Why do you girls wait until the last minute to cancel?

This happens all the time. 9 times out of 10 they wait until about an hour beforehand to cancel. This is usually when i'm getting ready and fixing to go pick them up within 20 minutes or so. This is something that has happened probably 20 times in the last year or so with all different girls. A friend even set me up with her friend and she cancelled. I wonder when she was planning to let me know, glad I texted her so now at least I can go do something else today.

I think I've been on like 12 dates total in my life and probably 30 dates have been cancellations that never happened. d
I just doesn't make sense that a girl would bug her friend for 6 months to meet me and then she bails and tries to reschedule. Ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider it very rude when people do this. I have always tried to avoid doing this and have never done it and wouldn't unless it was an unavoidable emergency. Actually, my boyfriend and I were trying to set up one of our friends with a girl we knew, and she did the exact same thing to him. Her excuse was that she had a birthday party to go to. We had planned our double date a week in advance and she cancelled about an hour before because she would rather attend a birthday party. We were all infuriated at her.

• I doubt my friend will set me up with another girl after this unfortunately. It was too much trouble for her. I don't blame her. She kind of got stuck in the middle.

• Aww, that's too bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Send them a message to ask why exactly they cancelled the date. Also add that you're just wondering this, because you'd like to know how women think etc. (so it won't make it personal etc etc).
    To be honest, I find it disrespectful/weird to cancel on last moment, you shouldn't want those women anyway, they most don't care about other people, so don't feel bad. However if she had something urgent, then it's a different story, but then she would have said that.

But ask them anyway! It gives you a lot of insight :) It doesn't hurt asking though, because they don't really want to go on a date anyway.

What Girls Said 10

• Are you meeting most of these girls online? A lot of people online flake for different reasons - they're nervous and changed their mind about meeting; they don't feel like meeting anymore, and don't feel an obligation to stick to the plan because of the anonymity factor; or they met someone else.

That sucks that this keeps happening to you. It's no fun when someone cancels plans, especially when he or she does it last minute without having a legitimate excuse.

• well that's not very nice =/ I don't know why someone would wait till that late to cancel. that being said, not all girls are like this #generalisation491 there are girls who probably just don't consider that while she's realising she can't make it, you're in your home getting ready... u might wanna establish from when u guys set up the date, that if she can't make it, to give u a bit of an earlier notice. she should understand.
    sorry u had to go through that.

• Are you really incrementing that one by one?

I'd think you're supposed to be at least at like 800 now. You've been doing this for a while, lol.

• lol no I'm not, i kinda just do it when i feel like it. but i AM keeping count :D @mesonfielde

• When I say girls, I don't mean every last one of you. It's not generalizing it's like saying why do particular girls do this. We all know their are a percentage of both guys and girls who are flakes. I'm tired of this generalization bs.

• That's pretty disrespectful. My guess is that they were iffy about going on a date with you, they probably double booked with someone else and had you as a last resort and then went with the other guy instead.

Or they heArd a rumor about you at the last minute or found something out they didn't like. Or you said something they found distasteful right before.

• I don't even text back if they cancel anymore. I don't care if they try to reschedule or not. I've just been stood up too many times. Most of the time I set aside my work to go on dates, so the rest of my week is fucked after that.

• Honestly I think it's just cold feet. It's a douchey thing to do but unfortunately people are inconsiderate at times.

• Boys who always have a Plan B ready to go are sexy.

Srsly. "That's alright, I can totally use that time to ______" -- now those are some hot, hot words to hear rollin off yr tongue.

Even if "____" is, like, taking a nap.

• I just don't respond back at all. No reason to.

• That's what they want you to do is get all worked up and mad at them.

• 1) Not all women do this.

2) Depends on the woman. There are many reasons. She might not have wanted to go out with you or something truly did come up. Maybe she was trying to get out of something that happened or maybe she was about to text you.

Life can throw curveballs when least expected.

• They are all weenies and you have a bad streak of luck.
    I mean, yeah going on dates is nerve wrecking but damn they should sack up and just get it over with.

Sorry about your experiences. Maybe you are targeting specific type of girls?

• I can't speak for everybody but personally it's an anxiety thing for me!

• It's just a date, if the person doesn't like you so what, but you're never going to find out if you cancel all your dates.

• Oh I know! I know it's stupid but I get so nervous and over think things untill I freak out! I'm not justifying it or saying it's right but if someone does it to you it's not because of you!

• To be fair, if you cancel instead of going, that means you weren't interested enough in the first place.

• I don't wait until the last minute. I try be considerate ^^

• Cause we can. Simple. 😂😂

What Guys Said 10

• cause 70% of women are flakes. either she found a better option, got contacted by an ex, or just didn't feel like it

• I think they consider it, and then go for "nope"

They obviously don't care beyond that point, so it's reasonable that you don't reply. They don't seem to seek you out either, so it's all for the best.

• Because that means they don't wanna go.

• It's not the cancelING that bugs me but them not telling me at all or like you said last minute without any apologize and rescheduling

• They're doing it to test you and see how far they can push you. Scrap them when they do that stuff.

• Because they're not thinking of anyone but themselves.

• when i'd do that it was because i'd hope she'd cancel before me.. thus i wouldn't feel bad.

• It sounds to me like you are their Plan B, if Plan A doesn't work out.
    I'm sorry to hear it bro.

• I hate when people do that

• If a girl is canceling on you then she don't like you lol🙈😃😂😂