Is he lying? Or I am overthinking?

I have been talking to this guy for two months now and lately he seemed like distance and so Monday I asked to hangout and he told me that he was hanging out with his sister. So Wednesday I asked to hangout and he said that he doesn't get out of class until and that him and his sister are going to the new brewery. After asking to him hangout and he could both times I was really starting to feel like okay he's not interested me why can't he just tell me. So after a week of feeling unsure if he likes me I text him this which is the picture below and we talk on the phone for good couple of mins and long story short he said that he has been busy because he is taking summer classes and also busy we with his son which I understand and he said he is still interested in me and what to continue things but I feel like maybe I am coming on to strong and because we both like each other for a year but we are not dating just talking and I feel like maybe I should fall back and give him space and see if he makes more effort, I'm just confused because I felt like if I confront him and see where stand I would fine but I feel like I'm going back to overthinking like he could spend time with his Monday and Wednesday and also Thursday the same day we talk about everything he goes and watch the cavs and I haven't hung out with me two weeks because first week there were finals second still were and then he had his son so now I'm thinking maybe he lying and Manye he really doesn't like me because if he didn't why would he tell me yea he still does I just don't know what to do I jus need advice. If it matter he is 33 and I'm 24.

Is he lying? Or I am overthinking?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a matter of age if you're 24. Usually after a few months the romance stage can sometimes end. It's nothing that's bad, but couples can start to feel distant from each other, like they need their own space. It happens to everyone haha and it just sounds like you could be hitting that point. I would say just give him some space and let him come back to you, if he says he's interested you should be okay honestly. And it doesn't sound like he's not interested, either, just busy. Hope that helps.

What Guys Said 2

• huh... didn't u posted this be4? o_O

• No just the first time I have post about it

• holy mama! are you tired? because I think you wrote the novel.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that maybe he has a lot on his plate what with him having a son as well as having schol. There is a very good chance that he truly does find you important, but he simply is very busy. You are coming on very strong, especially since he has a son. Children aren't bad for relationships, however at the age range of the 20's you're more likely to want to go out and do things like party or have more time alone with him. With his son, which should hopefully be his top priority, he can't do that as much as you can. He may therefore feel very intimidated. If you have something to ask him or say to him I would suggest saying it in person. People can often misunderstand what you're trying to say over a phone.

• You're putting desperate vibe out. He is not in to you.

• Then why would he tell me that he is?

• Just trust your instincts. Clearly part of you thinks he is lying, otherwise you would not be asking others. Just be cautious and keep yourself busy, make him chase you.

• Yes part of me do think he is lying and I'm not trying to make any excuses but I don't know if I'm a overthinking because I have done that in my past and it has ruin pretty much all my relationships and being clingy so I'm not try to do that. I just want to hangout with him and talk about everything because we talk about everything in person, I'll try to keep myself busy and definitely let him chase me I'm done trying to overthinking and make me see desperate And needy

• i think he's lying.

• you should leave him.