26, never had a boyfriend?

Ok, so I'm 26, I've never had a boyfriend, I can count the number of dates I've had on one hand (literally). Men just aren't interested in me at all, I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or the way I look, that they all think I'm taken, or a cow, or a lesbian or what. The thing is, I don't really care because I've never had time for one because of work and study and life in general taking up all of my time.
So my question is, what would you think of a woman who is my age and never had a boyfriend?

bump
I wouldn't mind some more input? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• From reading that i think i see your problem "I've never had time for one because of work and study and life in general taking up all of my time.".

If we where dating i'd actually be excited to show you what you have been missing. Its not a negative thing at all to me.

What Guys Said 21

• 26 and not even a single relationship... I think that's a tad bit sad. Maybe your vocalizing your thoughts via body language, because I see that you've stated that you didn't care and that can play a role but cannot say for sure because I don't know you IRL. Sometimes being busy with work, school and life in general can be a small negative because you've got no time, if you have no time I don't play into your life because your too busy. What I think is that maybe you should not be too busy maybe take a lesser class load, not request too many hours. Try starting small conversations at the cafe where you get coffee'/grocery store, library while studying. When you do go to those places try to put an extra purpose in dressing, strut your stuff you never know who's looking. If you make these routine even if it's just once or twice a week, you have no idea how many other people you may run into. I do this and met all sorts of people. Maybe, maybe you may attract or see a guy to your liking and start a small flirtatious conversation and move it to grab a coffee later.

• You are gorgeous and you seem really interesting, so it would have to do with your preferences, I think. At the moment, I don't think you have time for a guy, but you will... just be ready to adapt to another person... guy as well as girls can get stuck in their ways as they get older... be flexible when you are ready. Just think, you are not too old now... you are still young and there is still plenty of time.

• I think its fuckin amazing! you gorgeous and you havnt that many dates. There is only one explanation, you put out the wrong vibes or didn't go for the guys who did like you (ok...2 explanations). When people get busy, like you imply, you really don't give much time to anything else. Your body language conveys this message. Or you do what many people do... self sabotage yourself. I bet you.. guys did give you a few looks and hints here and there, but you didn't go for it because you were busy or not giving a shit etc. Then you justify it by saying guys don't go for you...

• I'm with this girl who's 30. She has a job and go to school. So we hardly text, hang out, and all that fun stuff. I get rather bored of her not being available really. I'm not attached to someone I can't see unless time calls for it. But we do work together so that's a plus. We flirt all the time. But that's not enough.

• I would think that she is filling her life too much with other things and ignoring the opportunity for a relationship with a guy. That is an important part of life for most people.

• Means you got your life straight and are comfortable being single.

Sounds like a woman i would date

• You just haven't met the right for you

• If you're the one in your profile picture, then I think: "Damn! That girl's perfect for me!" Generally speaking, when they tell me about a girl who is about my age and didn't ever have a boyfriend, or had a boyfriend but is still a virgin, I feel like meeting her. I am 23 and only had one girlfriend; that relationship only lasted two months, and I am still a virgin.

• I guess that you're picky and haven't met someone interesting enough yet. I wouldn't think bad about such a woman...

• Girl with an ambition!

• i hate to be lied to.

• I'm not lying.

• Који део Босне аре иоу фром? и да ли језиком говоре?

• If you really need to know, Mostar, Herzegovina; Croatian.

• id assume she was either super picky or she had a huge personality flaw... because its kind of uncommon for a girl who looks decent like yourself to never had a boyfriend (even a short term one) by your age

• Ok thanks, I don't think I have a personality flaw that's that huge, but I doubt anyone would tell me if I did.

• I don't believe it's possible I thought guys were the unlucky ones but I wouldn't care because you still look beautiful to me.

• Well maybe you are picky or you only go for guys out of your range?

• What! you look very beautiful! how could any man not be interested in you. Also I think that it doesn't matter at all that you haven't had a boyfriend. The time will come, why the rush... right?

• Try being more assertive, and try asking men out. A lot of girls simply wait for the guy to initiate everything, and not all guys like that.

• I'm not asking how can I get one, I'm just asking what would you think of a woman my age who has never had one. I don't have time to chase men at the moment, I'm a post grad student with 2 jobs

• i am turning 24 and never had a girlfriend. be my girlfriend. if you want pm me.

• "Wow she must be very picky"

• really you serious? is that really you in your profile pic? well, i'm a year older than you and i'm still single, and it's kinda more shocking to hear of a girl like this compared to a guy.

• Yes it's me, and yes I'm serious.

• i find it more shocking to hear of a girl like this instead of a guy

• A dating coach I worked with told me a few years ago they worked with a guy from Vietnam, that was 42 and never had a girlfriend, was a virgin

• Just the way it worked out for you in life - You were busy or picky

• Are you implying she's unlucky? Those are the cards she was dealt with in life? I am 21 and in the same predicament. It really sucks. I'm told I am pretty and like the way I look, but I've never had a boyfriend. It drives me crazy ergh

• @Dsg1195 No I think unlucky is too strong a word - What I felt when I read her story was that those were the circumstances in her life at the time - I don't know but I feel to say that somehow she could have done something different or luck could have dealt her a different hand is a misnomer to me - It is a mixture of all these things and probably best not to try to force/predict it - I am a great believer in fate - By the look of the question it is a few months old she could have met a guy since and now maybe even in a relationship or still be single - The times I was most successful with girls were the times I least expected even going as far as saying when I wasn't thinking about them, the times I was least successful when I fretted about getting or went looking for girls.

• I mean, are you implying relationships are supposed to happen naturally? I know of two other girls that are both 26 and have never been in relationships. I mean people tell me I'm pretty and I believe I am, but I wonder why these guys are either not into me or just blind. Oh well, a relationships isn't necessarily based primarily on looks and luck-specifically, it is not guaranteed to make your life any better or worse. The amount of cases involving domestic violence and assault in relationships now a days makes me wonder. And she clearly states "I didn't have time for one". Sadly, I can relate to this. I am very busy myself. I understand how she feels because I sometimes feel the same way. Let me make this statement as blunt and simple as possible: Dear 26 year old female-
      These guys are probably blind and do not deserve your attention. I am 21 and have still never dated, don't let anyone believe there is something wrong with you.

• I would want to go out with a girl who never dated anyone. It is not weried but rare. Most girls run through boys but you most likely would be loyal. As far as looks I have no idea what you look like. But it does not matter in the end because people should love others for more than looks.

What Girls Said 5

• You're appealing to the eyes so it can be your looks.
    I definitely say this has a lot to do with your personality.
    You have to put yourself out there more.
    Make yourself available

Don't you want kids some day?
    Time is ticking.
    If you don't make more of an effort you'll always be single

• *it can't be your looks

• And sometimes you can't make yourself available, I'm a post grad student with 2 jobs, I hardly have any time at all to myself.

• Okay... I see why pregnancy is the last thing on your mind now.
      But the fact of the matter is, you're still young and attractive.
      Do you set up online dating profiles? Or go out places?
      You have to make time for yourself or you often lose who you are in the process.

• If we could chat over a IM i can try and help you. Unfortunately you don't provide enough information in this question. But i can tell you're not hopeless, things just happened that way, don't worry. But it is definitely more then just a public chat kind of thing.

• Ništa strašno... sa svim ovim bezličnim i dosadnim likovima... nije ni čudo. xD
    Ne brini. ;)

• YOU ARE A TROLL!!!
    YOU ARE FAKE!!!
    You can't even spell your own country correctly... Ha ha ha

• But you are soo prettttyyy!!! I really dont understand men...

• Looks alone doesn't open the gate

• True. But if the person seems anti social or shy, why waste time when there on tons of attractive people who aren't that way?

• *are tons