretty much.

• That would be a bonus!

What Girls Said 0