Guys, He hasn't replied in 2 days, is he not interested?

I had a first date with this guy I met online. We got along really well and ended up talking for hours until we were asked to leave the restaurant coz they were shutting down. He messaged me that night saying he had a great time and we messaged some more the next morning. He told me he found me attractive etc However he hasn't replied to the last message I sent him and it's been 2 days now. I know he's a busy person with his job and hobbies but before our date he found time to message me late at night or early morning.

Can a guy really be that busy that he can't message? He also didn't set up another date during our first one but he did say that he wanted to take me to a nice lookout sometime.

I really like this guy but I don't want to message him first and end up looking too clingy. Is he most probably not interested anymore or is he just playing it cool?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• I only use online for dating. I didn't date much when I was young, then I was married for 25 years. So I didn't know what I was doing. After a disaster with the 2nd woman I went out with I made a policy that I never ask for or talk about a 2nd date when on the first date. This way both people can enjoy without that looming. and both have time to think about how things went before committing to anything. I usually tell the woman this before our first date so she doesn't think the wrong thing. and there have been times I got in my car and immediately texted her before she drove out of the parking lot asking for a second. so that isn't an issue. it is actually a good thing.
    ..
    Normally I would say he is not interested. There is zero excuse (other then a death or other emergency in the family) to not reply to a persons message the same day you get it, or first thing in the morning if late. However, I have heard this many times. Usually it is young guys that don't seem to know what it means to be a gentleman. Not sure why so many men are so rude. If I like a woman I am texting her that night. I will text her good morning and good night every day that we are still together. usually I will text her during the day to tell her that I am thinking about her.

What Guys Said 5

• I think he is most likely playing it cool. I take it he doesn't know you quite well and vice versa so either he just is very very busy (not likely) or he just wants to show you what level he is on and that he is independant with or without you.

I guess if it was he's choice not to reply that he just wants a bit more space at the start of you guys' "potential thing"... not to be to close but to ease it a bit..

Us as guys want relationships to be fun and to make girls always wonder , be intersted at the same level as we are and also too occasionally MISS US!

Just to spice things up.. :)

• I hate when people play games like this. Message him. Worst comes to worst it's over and you're back where you started.

• When a girl is "meh" I look at my phone don't reply keep playing league of legend then reply when I'm bored like at church or in the shitter. If I'm vet into her I reply emmidiatly and by thy I mean 15 mins so I don't seem overly eager and have a couple rough drafts and a final "I'm gonna play it cool draft" to text back. Which sadly is always "oh, hey what up?"

• try calling him

• Try calling him instead of texting. If he still doesn't respond, delete his number and move on to a guy who is actually interested in you.