Guys, do guys not like depressed girls?

so i've been feeling depressed bc bad stuff happened and everything..
if i show my sadness and just distant myself away from the guy i like, would he be disgusted or something by me being sad?

he doesn't seem to care lately anyway.. it hurts. :(

it's happened before. but last night he said he's worried about me. but other than that we've barely talked for the past two days. like only a few words.

do guys be freaked out or just hate depressed girls? or will they try to take care of them until the end?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Being around depressed people can be incredibly draining, especially if you're close to depression yourself. Think of it like swimming, and the other person is drowning, flailing, and grabbing at you. If you're a strong swimmer, you can hold both of you afloat, but it's a lot of effort. If you're barely making it yourself, the other person can pull you under.

That said, I totally get how difficult it is to deal with depression. The one thing you need most is loved ones there for you, and when they're not, it makes it worse.

What Guys Said 19

• If I cared for you, and I loved you, I would help you through the depression. But for many guys, and me to, the fear is that when I have to leave you, I don't want you to be depressed again or hurt yourself, you know? Cause I care about you, and it's a very hard situation for anyone to be in.

• Dealing with someone who is down all the time is really difficult, because when you aren't feeling that way yourself, it's very hard to understand. And normal logic like "if you want something fun to happen, go do something fun" doesn't work for people with depression. It can be really tiresome to deal.

• It depends on your relationship with him. If you two have been friends for a while he should do what any good friend would do and make sure that you're okay.

If you two just met, he won't be disgusted by you because you're depressed, but he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between your depressed self and your good happy self because he has nothing to compare your depressed self with. If the latter is true, he probably thinks that you seem a little sad and down, but he will not think of you in a negative way. If you become better friends he will care about your well being more.

Guys do not get freaked out by depressed girls, but because people in general who are depressed are not as outgoing, guys tend to not notice a girl who's depressed because the girl isn't being outgoing enough.

• weather or not he's interested in you, him being worried shows he cares. just talk to him, make an effort , i know depression makes it hard but you will feel so much better if you try. but your just a kid dating only seems like big deal, take a breath relax start a conversation.

• if i REALLY liked a girl... then obviously i'd help her cure her depression basically...;-)

• I have been there and done that lets have an upbeat girl next time ok?

• No. I like the girl under the depression and I would do anything I can to help her understand and manage her depression. I know it's something that stays with you and it's something entirely different from feeling sad or down in the dumps. It's a psychological condition and I would do whatever I could to help her manage it!

• I like women with good attitudes, depression is not attractive and can be detrimental to a relationship because of the lack of interest in doing things together. However if you're happy when you're with your SO it's alright and can give a feeling of worth to the person making someone else happy.

• No!
    No one likes depressed girls we just act nice cause we like you but in reallity it's bloody mental to spend time with someone like that
    Especially if they are always like that
    From time to time i also get depressed but out of courtesy i hide it in order not to make others worry about me or bring their mood down

• Guys only care about looks

• Well I wouldn't care as long as she doesn't pull away and becomes cold then thats when I draw the line

• Depression is a buzzkill. However, I would recommend you go to church and talk with a pastor about your depression. Pastor are generally good at listening to peoples problems and offer wise advise.

• No as long as you don't be nasty in a personal way. I suffer from depression so I would understand, maybe talk t him about it or bring him with you too the doctors as a outside opinion on it from a trained professional will open his eyes. Good luck

• I sort of have a thing for depressed girls. They are sort of dark and mysterious

• Seeing as how I've had clinical depression (the suicidal kind) myself, I can't really complain.

• No. I'd try to help her get over her depression.

• yes, but it's not limited to that. people in general don't like people who will bring them down

• If you distant yourself away, how is he going to express himself to you? You should open up to him. And if I may; don't be depressed you are too young a lot of good things are going to happen in your life. Just let go of the past.

• i only go for depressed girls becuz they have low self esteem n u can manipulate them into doing anything u want ;)