Guys, does it really matter if a girl doesn't have a nice big bubble butt and wide hips?

I am asking because I was just rejected by my crush for some girl in my math class who is thick but fit with a bubbly butt and thick hips and thighs. And another guy I liked last year didn't find me attractive. I have a sister who is 14 and 3 years my junior with a bigger butt, boobs, and hips than me and she isn't fat or chubby at all. People have commented on that and it makes me feel bad, like if something is wrong with me.

The past 10 months I have made it my goal to gain wieght and exercise because before I was skinnier but with more fat as in flabby skinny. I couldn't do sit ups without someone holding my feet down and couldnt even do one push up. Now I take care of myself and I went from 102 pounds to 114 pounds. I am 5'2 by the way. But for some reason my breasts got smaller and my whole body seemed to have gotten leaner. I suppose the saying that muscle weighs more that fat is true. I have a more sculpted figure now but sadly my butt isn't big. Its just a now perky but still small butt. I was told its because no one can drastically change one's shape. A lot of it is due to genetics and body structure. Sure you can improve it but there is only so much you can do because gaining muscle and good fat isn't necessarily deposited where you want it. I now love my scuplted legs and arms. But my butt just got perkier and my hips and waist ratio are the same. I lost breast fat. I went from a 34 C to a 32 B.

Does it really matter? Sorry if this is all over the place. I am a crying mess over this rejection and and the fact that i never had a boyfriend.
Does having a small ass & B cup boobs really a deal breaker? According to my parents, siblings, and friends, I am a sweetheart and have a pretty face.. So i know it isn't my personality thats throwing guys off. So I don't know what else could it be except my lack of curves depsite my wieght gain and increase of muscle through lots of training.

Most Helpful Guy

• First you seem to be a really nice girl.. You shouldn't let someone's rejection of you taint your self image. You should not have to alter your self to get a guy.

Second, let me tell you something, the right guy is going to love you as you are, and isn't going to care how big your (pardon the vulgarity) tits or ass are.

I am a breast and ass man, but I didn't marry my wife for those features. I married her because I fell hopelessly in love with her.

• So what you are saying is that even if you wife didn't have a nice figure you would have still married her? Welk thats nice to hear. Its funny because guys I know always want the girl with the "sexy" curves. I have yet to meet a guy that isn't a boobs and butt man. If I somehow met a guy like that I guess I could say he is a "one in a billion" kind of guy. A rarety to humankind haha because even my father cherishes curves in a woman and once told me that thats just how men are--attracted to our female features when we are very well proportioned and womanly looking. My Dad once mistook someone else for my Mom before they had me because she had the same color features and outfit and he had to comment : "Gorgive me, I am not with you for your ass but I rememebr you having a better butt"... Lol then he realized when she turned around that it was someone else and he was like "Thank God."...

• And I have a cousin who is 25 years old and he absolutely loves his wife's ass haha in fact every girl he has been with before... Oddly all of them have had busty curves.

• Honestly I would still find her attractive, but that is because I love her.

What Guys Said 18

• Curves definitely attract, but as long as you look like a female in some major fashion, it is personality and interest after that. Now young dudes may think differently and we all have our preferences in body types. I actually like gals who are a little taller and medium build rather than skinny. But I know guys that like skinny girls. Girls that are in shape at the gym are also attractive even if their butts aren't that big.

People, especially girls will work on every thing they can physically but not their personality and interests. Being open, fun, not overly obnoxious, able to carry a normal conversation with a guy and engage him, have fun with him, play with him in fun ways, that goes a mile and covers up the other stuff fast. We all just wantt o be loved and be accepted don't we.

Work on that stuff, look "good enough" like well kept and be social and you should find someone. To me, 17 is still young to date, but I realize today you are like out of it if you haven't had a boyfriend. Take your time and enjoy the process. you have a lot to learn.
    if you can realize everyone is flawed and insecure, you are a mile ahead...

• I guess thats where I have gone wrong. Not only am I the girl thats skinny but newly in shape and a little bit thicker, I have always been the nerdy kid. The one that hides in the background, afraid to be herself and doesn't know how to hold a conversation well unless its someone I really know. Being shy has kept me from making friends because I can talk well with people I know well but its hard enough already just trying to get to know people. I am what you would call the goody-two shoes who hasn't necessarily lived if you mean in the carefree, experience essence. But I have lived as in I have seen pain and what can destroy someone in and out. I can definitely say i have seen sides of life a lot of people my age didn't see at a very young age. But with that being said I guess I will always be the sore loser.

• I actually am a bit of a perfectionist and it shows in my upkeep in trying to be a very good person... for the longest time I never understood why girls dressed up and wore makeup. I would think they were attention whores. I cared about the interior. But it started to dwindle when I realized I was just living a fantasy

• don't label yourself like that... it isn't true or fair to say "always will be", but accept yourself where you are at right now as that is what it took you to survive and how you survived.

I as well was the goody two shoes, nice guy, shy and introverted and had received a lot of pain in early life. I could talk to a few friends or people I knew and trusted, but I was difficult for girls even the good ones who'd approach me. no-one could get close without me ejecting them. That is the source of much of your trouble as well I suspect...

You have to do the work to heal that stuff.. your inner child is wounded as are so many, yours is just in a certain way. It took me a long time to figure that out. Until you do, the sub conscious wounds are your "rudder" that steers your life... Better off dealing with them now and taking back control from all the lies and junk heaped on you, including the ones you are now putting on yourself.
      Counseling is in order. ask me more if you wish...

• Im 22 now and honestly I look 100% different than what I did when when I was 17 and its been a huge change for the better. So if you are not happy with how you look now trust me your body will change a lot in the next 5 years. that being said there is no reason why you can't be happy with how you look now. I wish I could go back to you age with the same confidence and out look on life that I have now. as far as your body type goes, yes guys do tend to focus on the physical aspect of women a lot. all guys have different preferences, I personally like boobs way more that butts but thats just me. Keep on doing what you doing with working out though, I don't think I now any guy who wouldn't like a girl who's in shape. as far as trying to make your butt look bigger have you been doing squats or leg presses with heavy weight? like weight that you can only do 3 to 5 reps with at one time? and whoever told you that you can't change your body because of genetics is feeding you lies! making your boobs bigger might be impossible but it is definitely possible to get a big butt if you put in the time and effort, it'll just take a while.

• Well I have never met a guy that had a "preference" for females that didn't have big tits and ass. Also no one told me that. I did my own research for it. Yes we can change our bodies but only to a certain extent. We can with effort get a bigger but or a flat abdomen or muscular legs. Yes we can. I know that. But for a girl like me who is rather square shaped and petite there is only so much I can do. Most of these women who change drastically are resorting to unnatural methods. I will never have a Kim Kardashian body because thats just unnatural for someone like me. I will never have that fulm and perfect hourglass figure because you CANNOT SPOT REDUCE OR SPOT GAIN. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH YOU CAN DO NATURALLY WITH YOUR BODY. I know because I have been getting thicker but guess what so has my stomache and though I may be thicker the fat on my stomache makes me thicker butt and hips look smaller than it is. I am still no where from being fat. I am just thicker and still petite.

• And yes I sqaut and I lift. I know so much about trying to change one's body because my low self esteemed self has done TONS of research. But my natural shape has a slightly bigger upper body than lower body. My breasts are a little bit bigger ass and my shoulders are broad for my frame. Its embarassing but oh well. I have been trying to change this with no effin luck until I realized there is only so much you can do naturally.

• I typically exercise for 40 minutes 5 days a week at school which consist of sports like baseball and badminton and doing certain routines of mixing up running and doing push ups and sit ups. Some days we do sprints. Some days we get on the cardio machines. Some days we run up hills behind the school near the football field. Some days we run a mile. We have a good and well rounded pe course. On my own I squat and lift weights as well as lunges, butt bridges, donkey kicks, and etc.

• That stuff really isn't that important, it's more just like gravy. If the girl isn't compatible because our personalities don't mix well, I could care less about her tits or her ass. Plain and simple, you're fine, so don't let one breakup ruin your confidence.

• Attraction matters yea but nothing is wrong with anyone. Its just how society flows. Society and biology are two different things

• I mean I am not downright hideous. Most peiole tell me I am pretty or cute or something along those lines. But I just never seem to be enough when it comes to dating. I am at a good weight for my age now and I have a good fat percentage (I know from my last physical exam at the doctors) but its just my shape. I can improve it which I have been. Alot! But There is only is much you can do with your shape. Its just the way I am. I am thicker but not that curvacious.

• Yea I understand

It also comes down to choice of guys you want. Choice is sometimes more important for a successful relationship

Choose someone that also likes you the same way, not only guys you 'want'

• The last guy that liked me I didn't want because... He was very creepy. Very creepy. Extremely clingy and harrassful. So i dont feel bad for not choosing to go out with him. And trust me, I have fallen for dudes that i never would have thought I would want because I fall for their... I know this is cheesy but their soul and mind. Its just for some reason or another something doesn't work out. Either they move away and simply lose contact, they find someone more interesting, or they just end up falling for their ex again... Shit like that if you know what I mean

• It's fine
    Just chill
    Umm what I'm saying is you should always be yourself so you can find someone who can really love you.
    You're still young plus guys at this age are you know immature types 😂 LOL !

• pretty face triumphs all. ALL!

• Different tings suit different people. I'd need to see a pic :).
    Seriously, there's no 'standard' beautiful woman. That's a construction of media hype!

• Relax.
    Everyone has their own preferences.
    If it bothers you, do lunges and squats every day.

• I do. In fact I do then 3 days a week because I discovered that doing them everyday doesn't let the muscles rest and your muscle gain is at its peak on its rest days otherwise you hust burn more than you gain. Research it. But like I said I have been working out for the past 10 months...

• nope... actually I prefer the skinny/toned look

• Suggestion: Don't base your ideas about what men find attractive on a handful of examples.

• Different strokes for different folks.
    Some prefer the petite form while others prefer their SO to be "curvy".

• Where are these folks that perfer petite forms? Can you find them for me? Lmao

• Oh okay. I never realized that. Must be looking in the wrong crowds

• Best of luck with your search

• yea, its called a blow job.

• It doesn't matter. Just try not to think about it

• No, it doesn't.

• 0|0
    • Is that her?

• Yea awkward, lol but I'm pretty sure you look fine and beautiful, don't sweat it, there's probably guys that secretly like you but are too scared to even look at you or approach you lol, good luck.

• @Collegedude54 Hence why I'm a firm believer women should start approaching. You guys have a much better success rate of getting a yes than the other way around.

• You sound fine to me, I would do you.

• Well yeah. I have a good fat percentage and I am thicker than before I started taking care of myself. I am at a more healthy weight now. But there is only so much you can do with your body shape. There is no drastic, " look at that smokin hot body" for me. My tummy got a bit bigger just like my curves... And I am still not fat. Its just the proportions of MY shape is the same. just thicker and healthier

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Not every guy likes big butts ya know

• Where are those guys?

• Everywhere lol. Most guys I know like smallish, muscled butts. Not the big jiggling ones you see on porn, at least that's what they told me. There are more important things than butts, i. e. the legs!

• most times it depends on the guy. I have asked out many guys and have rejected because of my curves (not fat though) so just go for someone else

• Really? Who would turn down a girl with curves? I never saw a guy like that.

• Life lesson: Immature little boys only care about those kind of things, real MEN value so much more.