Girls, how important or attractive is confidence?

I keep hearing from people that honestly confidence outweighs looks. Obviously I'm not saying that an absolutely horrible looking dude is gonna be okay with it. But my friend used to work at a bar. He said he would see this guy that would walk in, who's maybe 5 foot 5. Overall just a short guy but he would confidentally go up to these dime piece girls and introduce myself and by the end of the night, he would actually leave with one of them and take them home. He's like this dude is not the best looking dude in the world though he's not like ugly but his confidence got him the girls. Thoughts?

• Confidence outweighs looks (as long as you're not like butt ugly)
    30% (34)
  • extremely important
    35% (39)
  • Somewhat important
    25% (28)
  • Doesn't matter to me
    10% (11)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Shy people are sweet but some of them never seem to get very far with the object of their desire. It comes back to fear of rejection and over thinking things. Confidence definitely outweighs looks in this sense. It is the key aspect. Secondly personality and then looks. Not everyone is going to take pity on you or take you by the hand. I learned this when I was 17 and really shy. I had a huge crush on this guy at college, but couldn't even look him in the eyes without turning into a quivering wreck. I had his attention for a bit but he got bored, moved on and some other girl snapped him up. 😠 I had missed my chance.
    You've really got to make some sort of effort to get what you want.
    You really don't have to dive in, wear your heart on your sleeve and blab that you really like them. Just break the ice, make small talk. Get to know them better. Remember, looks are only skin deep. It's what's inside that counts.

What Girls Said 20

• It is somewhat important, but the thing that I think this guy I have been dating struggles with is that fine line of confidence and being cocky/full of themselves.

• Somewhat important

• I voted for the first option, but you need to be careful in conveying a confident message vs a cocky one.

• I chose confidence outweighs looks.
    There's a few guys around that have never really caught my attention, but when they show their confidence or do something that I'd feel awkward doing, I suddenly get drawn to them.
    But make sure you're being confident and not cocky - cocky is an instant turn off for me and can also be pretty annoying.

• What is it about confidence that is so appealing to girls though that makes it sometimes outweigh looks? I know as a guy I couldn't care less if a girl is confident or not. In fact I prefer a shy girl.

• And that's enough for you to look past their physical attractiveness? Cuz I know it wouldn't be a thing for guys.

• I guess men and women are attracted to different things but for me it can outweigh looks. That's for an average looking/slightly below average guy though - I still need that physical attraction if it's someone I'm going to be kissing etc.

• I chose A because I seem to be attracted to cocky guys, but not like they're jerks about it. It's more like a swagger I guess, but confidence for sure. Anyways, the guys I'm attracted to aren't always like smokin hot, but they immediately grab my attention with their assertiveness and confidence. Not to say good looks hurt, of course lol

• Well im okay with it but its kinda important cause there's this guy who I know who's dating someone but he can't even go up to her in person to talk to her or look at her eyes hehe.. What's the point if you can't do any of these things. So yeah it doesn't outweigh PERSONALITY but it does for looks I guess.. hope it helps.

• I'd say it's very important, it can definitely be as attractive as a good looking face.. if not more.

• Full of yourself cocky confidence? No!
    Confidence like being secure in yourself? Then HELL yeah.
    Everybody should be proud of who they are without pressing it down on others.

• For me, it's important. What i've noticed is that most of guys that I like act confident when they actually aren't and they weren't that good looking but I still found them very attractive. So yes, confidence is important.

• It's somewhat important to me. I can understand having insecurities (because who doesn't have them?) but people who completely lack confidence tend to be insufferable pricks

• It's very important to me. sorry if this sounds shallow but even if i met a great guy i just couldn't see myself dating him if he was lacking in confidence.

• Hahaha trust me that's not shallow at all. Shallow would be saying I wouldn't date him if he wasn't 6 feet tall and pure muscle and hot. At least confidence is a symbol of his personality.

• Confidence is one of the most important things. Confidence is sexy.

• What's sexy about it?

• Confidence outweighs looks (as long as you're not like butt ugly to the specific person)

• Somewhat important

• There are some men I didn't think I'd ever hook up with and then BAM... they've charmed their way into my bed lol And confidence got them there!!

• Really... hmmm what about their confidence was so attractive to you that outweighed their looks?

• Of course!

• Wow... hahaha and that's where guys and girls differ.

• It is somewhat importante

• Confidence (comfortable in one's own skin) but not arrogance (getting under everyone else's)

• It sure as hell doesn't outweigh looks!!!
    But know that confidence is a plus! Not cockiness

• It's important because i like guy who are manly and have charism

• I've honestly hung around a few guys that were not really attractive yet I was still extremely attracted to them because of their confidence.

• What about that confidence made it so attractive to you despite their physical looks?