Should I wait until she texts me or text her?

I have been talking to a girl for sometime now and everything has been going well. We went and had dinner and saw a movie on Saturday night and everything went well. I got her something for Valentines day but she did not get me anything. She said she didn't because she was afraid that if she got me something and I didn't get her anything then I would feel bad. I did not care if she did get me anything I just wanted to get her something to show her how I felt.

We were texting Sunday (Valentines Day) and she was working on homework. That was the last time I talked to her. I don't know if maybe getting her something could have, in a way, scared her off or what. She goes to school and has a job so that would take up some of her time. Should I just wait for her to text me next because I have already tried Sunday night and Monday afternoon and never received a response. Is she maybe playing hard to get or just lost interest in me?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is going to sound harsh. It takes literally 15 seconds to write a text and send it. (I am talking about her, not you.)

She may not be into you.

So I suggest you find a girl who will love your teddy bear and flowers, and who has time in their "busy schedule" for a great guy such as your self. You are never too busy for someone your are crazy about.

End of story.

• I agree now that some time has went by and I have thought about it more. Plus with how this last week has went doesn't help. Even though it may be a little "harsh" it is true and its what I needed to hear. Thank you :)

What Girls Said 9

• Text her.

Most girls are too shy, or feel like they will be bugging the guy if they text him first.

But this time..if she doesn't text you back, then just leave it at that.

• I would indeed recommend waiting for her to text you. If she works and goes to school, it may just be a challenging week for her. I know that MY exams are coming up and if her schedule is even remotely similar then she's panicking. :) It sounds to me like she likes you, so you're probably just over reacting. Haha. Give her a chance! And good luck!

• Why text that is very impersonal. Try actually calling her.

• She is probably overwhelmed by the gift. She might be saying she didn't get you anything just to be nice. Maybe she doesn't have feelings for you like you do yet. Give her time to get there. So act friendly but give her some space! Like wait for her to text you first

• I think you should definitly text her. I always try to wait it out to text a guy cause I REALLY want him to text me first, I just think that's the way it should go.

• Psh. Guys are supposed to ALWAYS text first. That's the way life is. So get the guts to text her first! It'll make her think that you really care about her!

• We have been texting for a while and then she just stopped talking to me.

• most girls won't text a guy unless they text them first

• Text her.

• hmm...maybe she's contemplating whether she wants to take things to the next level or not, because your valentines day gift definitely showed her that you're more interested in her than just friends. the fact that she said she wanted to get you something but was afraid, means that she does have an interest in you, so its not that. I would give her a few more days (maybe she's sorting out other issues with an ex? who knows), if you still get no response, then you should text her saying you're sorry if you gave her the wrong impression by the gift and you're not looking to rush into anything you value her friendship and you're sorry if she felt offended or pressured by the gift ...if she doesn't respond back to that, then don't waste your time on her. But I think she'll respond back soon enough don't worry.

What Guys Said 1

• what did you get her for valentines day? how long have you been talking? have you been on any other dates before saturday? like during the week while she's doing school (im assuming online because she has a job as well - a full time job?) what does she do at work - what does she study at school...where do you live? lol these will help me get a better idea on where she's from, what she does, what she studies and maybe if the school could get in the way - work could get in the way(if she's one day 9-5 thent he next 3-11 or something? or anything other than something set in stone) girls from different areas act differently I can't explain it, also with certain studies it can be very over whelming...i can't give you my opinion unless I know if youve been on other dates and/or she's gone out of her way to see you when she could/should be doing something else...if she's gone on a date with you while she could be working on school, but chose you?...is there any other guy in her life? has she been in a recent relationship? give me some things about her, she may still be unsure and want to take things slow? what did you text her sunday night and monday afternoon? - let me know and ill see what I can do for ya and give you my best opinion...gl!

• Any updates?

• Last thing you want to do is hurt yourself because she is unsure and you are head over heals for her...respect the fact she's out of a relationship, respect the fact she wnats to take time...this will in turn show her that you do care for her and are willing to take things as slow as she wants...itll make her fall for you...lemme know how it goes...stay cool, calm, all that jazz...dont OVER DO texting or calling...maybe liek a fri to say how was work? hows school? catch up stuff...

• Find out what her favorite meal is and take her somewhere where she can get it...do a breakfast or lunch (something short) because dinner is too much of a date...i know that's what you want but taking it slow and short/simple interactions will help you find out more...sorry to spam id message you but you are annonymous and they limit you to text here...good luck and keep me updated