How long does it take a shy guy to ask you out?

Been texting a shy guy for three weeks now almost daily for 2/3 hours at a time. He seems keen on me but he hasn't asked me out. Will he ever do it? What is a good time limit to give before moving on?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol, as long as it takes, right? There's no saying when he will, could be tomorrow, could be next week, could be never. The only thing you can do, is encourage him to do it. For example mention that you've been wanting to see a movie, and see what he says. He may also be waiting for you to ask him out. Also, he may just not be in to you at all, and is just looking to be friends

• I see, would you spend hours daily texting someone you just want to be friends with though?

• No not really

• Then maybe you like him, maybe he likes you, we won't know until he asks you out. It's the 21st century though, why not you try asking him out, since he's shy, right?

What Guys Said 10

• You can prompt him in a way where he will still need to ask you out but it will still speed up the process. Text him and say, "I have recently developed this strange problem. Every Friday and Saturday night, I get hungry and the only thing that relieves the problem is going out to dinner. I am afraid that it's going to happen again this weekend. Do you think you might be able to help me with this problem?" If he doesn't ask you out after this text, it is time to move on.

• Those who are aggressive and take initiative are those who get what they want in life. If you want something, take it. Don't let anyone get in your way. If you desire to date this person, then you need to be the one to ask him, not the other way around. One must be bold if they ever expect to have any control over their lives.

• This is very true, best way to do it though?

• How would you like a girl to ask you out?

• Well, either the person is inclined to say yes or they are inclined to say no. One can get a simple answer by just outright asking "do you want to go out with me?" Of course, one could always add a little psychology into the mix if one wants. I do know that people tend to like those who like them, so you could say "I like you, will you go out with me?"
      As for me, I'd just want them to bluntly ask me in a simple statement like the ones above. I would say yes or no based on whether I personally like them as a person and see them as worthy or not.

• if he's shy y don't u make the 1st move then?

• I don't know how to! Haha

• He will really, really appreciate it if you ask him out :)
      I'd feel so happy if a girl did that to me. He seems to like you. Does he always initiate conversations? If he mostly does, then you can be sure of it that he likes you.

You can say something like: "hey, would you like to grab some [ice cream] with me sometime?"
      You can fill in what you like to do. Maybe go lunching. You're 25+, so you can also go for dinner at some restaurant if you like :)

If you dont know where to go, you can say that you'd like to hang out with him, but that you sont know where to go, so maybe the two of you can choose together? :)

• Thanks, he usually initiates, sometimes me too, more so him.

• i am shy when it comes to ask a girl out.. not that shy.. just a little, but there are some songs when i listen to them i can ask any girl out, it's like inspiration

the answer to your question is: make him know that you're interested or you want to go out with him.. maybe he think that you don't want him..

• How can I show interest other than speaking for hours each day?

• Break the touch barrier

Flirt with him

Compliment him

Don't Flirt with Other Guys

Tell him you're open to having a boyfriend, give him a sign that you're single..

Get him to ask you out: You can try to get the guy to ask you out as a way to show him that you like him. Just casually talk about your upcoming plans or mention what your schedule looks like, and wait for him to ask if you want to do something when he knows you'll be free. You can say, "I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow night, but I want to do something fun," and wait for him to respond.

optional: Tell him that you like him

follow this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOEJd5LRVQ

• I wonder why you don't make the first move? Feminist has failed us. The idea that men should make the first move, comes from chivalry, which defines male masculinity

• I'm not sure how to since he's shy I don't want to ruin my chances you see?

• You don't need to be rude in order to state your opinion.

• But that sure did put emphasis on the point, didn't it?

• He probably will never ask you out.

• Why so?

• Because he's shy. Some guys the only relationships they will ever be in are ones where the girl asked them out.

• Ah I see thanks

• I waited 2 years... long story short and in case you couldnt guess she said no but It depends on how shy he is plus how much confidence he has

• Only you can "set a time limit."

It depends how "into you" he is.

• Much longer than just asking him out yourself

• So is it a good idea to just ask him out if he's shy?

• how about you make the first move just be confident even shy guys likes that ;)

• What's the best way to do it? I'm not too sure

• Best way is to confront her face to face or maybe you can text her to come

What Girls Said 1

• You may have to do it yourself.

• How does one ask him out?

• Like the guy above said. Instead of saying can you or are you... Say I want to see this movie... Or I would to check out the game... etc..

• "I'd sure love to go see a movie or go out to eat sometime"