Would you date someone who is less fortunate than you?

Less fortunate as in maybe financially, physically (handicapped), etc...

Why, why not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
And the less fortunateness will likely affect/play a large role in the relationship. Whether good or badly.

Most Helpful Guy

• men do all the time and its normal for men. its the women who are taught to date higher to be taken care of. how do we see women as equals when social norm is about treating as incomptents?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, I'm at the bottom of the barrel. As long as the person is good to me and others, no prob.

What Guys Said 10

• If a girl earns less money than me that is not a deal breaker at all. If she is in a minimum wage job I would date her without a second thought.

As for a handicapped person well it depends.

• Of course I would.

• I have extremely good luck so if she was less fortunate in scenarios I am sure to balance the scale! 😜

• Yes I don't give a shit about money.

• how do I know she is fortunate or unfortunate :)

• If there's a mutual liking we have towards each other, then yes.

• If I found her attractive physically and she wanted something legit, it's absolutely no problem to me if she had a rough life or is poor etc. However handicapped? I feel like that would take away the physical attractiveness that is needed.

• It depends...

• It depends

• Well, if I like her, then her circumstances won't stop me from dating her.

What Girls Said 3

• I definitely would, but if the difference was enormous, we would struggle.
    This is just me being realistic.

• Yes. Honestly i can be drawn to that, as I tend to be more attracted to people who have had to deal with real life problems. there's an integrity and respect going through adversity. Also I dont look for people better off in the fist place, sop i dont see why id reject people not better off.

• Would you date someone who is less fortunate than you?
    B. No

To me it is off that he would seek someone more fortunate than himself. In my opinion it is like the ugly fat guy that asks how to get a hot gal. While others may encourage him and shame the gal by saying if she isn't shallow/stuckup she'll see his inner beauty I will question the boy's own shallowness to seek a hot gal and his own hypocrisy for wanting a gal for her looks but asking that she look past his.