My boyfriend thinks I'm avoiding him and that I'm mad at him?

So I started dating this guy about a month ago and I try not to be clingy because when I flirt I usually come off too strong, annoying, or clingy so I no longer flirt. And I try to give him space so I'm not hovering over him. Like when I see him in the hallway I try to take a different route and not sit with him during lunch since I feel like he needs time with his friends too. But then I got a text message later that day and he asked "Babe why are u avoiding me? Are you mad at me? 😢" and I told him that I wasn't mad at him and that I only want to give him some space and that I didn't want to come off as clingy. I've been doing this for the past two weeks. Does it seem like I'm avoiding him?

(I'm 16 and I don't have a lot of dating experience.)

What Guys Said 1

• Well you are literally avoiding him, even if it is because you want to give him space but you are actually avoiding him.

I mean you two are dating so you really should be eating lunch together and stuff, thats not too clingy at all. You dont have to do that every single day but stop worrying too much about being clingy, as long as you can keep it sensible.

What Girls Said 0