At what point does kissing become making out?

Yeah my age is correct. :) not very experienced in this. I just started kissing the woman I'm dating (I guess I can call her my girlfriend at this point) last night. The only kisses I've had before were closed mouth, and somewhat chaste. Last night, we pretty much went at it open mouthed for thirty seconds at a time. No tongue, although I almost got up the nerve to try it.

At what point does kissing become making out? Is it when you start groping, or does open mouth kissing count?

I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• When tongue is involved and you are kissing for more than 10 seconds.

• We were definitely going way longer than ten seconds, but no tongue yet.

• It's quite possible that we reached that level... Haha

• Then that's a good thing. :D

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Kissing I think is usually just pecks and short kisses however making out is literally swapping saliva maybe even french kissing lol. Open mouth is pretty much the start of making out.

• Whenever u decide!

• I would say extended open mouthed kisses are considered making out!

• Usually when tongues come out and hands start exploring

• I think it's when tongues are involved, as in when you're exploring each other's mouths with your tongue, or like when you're tongues meet (sorry if I am being gross :P) I'd also say that making out involves touching each other's bodies in a sexual way. Even kissing certain parts of each other's bodies which really turn you on.

• open mouth with tongue and it counts as making out when you are kissing for 10 minutes straight

• Yea I reckon open mouth counts.

• when a boob is grabbed!

• Yes, "open mouth" kissing is making out and I don't consider it "making out" unless it happens for a longer time. Early on in dating you might just kiss a couple times at the end of the night and that is it, then after awhile you might start "open mouth" kissing but only maybe for a minute at the end of the night. But then, I think making out is when you kiss like that but for at least a few minutes and can last as long as you want it to.

What Guys Said 1

• A kiss seems to be a quick motion.

Making out is attacking her tongue with yours, wrestling for position and chasing that sweet sensation.

That's when you guide her hand onto your lap, so she can feel the bump of your fully erec... I'll stop.