What's the difference between being needy and showing that you care?

I have recently met a guy that I like a lot and I feel like he likes me too. We have each others numbers and we don't tend to text much, we talk much more in person. I've noticed in person he doesn't pay that much attention to his phone either.

Anyway, I texted him to tell him I hope he has a fun trip this weekend (he's going away for Easter) and no response. I feel like I always text him first and I don't want to come across as needy, because I simply wanted to let him know I was thinking of him and just wish him a good trip.

I'd like guys and girls opinions and what you consider to be needy.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're fine. In order to be needy, you'd have to be texting him every couple of hours needing to know where he is, not giving him any space or independence, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think you're coming across as being needy. He may be the type that just doesn't like to text that much.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• That's not needy at all , that's being considerate , now saying stuff like "I don't want you to go without me " would probably be more considered needy